Diablo® III

Crashing and Errors at Install

90 Tauren Warrior
Played Diablo for a while back on old computer, wanted to install on new. However, I am getting cockblocked by problems. Originally I was able to get to install and get to like 1.7% before it said it could not download necessary files. I've been all over the forums and the rest of the internet all night and tried every single solution ever posted to no avail. Absolutely nothing.

It's making me sick the difficulty of this crap you're putting me through to play I game I paid 60 bucks for when I've been a reliable customer for 6 years giving you hundreds of money myself and thousands with the amount of people I've connected to WoW and various other Blizzard Games.

I already know what the problem is, and I need a fix. Not a single solution you guys have posted anywhere helps. The problem is agent is using p2p file sharing software to update and I don't know why in the Lord Of Hells demented mind you would use such a system that's looked down upon by the upper-echelon communities when it's so flawed and shunned.

Because of your using p2p to update with Agent I cannot install, my college blocks all data transfer in that regard. I need a fix, you guys need to get on this.

I repeat, not a single fix you guys have posted has helped, I have tried absolutely positively everything.

If I manage to get past Updating Blizzard Update Agent I get to Updating Blizzard Launcher, where it ultimately shuts down and says try again or contact yall. After 12 hours of trying everything you guys mentioned everywhere, I am contacting you. Help me for Diablo's sake before I destroy my computer in frustration and boycott Blizzard Games.
Edited by Beezlebro#1149 on 2/14/2013 4:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
literally having the same exact problem.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
I feel your pain, however, the likelihood of a blue post seems farther away than my ability to perfectly install the game.
Reply Quote
People have been waiting for a fix for a long time already. This started happening with the introduction of the streaming client during Cataclysm beta.

You have a few options to get around this problem.

1. Manually updating the Agent/Launcher and downloading the latest tfil.
  • Agent / Launcher: http://patchup.info/d3/tools/Win/
    (Method 2 is the most reliable IMO, but they all work)
  • Diablo III.tfil: http://patchup.info/d3/tfil/NA/
Replace your SetupWin.mpq with the one downloaded and do the same with the Diablo III.tfil file.

If you're unsure whether you can trust the website, it's been online since 2010 and no one has access to any of those files other than me.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2416206680 (The tfil file on the website is automatically updated whenever Blizzard pushes an update)

--- Other options

2. Use a VPN like hotspotshield.com or a paid VPN service.

3. Go to a Starbucks and patch using their wifi.

4. Tether your mobile phone.

5. Find a friend willing to send you his Battle.net folder and tfil file.
Edited by e1D#1473 on 2/14/2013 4:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Will attempt them down the list. Will let you know if it works. Thank you for the advice.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
You are the mother!@#$ing bomb. Even though I have the disk DL'ing the rest of the crap is going to take ages with a college connection. Just hit .01%, so thank you again. I will be back of course, if any problem persist but as of now I think you've saved me hours more of frustration and agony.

First method seems to have worked. I DL'ed hotspotshield just in case and when I tried to begin with it enabled it failed to initialize streaming. Disabled and it seems to be working though slow as a sloth I'll take it.

Out of curiosity, does HSS secure your connection enough to allow torrents on campus? I need to know because I will either have to configure it to do that or do the same method to install Starcraft 3.

People have been waiting for a fix for a long time already. This started happening with the introduction of the streaming client during Cataclysm beta.

You have a few options to get around the problem.

1. Manually updating the Agent/Launcher and downloading the latest tfil.
  • Agent / Launcher: http://patchup.info/d3/tools/Win/
    (Method 2 is the most reliable IMO, but they all work)
  • Diablo III.tfil: http://patchup.info/d3/tfil/NA/
Replace your SetupWin.mpq with the one downloaded and do the same with the Diablo III.tfil file.

If you're unsure whether you can trust the website, it's been online since 2010 and no one has access to any of those files other than me.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2416206680 (The tfil file on the website is automatically updated whenever Blizzard pushes an update)

--- Other options

2. Use a VPN like hotspotshield.com or a paid VPN service.

3. Go to a Starbucks and patch using their wifi.

4. Tether your mobile phone.

5. Find a friend willing to send you his Battle.net folder and tfil file.
Edited by Beezlebro#1149 on 2/14/2013 4:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/14/2013 04:06 PMPosted by Stampy
Out of curiosity, does HSS secure your connection enough to allow torrents on campus? I need to know because I will either have to configure it to do that or do the same method to install Starcraft 3.

You mean Heart of the Swarm? HSS is too slow and unreliable for actual downloading. I mean, sometimes you get pretty decent speeds with it but there are times in which it simply doesn't work or is extremely slow. As for other paid VPN services, some charge you for the bandwidth you use and may be worth looking at, but I wouldn't use it for things that might get the attention of copyright holders.

This issue affects SC2 in the same way it affects Diablo so the same method that works for Diablo III should work for SC2 including downloading the StarCraft II.tfil

About the slow speeds you're getting, are you using a wired connection?
Edited by e1D#1473 on 2/14/2013 4:39 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]