Diablo® III

Whats the next upgrade for the barb above you

03/06/2013 05:45 AMPosted by sHiZzlEr
Barbarian, Nice Mempo :)

i see what u did there..
@shizzler Get a pair of inna's with vit on em so you can change some of your gems to rubies. I guess you could maybe roll better on shoulders if you made vit shoulders with a high str roll and then you could go all rubies. But that is nitpicking, your !@#$ is good.
@Barbarian Unless you love that movement speed buff, consider dropping the Lacuni Prowlers for something with better str.

I really hope I can get some advice on what to upgrade next. I have decent survivability in MP10, but my DPS is really lacking, so it can take me almost 3 minutes just to kill a single elite pack. Also, high crit chance is vital because a lot of my skills proc on crit. Thanks in advance =]
N00ne

Several of your items could have more streangth (helm,chest) and a increase in crit damage.
@n00ne. Drop the full ik's set. Keep the chest and belt. Chest cuz its best in slot and belt bc lifesteal and 60 ar nice. Get better gloves, either cc and cd or as, just 2 out of 3. You can get 10% cc on gloves which is nice. Boots I would go either fire walkers or if you have the gold ice climbers.
@Noshi

Lacuni with CC

Also, you could use some more attack speed on your gear :)

Other than that, it look fine.

My profile on EU: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Wrannec-2216/hero/338977
@n00neimprtnt
If you are wanting to keep that IK set bonus, you could still improve those IK parts pretty significantly, boots, helm, belt for sure, you could probably bring your strength stat up by like a combined total of at least 300 more. You could also definitely get better IK gloves, with CD or IAS or something (haven't checked breakpoints on you, but you could figure out which is better for you).
I want to keep the IK set bonus because I use it in conjunction with Unforgiving and Animosity to regenerate enough Fury to sprint infinitely.

Will check out IK glove upgrades. Didn't know you could get them with IAS
@Evil!

I am guessing you PVP more maybe? If you PVE you need to change a lot of your gear unless you love to tank, If so good job on tank gear :)

Yes I like the more tanky barb standing in 3 desc piles and plauge while laughing at your enemy is always fun and I like to change out my 2nd mouse skill all the time depending on how I feel like playing that day so gives me a nice change up.

@n00neimprtnt I would say upgrade would have to be life so either life % of more vit to get over 45k health I would say and close to 50k which for WW seems to be what you wanna be at for higher MP.
@Evilreaper You have really good Life, but your DPS is lacking. This will help keep you from dying in higher MP, but unless you like fighting a single Elite for 5 whole minutes, you should try to focus more on DPS. You don't have to have ridiculous life to survive. I know I have relatively low life, but between my LoH, LS, and Rend + Bloodlust, I can easily survive any elite pack on MP3, and can even hold my weight in a party of 4 on MP10. My Life orb fluctuates like mad; usually I'm losing/regaining 15k-20k health multiple times...per second. You can be a tanky barb and not have a whole lot of life. I can stand in a patch of poison and desecration while Rending only 2 enemies. It's magnificent. I was up to 45k life for a while, but I traded it for higher DPS and thus more life steal. I'm die harder than ever before.

As for DPS, concentrate on attack speed, crit damage, and crit chance. I was skeptical about the critical stuff at first, but then I realized that the game averages it all out to give you your DPS value. Using a 1H, you have an advantage that 2H and dual-wielders don't have: shields can have crit chance as a property. Use this to your advantage
Edited by n00neimprtnt#1130 on 3/6/2013 7:41 AM PST
@ n00neimprtnt:

Your pants could use an upgrade - they have no AR! I recommend getting some Blackthorne's Joustin Mail pants with at least 50 AR and as much STR as you can afford.
@Evilreaper You have really good Life, but your DPS is lacking. This will help keep you from dying in higher MP, but unless you like fighting a single Elite for 5 whole minutes, you should try to focus more on DPS. You don't have to have ridiculous life to survive. I know I have relatively low life, but between my LoH, LS, and Rend + Bloodlust, I can easily survive any elite pack on MP3, and can even hold my weight in a party of 4 on MP10. My Life orb fluctuates like mad; usually I'm losing/regaining 15k-20k health multiple times...per second. You can be a tanky barb and not have a whole lot of life. I can stand in a patch of poison and desecration while Rending only 2 enemies. It's magnificent. I was up to 45k life for a while, but I traded it for higher DPS and thus more life steal. I'm die harder than ever before.

As for DPS, concentrate on attack speed, crit damage, and crit chance. I was skeptical about the critical stuff at first, but then I realized that the game averages it all out to give you your DPS value. Using a 1H, you have an advantage that 2H and dual-wielders don't have: shields can have crit chance as a property. Use this to your advantage

Yes the shield is one thing I am looking into for the added crit, however I like to throw OP KS in as my 2nd mouse click and along with revenge thats another 20% crit right there I get and I bounce up and down between 95 to 113k dps while farming so for having over 2mil EHP 100k dps does not seem to bad to me all though in long term I will get that even higher.

Just did another act 3 MP5 run and average champ goes down in under 40secs for this tank build melee ones even faster and killed Seigebreaker in under 2mins so while not the fastest works for me atm :)
@tiger

Your gear is awesome! I would say next upgrade would be trifecta amulet.
@Youngster Pretty cool barb i think easiest upgrade would be belt id say.
@G3N3S1S

I hear a crit mempo calling your name....
@ G3N3S1S

Your gear is good. I see that you have no str on bracers and maybe look for mempo with crit but thats getting into 200m range haha
@G3N3S1S

I hear a crit mempo calling your name....
Speaking of the devil XD same goes to you!......in all honesty tho b4 i buy a mempo ima try n get a better offhand....i like going from cheapest to ....next to impossible to afford ahaha
@tiger Actually I've got my eye on an Inna's pants in the AH right now. Believe me, my survivability is phenomenal right now. I'm mostly focusing on upping my DPS and movement speed without giving up any EHP. If I can get Inna's pants, that will be +12% movement on top of my +12% movement from my boots and +50% movement from my infinite Sprint setup. Another 20% while WotB is active, and if I could get a decent Lacuni Prowlers on top of that (yet another +12% movement), I'd be hauling !@# around Sanctuary.
Here's some food-for-thought: I can't find a single amulet on AH (including all possible socket combinations) that would raise both my DPS and EHP. I would appreciate if anyone could prove me wrong.

EDIT: Never mind. Found one. But it's 2 billion gold.
Edited by n00neimprtnt#1130 on 3/6/2013 9:07 AM PST
@ n00neimprtnt

There's a non-skills-based movement cap of 25%. I'm currently running a setup with 3 12% MS items, but really only two are giving me any advantage at all.

Sprint and WOTB allow you to go faster than the cap, but that's it. Innas pants are probably not for you: you can get so much more by way of stats by going with some very good Depth Diggers, for instance. Getting some crit/stat Lacunis will help you tremendously as well.

There are also PLENTY of amulets that are better on the AH. Yours does nearly nothing to help your EHP (beyond 5 AR via INT and 160 armor from STR), and there are plenty that can compete/increase DPS by itself.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]