Diablo® III

BOA: Goodbye economy

02/18/2013 06:12 AMPosted by Zaxxon23
You're not supposed to gather gold to get great items. You're supposed to find great items to trade for great items.

You do this by selling items for gold, in order to get new items that suit your character. Just because you don't get to drop all your stuff in a bartering window and WUG-WUW-NThxBYE the other guy it doesn't mean you're not trading stuff. Added to this you get the actual gold drops, which at least allow you to tally a bit of progress towards that next piece you've been looking for. Essentially you're doing the same in the auction house in a way more efficient way, without the hassle of having to spam a trade channel, creating a forum tradelist or creating a game to sit for who knows how long, expecting someone having exactly what you want to join only to find out nobody has it. Gold may be less exciting to gather, but it's definitely a more tangible way to estimate your wealth in a game. Think about it like WUG-WUW-NThxBye at a larger scale with a lot more people, if you will. For those willing to still do that because they find it enjoyable, the game should at least have a barter option.

I believe, this game could use more of that addictive "oh shiny!" feeling when you actually found something useful for your current character, because you're right, finding items is a lot more exciting than shopping for them. These new crafting recipes are a tiny step in that direction, even if they still don't solve the terrible overall loot quality that make D3 so frustrating sometimes.
Reply Quote
This just in Bob!

It seems recent changes in the Diablo 3 economy have started to bring rampant gold inflation under control. Flippers who used to make billions off of amulets and gloves are now forced to make only moderate profits. It seems top tier gear is now acquirable by a wide spectrum of players, not just the hyper rich and lucky.

We are also receiving reports that a large mass of QQ is currently drifting across the general forums, an event possibly linked to the recent changes.

Back to you Bob.

/fake news sarcasm off
Reply Quote
working as intended...
Reply Quote
This thread makes me laugh.
Bracers were worthless before the patch even, if they weren't lacunis, they weren't nothing.
Ammys did have the bottom cut out from them.
BIS armors will always be the set armors for the bonus aspect.
Shoulders is now a toss up between VWs, good rares and BOA ones.

sorry man vile wards deader than a doornail
my shoulders cost me 1m to craft and pre-patch closest thing to them would have been 100's of millions

this game rewards laziness
in a few weeks when the casuals hit the crafting wall they will be crying again
nerf this buff that, I am terrible at the game so anyone who actually took the time and put in the effort must be punished
Reply Quote
you can take your bill gold and shove it up your candy factory. im glad you are upset and hope you get even more upset till you quit and attempt a real life. bye bye billbo
Reply Quote
hey nardo, put away your epeen. No one care or wants to see that gross drippy thing. Seriously, who cares if you got P100 first and have BiS gear in every slot that you got on your own. You might get a small circle jerk of followers who will hang on your every word, but the vast majority of players just don't care about your imaginary and irrelevant accomplishments. Here, I've got a challenge for you. Film yourself playing the impossible game for a whole hour nonstop and try to get as far as you can go. Post it up on youtube once you've got yourself playing it non-stop for a whole hour without messing up. Get that cheevo brah. The "I've posted a vid of myself playing the impossible game flawlessly for a hour straight and posted it on youtube for all to see" achievement.
Reply Quote
View profile
One day all bis items will worth next to zero. Inevitable. Please don't say you didn't see this one coming /facepalm

But don't feel too down about this, if you can give all your stuff that's dropped in value to me you would be insta-happy!! You would at least not see those items to remind you of the pain!!
Reply Quote
Thanks for all the fish !
Reply Quote
And yes this game needs a lot more shiny drops. That's why BOA is a horrible concept in a Diablo game. Instead of shinies we get BOP crafting mats. Whoopee

Problem no 1 in D3, Itemization...

Crafting is just a 'fix' to keep people 'happy'...

I said it before, items must drop with pre-defined affixes... eg Lacuni should always drop

70-100 base stat (int, dex, str)
70-100 vit
50-80 allres
4.5-6 crit

ALWAYS.

