Diablo® III

BOA: Goodbye economy

Cratfing is only good if you have avg to crappy gear. Not trying to offend anyone.
The better gear you have the harder the chance you have in rolling a good upgrade. Its only a matter of time before everyone starts with the AH again.
Also on the AH you could actually search for the stats you want. With crafting you might get an amulet that improves your DPS and VIT but you might be losing on AR. Now you need to upgrade something elso to make up the AR.
Everyone soon will realize that sitting there throwing good coin away on a gamble crafting for an upgarde is time wasted only because its hard to get an upgrade fo the stats that you actually want.
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 09:48 AMPosted by Zaxxon23
I played D2 for about 2-3 years. I had every single item in the game drop at least once. That is a conservative number. The actual number was usually much higer than one.

Unless you were a botter, you are a liar.

What you claim is statistically absurd.

Not at all, but your 10 year claim is certainly absurd.
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 01:46 AMPosted by prod
Thank you Blizzard for making my 1.3 bil gold collection in good amulets worthless overnight.

Well it wasn't o/n; PTR was up for weeks which is plenty of time to sell items that may lose value. I sold off many items as soon as the BoA plans were announced; D3 economy is not about bragging how much you paid for an amulet (which you clearly overpaid), but selling them off before their value drops dramatically.
Reply Quote
Hey OP, I'll pay you 15M for a trifecta amulet since they're only worth 10M now. 20M for trifecta + LOH. :)
Reply Quote
flippers and gold botter tears are delicious.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
yet another Auction House Hero crying. The "deflated" prices mean woo hooo bot's well be more useless selling things in game for more money than you could possibly pickup in thousands of hours of playing is now out. Good for blizz finally taking a step back and making people play the game again. I personaly hate BOA for this game but when you cant buy anything for less than a 100 million on the extreme low side before this patch. It is nice seeing chests ammy's and the like on the ah that can help people get thier dps to a farmable level.
Reply Quote
Stop playing then. Do you not think this happens in every game?
Reply Quote
People making investment should expect to bear a risk. They do not expect they gain all the time. The economy changes from time to time. This also happens in the dailylife. But, I understand how bad it is when this happens.
Reply Quote
Can someone let me know when the economy is completely gone? I wanna play D3 again!
Reply Quote
Nothing to see here, move along people.
Reply Quote
Cratfing is only good if you have avg to crappy gear. Not trying to offend anyone.
The better gear you have the harder the chance you have in rolling a good upgrade. Its only a matter of time before everyone starts with the AH again.
Also on the AH you could actually search for the stats you want. With crafting you might get an amulet that improves your DPS and VIT but you might be losing on AR. Now you need to upgrade something elso to make up the AR.
Everyone soon will realize that sitting there throwing good coin away on a gamble crafting for an upgarde is time wasted only because its hard to get an upgrade fo the stats that you actually want.

I second that. I've crafted about 30 ammy's and nothing was even close to an upgrade. I did craft some bracers that were pretty good. But that was pure luck.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
02/18/2013 12:12 PMPosted by whoopadeedoo
If you can't find upgrades without spending 100m, you either have a godly character or you really suck.

Yep. Another Ah hero. keep crying I almost guarantee Blizz will continue down this path. They want all characters to have a chance not just people willing to duel wield their credit cards. In D2 you could farm the curency (SOJ's). With that you could trade for items in a relitive amount of time. In D3 gold farming at its best i have seen 1-2 million an hour removing any random good luck drops. So for people posting items in the billion gold range (BIS stuff) they would have had to buy gold /or play ah hero to make that kind of money. So for all the people complaining that Blizz took trading out I agree we have no current way to farm tradable items. Gold is not a viable option it would take hundreds of hours (more like 400 including some variables and selling some lucky drops) to pickup/selloff 1billion in gold for 1 item.
Reply Quote
broken itemization = broken economy. The economy in this game will always be garbage.
Reply Quote
The economy is fine.
Reply Quote
I don't even have any of the new BoA stuff crafted, and I've only found one recipe...

But I still think the ideas are awesome. Hoarders and flippers, suck it.
Reply Quote
PEople complain that their items went from 500 million down to nothing overnight.

News flash, most people wont even pay 500 million for an item. Most players are casual. Unless your item is Maxed perfect rolls in several slots, it wont sell to the hardcore gamers because they want best of the best and will pay for it. Casual gamers want whats good enough to let them wreck face without breaking the bank.

You people seriously over value how much your items are really worth.
Reply Quote
PEople complain that their items went from 500 million down to nothing overnight.

News flash, most people wont even pay 500 million for an item. Most players are casual. Unless your item is Maxed perfect rolls in several slots, it wont sell to the hardcore gamers because they want best of the best and will pay for it. Casual gamers want whats good enough to let them wreck face without breaking the bank.

You people seriously over value how much your items are really worth.

Its always great when people that aren't even close to in the market for 500 million gold items tell us what a 500 million gold item really is and who will buy them etc.

Thanks for the education.
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 12:57 PMPosted by squeezebag
broken itemization = broken economy. The economy in this game will always be garbage.

game was meant to NOT REQUIRE a AH house, however because of them trying to make a few dollars more by having the RMAH, that made the game a pay to win scenario. Don't want to use the auction house? Fine, have fun grinding for hours like a dummy for the off chance that you might get maybe 2 or 3 BiS items before you hit the 1000th hour of mindless alk runs.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]