Diablo® III

BOA: Goodbye economy

LOL @ (GREAT) amulets being bought at 10mil, just for giggles i checked AH for a good amulet upgrade, all GOOD not even BiS where all 120m+ .......
Reply Quote
View profile
D3 is just a microcosm of real life.

People who worked longest, hardest, and smartest have the best stuff. Casuals and the young have no idea why they can't have the best stuff too for little or no effort, and they petition leadership to make it happen. Whether through whining on forums, or the voting booth, they eventually get their way. Predictably, the laws of supply and demand cannot be repealed and the economy goes to complete crap.

Oh well at least with D3 we can just move on to another game :s
Reply Quote
This is a good lesson on life for the OP.

First lesson, nothing is permanent.

Second lesson, things can lose value over time, invest wisely.

Third lesson, Diablo is a game about hunting for better items. If getting new items that are better than the ones you already have makes you sad, you're playing the wrong game.
Reply Quote
View profile

Third lesson, Diablo is a game about hunting for better items. If getting new items that are better than the ones you already have makes you sad, you're playing the wrong game.

Funny you say that since this update was the first major step taken in removing the item hunt from D3. Please explain to me why you will ever pick up an amulet, glove, bracer, chest, or shoulder ever again.

I think you meant to say "Diablo is a game about hunting for crafting materials"
Reply Quote
You do know it gets worse when they release an expansion, right? The entire market will tank. If you aren't ready for a few items to drop in price, then you would die when everything does to make way for you know.. new content maybe?
Reply Quote
OP is just another upset AH flipper. Gotta love how they rage post.

Just play the game or leave for good
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 07:29 AMPosted by Zaxxon23
I farmed my own gear...Hoto/smoke or The mf armor with LEM Greed was it's name i think...Shako /sandwalkers and some chances in the hands and you could prolly make andariel/mephisto runs for some other items...Not to mention the variaty of amulets with +to x skill and mf....The thing is, you could build a very stable mf build with little to nothing items...The thing is to know the game,

This is a sufficient gearset, not remotely close to a godly gearset. You could self-farm the same level of gear in D3 without ever touching the auction house.

The fact still remains. Self-finding a godly gearset in D2 was impossible unless you spent 10 years doing it. And even then it wasn't guaranteed.

Yet you think you should be able to self-find a godly gearset in D3. You people are delusional.

Just logged in to correct this person. I played D2 for about 2-3 years. I had every single item in the game drop at least once. That is a conservative number. The actual number was usually much higer than one.

This poster is the delusional one. He speaks in what he thinks are facts, but are just incorrectly remembered opinions.

If you believe someone who spews words like "impossible" and it takes "10 years", you would have to be a mindless sheep.

D3s drop rates for legendaries, plus the poor itemization, don't even come close to the level in D2. It would take much longer to farm a decent set of gear, let alone a godly set.

Please stop spreading misinformation.
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 02:39 AMPosted by prod
The problem is that BOA items are BETTER than what you can find and are easier to craft than to actually find. Both should be equal at least to be fair to everyone.
The AH always had far BETTER stuff than you can find and it was easier to buy it from AH than to actually find.
Reply Quote

Just logged in to correct this person. I played D2 for about 2-3 years. I had every single item in the game drop at least once. That is a conservative number. The actual number was usually much higer than one.

This poster is the delusional one. He speaks in what he thinks are facts, but are just incorrectly remembered opinions.

If you believe someone who spews words like "impossible" and it takes "10 years", you would have to be a mindless sheep.

D3s drop rates for legendaries, plus the poor itemization, don't even come close to the level in D2. It would take much longer to farm a decent set of gear, let alone a godly set.

Please stop spreading misinformation.

Uh ... read what he was talking about. Godly items did not drop all the time. They virtually never dropped. Yes, D3 itemization is lousy and drop rates for decent gear is bad compared to D2, but GG items have and should always be very very rare.

Don't be so dense. I read his rant and the other posts where he makes the same claim.

Did you read the part where I said "every item dropped"? If that is the case, which it is, then it follows, that all the "godly" items dropped too.

I never said they dropped all the time, but I did correct his complete underestimate of D2 drop rates.
Reply Quote
Well good riddance... Now the people who are as poor as me now ACTUALLY have a chance...
No more overpriced bull!@#$ items... Good...

Chance at what? In a few weeks, BOA gives you less of a chance of gear progression. It also removes all control of progression (well, unless you count selecting main stat and gear slot). You're purely letting RNG decide your progression.

RNG and my terrible reflexes dictates that I suck now. :/ Crafting provides me a glimmer of light at the cost of the instant gratification complex.

Post your "unsellable" stash prod. I will definitely take a gander.
Reply Quote
If people put half the energy into real life investing that they put into video game investing they'd all be rich.
Reply Quote
Who gives a #@!# about economy? I want find/craft good items.
Reply Quote
Economy? What Economy? This game hasn't had an economy for months.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]