Low rolls will still be low rolls and will still be cheap, because all of them drop like that ... and the top ones will stoll be top ones because its still hard to roll a perfect one.

All the items can be worked like this, even rares... but editing rares they will have to reduce the drop chance to 2-3% of what it is now. Then we get forum again with 'rares never drop' - duh - they should be rare... now they are like white items with a yellow color :\
Reply Quote
d2 = farm for your own gear, swap only for runes to build unique stuff...

d3 = till now = use ah

D3 = from now farm your own gear only trade for items you cannot craft.

D3 = in the curent future craft or search your own gear, trade only for items that bring something unique to your character that cannot be crafted, but instead are made using distinctive not boa only hard droppable items ...after that pvp like in diablo 2...

If d3 introduces some new items with varing from 1% chance to 0.00000000001% chances but tradable and upgradable never downgradable, that add something to your character making it unique or making him less static in skill build wise...Then diablo 3 will become the next generation ARPG that everyone wants...after that, the rmah will still work...money will have a new meaning, will make grinding less boring hoping for the drop...and everyone is happy.
Reply Quote

Thank you Blizzard for making my 1.3 bil gold collection in good amulets worthless overnight. Great amu's can now be bought sub 10 mil on AH. Thank god it did not cost 100's of hours playing - that would be a shame.

BOA was a good idea.

Thank you, Blizzard, for making this guy's collection of amulets worthless overnight! Thanks for making it so I never, ever have to partake in the ridiculous, overblown, so-called 'economy' of the AH, and I can actually play on my own and never worry that I'm really missing out on the good stuff. Thanks for making the game about playing the game instead of playing a spreadsheet masquerading as an in-game trading system. At the very least, thanks for making it so if I do decide to go in and look at the stuff in the AH, I don't have to worry that because I only play a few hours a week, I'll only be able to afford something in 2017.

BOA WAS a good idea.
Reply Quote
Thank you, Blizzard, for making this guy's collection of amulets worthless overnight! Thanks for making it so I never, ever have to partake in the ridiculous, overblown, so-called 'economy' of the AH, and I can actually play on my own and never worry that I'm really missing out on the good stuff. Thanks for making the game about playing the game instead of playing a spreadsheet masquerading as an in-game trading system. At the very least, thanks for making it so if I do decide to go in and look at the stuff in the AH, I don't have to worry that because I only play a few hours a week, I'll only be able to afford something in 2017.BOA WAS a good idea.

What the hell are you talking about - I hardly 'play the AH' ... I play the game and found some kickass items which I sold for a lot of gold - unlike you. Go away with your 50h played and expect to have the same as someone with 1000h+ played attitude. Thank you.
Reply Quote
d2 = farm for your own gear, swap only for runes to build unique stuff...

It was next to impossible to find everything you wanted in D2. You could self-find a sufficient gearset, but you did not self-find a godly gearset.

So stop acting like D2 was completely self-farmable. It wasn't.

I farmed my own gear...Hoto/smoke or The mf armor with LEM Greed was it's name i think...Shako /sandwalkers and some chances in the hands and you could prolly make andariel/mephisto runs for some other items...Not to mention the variaty of amulets with +to x skill and mf....The thing is, you could build a very stable mf build with little to nothing items...The thing is to know the game,

And even if you didn't knew the game, and couldn't afford this things...if you got lucky with a char at the hell forge + some perfect farming, could have brought you a solid gear for mf...Don't act like you know the game dude...If you couldn't think of a way to self farm doesn't mean there isn't any.
Edited by Vendetta#2202 on 2/18/2013 7:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
So OP, what were you waiting for instead of just selling them? It's pretty obvious that the value could only go down unless they decided to nerf amulet drops, like that would ever happen.

So now OP is in shock and awe because he held on to items that are worth "2000 million billion TRILLION US DOLLARS!" and they are suddenly patched out.

Oh, right.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]