Diablo® III

Demon Hunters need buffs.

Wow, as a DH, all I have to say is: do you guys want some cheese with that whine?!?!
Reply Quote
My DH doesn't have any of these problems. Here's a clue. Higher MP Levels require a different play style than what is used to Paragon Level at MP0. Higher MP Levels require some defense along with some offense. You all cried for a nerf to Reflect Damage because it was killing you at LOW MP LEVELS. If you would of adapted to RD you would now be able to handle HIGH MP LEVELS.

DH'ers don't need a buff, the players just need to Learn to Play. Crying isn't a skill it's just a sign of your own failure.
Reply Quote
My DH doesn't have any of these problems. Here's a clue. Higher MP Levels require a different play style than what is used to Paragon Level at MP0. Higher MP Levels require some defense along with some offense. You all cried for a nerf to Reflect Damage because it was killing you at LOW MP LEVELS. If you would of adapted to RD you would now be able to handle HIGH MP LEVELS.

DH'ers don't need a buff, the players just need to Learn to Play. Crying isn't a skill it's just a sign of your own failure.

Well said,

I have no problem playing this game on any mp, different mp requires different skills or playstyles. The current state of the game well balanced in my opinion
Reply Quote
lol @ unfair that one class is faster at farming late game

notfair QQ is lol

demon hunters need buffs so they can tank like barbs and dps like barbs (why can barb has it all, MOMMMMMY!)

game needs a floor to ceiling rework which is impossible

no leagues no races no ladders, just wait for the quaterly patch that adds a re-gear that interests children and people that have invested real $ into the game
Reply Quote
my suggestion is a passive that gains an amount of hatred per crit.
Reply Quote
i dont know about other classes but you cant possibly think monk has better resource genenating-spending mechanics
first of all ,spirit doesnt regenerate on its own but hatred does ,also you can generate hatred from empty shots with no target
monk's free skill -as you mentioned- which is sweeping wind actually costs 75 spirit ,which is half the bar , mantra of conviction -50 spirit
you need really high attack speed to be able to cast them repeatedly and you can apply the same principle to DH without problem
Reply Quote
I disagreed with that reddit post. Demon Hunters are fine. I have a build with over 1 million eDPS however it is extremely expensive and the rolls just aren't happening for me so I am not running it right now.

We do indeed have a build that allows us to increase and deal sustained damage to all targets at the same time (similar to FoT+SW:Cyclone) however the damage is not the issue here, it is the survivability.

Getting survivability for DH is very expensive. Monks often talk about how they use OWE and how they gear out of OWE getting normal resist gear and how expensive it is for them. For Demon Hunters, we have no other option BUT normal resist gear and not only that, but we also need to boost our DPS using trifectas, average damage, etc. So as you can see, we Demon Hunters are not a cheap class to play and especially not on high MP's as the investment to do so is much much more than a Barbarian or Wizard.

But anyways going back to builds, we have plenty of options for e-dps however one of the big problems (I suppose problem for other people, not me) is that everybody runs cookie cutter and they don't understand how to put the skills together so what we end up with are whine posts like that reddit post that doesn't have any understanding of the class as a whole.

The class itself is fine, in fact we are better off than most classes in the game. In terms of build diversity, we are #1.
Reply Quote
Blizzard just needs to do 1 thing to buff demon hunters.

Increase the rate of hatred regeneration
Reply Quote
the resource system of D3 as whole is stupid, not just for DHs. But for all classes.

For example, you have no chance of playing a Bezerker build if your DPS is to high. You cant get the fury to keep it up which is stupid when playing lower MP lvls thx to the fact that the berzerker is the only way to get around CC effects ... The Berzerker is anyway totally garbage in my eyes. And yes I am playing a barb most of the time. Its to important as skill for the barb. There is pretty much no build without it and everyone is looking to keep it up as long as possible. Just that this sucks.

On the other side all of the skills you have in the game work only for a very short time. In D2 you could change that with skill points which was a good system in my eyes. It gave you a feeling of power. D3? Not so much. Some skills work only for 5 sec. which means you spam them over and over again ... or playing something like revenge where you hammer on the keyboard like a lunatic ...

I am curious who ever got that idea for a game like D3 which is so fast paced.
Reply Quote
DH survivability is fine to me. I also feel like the resource regeneration (for both disc and hatred) is perfect where it is now. I just feel like they need to slightly buff the damage of some skills so you have the option of using something other than ST - EB on higher MP levels. Of course, the whole game needs more diversity in its skills.
Edited by Selphious#1602 on 2/20/2013 6:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
DH's definetly don't need buffs, stop crying and just figure out a good build. Just because DH's can't faceroll high MP does not make them underpowered. Sure some moves like grenades and fan of knives should get a bit buffed to make them more useful but overall the class is ok.
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 06:08 AMPosted by tody
my suggestion is a passive that gains an amount of hatred per crit.

02/20/2013 06:38 AMPosted by Daracon
Increase the rate of hatred regeneration

Or make all hatred spender free => only spam the most powerfull one.

Infinite resource is not something I like a lot. It destroys any hope for diversity.

02/20/2013 06:46 AMPosted by CrniVuk
For example, you have no chance of playing a Bezerker build if your DPS is to high. You cant get the fury to keep it up which is stupid when playing lower MP lvls thx to the fact that the berzerker is the only way to get around CC effects ... The Berzerker is anyway totally garbage in my eyes. And yes I am playing a barb most of the time. Its to important as skill for the barb. There is pretty much no build without it and everyone is looking to keep it up as long as possible. Just that this sucks.

