I too am having the same issue, I had it before the recent patch but it seems to be happening far more frequently since the patch. The specific error message I get, when it gives me an error code which it doesn't always, is "Error 3007
I too have followed all the suggested "fixes," including:
- Defaulting my router to factory settings
- Deleting cache folders
- Disabling internet security/firewall/antivirus
- Ensuring all my drivers are up to date
- IP Reset (Release/Renew/DNS Flush)
- Power cycling the router
- Setting "Secondary Logon" protocols to "Automatic" in Windows
- Two fresh installations of the game, one on a traditional platter drive and the other on my solid state drive.
The one suggestion they give (Their #1 in the official tech support guide) that I cannot follow is to connect directly to my modem, bypassing my router. I cannot do that as they're the same device, as they are for most people on modern ISPs.
Either way, none of the above has even come close to reducing the frequency of this problem (Actually, I'd say it's getting even worse) much less resolving it.
One last thing, this isn't isolated to Barbarians. I say that because some people speculate in this thread that it's somehow connected to playing Barbarians. I do not play a Barbarian, and this error occurs for me with the same frequency when playing either my Demon Hunter, or my Wizard.