Diablo® III

most "fun" build to play as wizard?

Been thinking about picking my wizard up again - got her to 60 but never did anything after that. I've played with people using the CM build (think i got that right, the one with all the tornado action going on?) - and, while powerful, it doesn't look particularly fun to play. Looked like a lot of teleporting to a group of mobs, spamming the same seizure-inducing spell repeatedly, and waiting.

Curious what skills/builds you guys might be able to suggest which would be a bit more "fun" to play, while maybe not necessarily maxing out damage. Open to anything really - just want to be able to kill things efficiently in the 3-6 MP range, while still having fun running around.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
View profile
"Fun" is relative.
I suggest you take a look at the Wizard Builds compendium already stickied.
I won't tell you what's fun for you. Try the builds listed there and see if anything tickles your fancy.

Meteors, perhaps?
Reply Quote
It's funny how lots of people talk !@#$ about CM/WW (I did too when it was initially discovered with SB) at first and then slowly start gearing towards it.
Reply Quote
The problem with fun builds is they stop being fun when your damage starts to suck in inferno+higher mp.
Reply Quote
I really like standard archon TP (refer to sticky) and replace LL with spectral blades and replace TP with blizzard...

Archon when it's up, freeze/dice when it's not. Especially fun in public games...
Reply Quote
Love my build, a shock pulse meteo spam abomination, super fun to play.

If I where you I would try and make a build based around a skill you like. I recommend wave of force, because no one uses it. Almost any build works in low MP, that's where you wanna play to have fun with random crazy builds.
Reply Quote
imo make your own build
Reply Quote
archon is fun

meteors are fun (i prefer tanking build with LL prodigy and dynamo to the reduced casting cost / ranged meteor spam build).

Ive been having lots of fun working on / perfecting the desint build I use for high dps high mp farming.

I've played with people using the CM build [...] - and, while powerful, it doesn't look particularly fun to play. Looked like a lot of teleporting to a group of mobs, spamming the same seizure-inducing spell repeatedly, and waiting.

try it out yourself and you'll find it isnt quite as simple / boring as that. Some people love the cm playstyle, while others don't enjoy it as much. personally I'm a big fan of cm for many reasons, one of which is that I find it fun :P
Reply Quote
@Kaniran- I would love hearing more about your build. It sounds fun.

My best and funniest build- http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#aRYlPf!gXW!cZZYYZ
Reply Quote
My build is pretty fun. It's something that I've been tinkering with for a couple days and it's coming along nicely. I just wish I had better gear to back it up. :/ Anyway, my build is built around the new Illusionist passive, Teleporting around spamming Slow Time and Mirror Image. Now, look how crappy my gear is, and I can survive quite well on MP1 without the use of Energy Armor or Diamond Skin. How? With the Time Shell rune giving an 80% movement reduction, and Sleet Storm's 60% movement reduction it makes you almost untouchable. Explosive Blast is in there as extra DPS, and it's quite hilarious timing Chain Reaction w/ Worm Hole because you can teleport around multiple locations, exploding every time you re-surface. And finally Mirror Image keeps the enemies distracted while you teleport and explode all over the place.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Bukizzle-1560/hero/17734850
Edited by Bukizzle#1560 on 2/18/2013 4:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
"Fun" is relative.
I suggest you take a look at the Wizard Builds compendium already stickied.
I won't tell you what's fun for you. Try the builds listed there and see if anything tickles your fancy.

Meteors, perhaps?

Meteors are a blast, no pun intended. The lower the MP, the more the build diversity. It's harder at higher MP to use such a variety of spells efficiently.

I suggest that the OP looks at the Wizard build compendium sticky, as there's a ton of builds, including some "Raining Meteors" builds. Link:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004037930

Emperor's RM build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6933833758

Good luck.
Reply Quote
Try experimenting around with different abilities and rune combinations and pick out the ones you enjoy the most. Then maybe try to focus a build around one or two (or three or four...) of them and find out what things synergize well with others.. You might find it much more rewarding.

If that's not your thing then I'll just echo what others have said and suggest checking out the Wizard build compendium sticky. Some good information in there.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]