Total immunity to CC should not work all the time. Double tornado would be less powerfull if you can be frozen in middle of a big pack. If you needed to be aware of the type of elite instead of blindly running into all that moves, it could be possible to have more diversity.
Reply Quote
calamity -> spiketrap > EB, fan of knives > fan of daggers, BS > thunderbola, SP > gloom and nightstalker passive. have fun facetanking mp8+, now stop whining
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 07:22 AMPosted by CIB82
DH's definetly don't need buffs, stop crying and just figure out a good build. Just because DH's can't faceroll high MP does not make them underpowered. Sure some moves like grenades and fan of knives should get a bit buffed to make them more useful but overall the class is ok.

Lmao, love this community. If anyone has valid, well thought out advice on how to further balance the game, they're crying and don't know how to play the game. I don't even play any higher MPs on my DH so the issue doesn't affect me (til I hit P100), but there's no denying the relatively underpowered nature of DHs at those MPs. I haven't seen anyone really straight up complain in this thread yet. People are giving valid, reasonable advice on how to balance the game. Blizzard needs input from the community, just like any other developer. Addressing imbalance is necessary, even if you just wanna believe you're a total badass and everyone else is incompetent.
Edited by Selphious#1602 on 2/20/2013 7:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
02/19/2013 08:22 PMPosted by Condottiere
compared to monks and archon wizards DHs can't compete for free spells.
Since when do munks get free spells?
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 06:56 AMPosted by Selphious
so you have the option of using something other than ST - EB on higher MP levels.

There is another option other than EB for Higher MP Levels already, it's called Scatter. I only use EB against Ubers because thats what it's best at, single targets that don't move alot. Scatter works better against large mobs and moving targets when your using it as a Killing tool and not a Life Steal tool.

And the regeneration of Hatred and Discipline is just fine as is. You just need to use skills and a play style that does not waste them.
Reply Quote
02/19/2013 08:22 PMPosted by Condottiere
On the second point, compared to monks and archon wizards DHs can't compete for free spells. Improved archon wizards shoot a beam at 375% weapon damage.

I think this is just a problem with Archon form itself. Trying to balance a class to compete with a perma-god mode ability is just never going to happen and would create serious issues.

I think Archon is quite plainly a stupid ability. It synergizes with nothing, and makes your entire build -- and class for that matter -- pointless as soon as you hit the IWIN button.
Edited by Ignatius#1870 on 2/20/2013 8:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
This is based on the DH survivability. Granted I have played a DH but mine blows. I got tired of it compared to the monk but I feel that I can still chime in.

No class can steamroll mobs in MP 9 and 10. Unbuffed EHP is the stat DHs need to work on. Sure they have crazy DPS and to quote a fellow monk (Supes), dead DPS is NO DPS! Gloom without a doubt is the best defensive skill in the game. Great damage reduction and lifesteal. Gloom more than makes up for the fact that DH don't have the 30% resist to damage like barbs and monks do. Nightstalker and Bitter bill allow gloom to be up all of the time in battle. Also the DH has BABE (boar companion) This little SOB is pretty valuable because of the life regen/15% resist and the fact that it can take some punishment. (not sure how much at MP 9 and 10 though)

Those of you may say bitter pill doesn't offer the AoE that Volatile Explosive offers but from a defensive standpoint it is a good choice and still deals great damage. Skill choices are different depending on the need. If survival is the need then change your skills and increase your EHP.
I respect the DH and the skill sets they possess but they don't need any buffs.
Edited by CyLaNt#1337 on 2/20/2013 8:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
Condottiere dude you are so right i cant point a single mistake in your post, i was playing with a few friends and one of then was a monk and he had 130k dps and he was doing so much better than me (a 180k dh), i felt like the leech in my party the only good thing was my stuns with lightning bolts wich is plain sad, i really hope they do something about it.

pd: great post man!
Reply Quote
My DH is fine. With 60 Discipline I can pretty much keep shadow power on all the time if I wanted to.

There are plenty of effective Hatred Generating skills that hit multiple targets. Most Bola Shot runes , Hungering Arrow/Spray of Teeth, and Grenades all have AoE damage. Entangling Shot can hit 2-4 targets. Evasive Fire/Covering Fire can hit 3 targets. Marked for Death/Grim Reaper gives every skill an area of effect.

OP doesn't sound like he's giving constructive criticism. He does sound like he's whining. People need to think a little bit to make builds work. My primary build uses Twin Chakrams. I have a Nat's Embrace and a Stone of Jordan that each give -5 cost to them, effectively giving me free unlimited spam of them. There's more to damage than paper DPS. My screen says I do 160k dps with this setup, but it's way more than that in practice. Each of the Twin Chakrams can hit the same target twice, so with the correct positioning I get double damage from that. Plus they hit everything in front of me, have a long range, and have 100% pierce. The only drawback is they have gaps in coverage, but if monsters are advancing they walk through those gaps quickly. They also don't do well in narrow passages, but in that case Bola Shot works great by stopping the lead monster so the ones behind can't get through.

Many people overlook gear like the Stone of Jordan, and I kinda did at first too because it was a 27k dps hit. But with it giving me 10 Discipline, free Chakrams, and 30% bonus damage to elites, my dps is much higher than indicated. Plus it adds 5% damage, which I believe is significant for black weapons, and that damage is cold that gets transferred through my chakrams, slowing all the advancing enemies.
Edited by Mark1030#1759 on 2/20/2013 9:58 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]