Diablo® III

APoC why do we need so much?

Wow this seems really wrong lol, 10 is actually waaay overboard on anything more than 1 skinny target with 78.5% ET CC...wtf is going on lol? I dare to see how well it works on fatty Ghom...
Reply Quote
02/24/2013 11:01 PMPosted by MasterJay
Wow this seems really wrong lol, 10 is actually waaay overboard on anything more than 1 skinny target with 78.5% ET CC...wtf is going on lol? I dare to see how well it works on fatty Ghom...

You should try it yourself, vs Ghom it's even better because he is bigger than most yellow lol that's how this thread started, people tested vs Ghom and it's ridiculous xD
Reply Quote

You should try it yourself, vs Ghom it's even better because he is bigger than most yellow lol that's how this thread started, people tested vs Ghom and it's ridiculous xD

Yah lol just did, 60% of the time my arcane pool was 100% full...absurd!

Well this is good news for my 15 apoc end game I had planned anyway, I'll be super effective on singles still with slight problems on ranged (but that's basically any CM/WW) and if they change it back or find it a 'bug' no biggie, I still want 15 apoc vs 10 but now apoc chants force just won't be my priority spend
Edited by MasterJay#1651 on 2/24/2013 11:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
There is NO need for more than 10 APOC _IF_ you have about 60-65CC. I've been preaching this since I gave up my APOC source. It's given me about 18K DPS and I have NO NO NO APOC issues. ZIP. Forget the extra 5 APOC, get more CC and use 10. It's a beautiful thing...
Reply Quote
Or if you have Deep Freeze and can kill Yellow in under 12 sec after the trash dies, easy task. So imo don't even need "hard" 65 CC. Build runs well with <60 CC, just crazy when DF kicks in.
Reply Quote
Probably this changes are intended for other spec than SNS lol,

I noticed, with 20 APoC, i can run any spec, any skill without run out of AP like DIsintegrate, Arcane Orb, etc. (Ok, maybe not Meteor, but definitely better than before)
Reply Quote
ok at 9apoc
2.38 aps
54.50 crit and +6 twister
twister + meteor hybrid breaks down. Hybrid still prefers 2 sources of apoc.

But standard plays similar to a while ago. This apoc change might be older than 1.07.

Anyone have a gg crafting bracer roll they can link me? Want to see if i can go lower on aps and pickup dps.
Reply Quote
This apoc change might be older than 1.07.

Unless they hotfixed in late 1.06, I'm 100% sure it wasn't because I ran out of AP with 16 APoC before
Reply Quote
View profile
I tested a liquify metoer which stay for 8 sec on slow zombie and everything is double. 10 apoc is 20. 20 is 40 etc you can see it ez in globe.
Reply Quote
We need to delete this thread and keep quiet
Reply Quote
View profile
This is were it should be. Doesnt change cm spec whatsoever except for apoc. Cool downs and loh uneffected.

While at same time made other builds viable. Like meteor and disintegrate. Which had the procs nerfed so hard even 30 apoc and best metoer reductions gear couild not spam them post 1.0.5. we tried. only hybrid WW to feed worked.
Reply Quote
View profile
I should be happy... but why do I feel this uncertainty in the back of my mind? hehe.
If I splurge on a mempo now, who's to say I won't need an APOC force in the future?
Reply Quote
Yep it doesn't break the game like SC did, but it gives us more rooms for gear improvement. Should be like this from the beginning.

And yeah, I still keep my APoC Source in case everything is back to 1.06. It's a nice 250 dmg 10 APoC Source anyway, nerf-proof.
Edited by novice#1750 on 2/25/2013 2:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
This is were it should be. Doesnt change cm spec whatsoever except for apoc. Cool downs and loh uneffected.

While at same time made other builds viable. Like meteor and disintegrate. Which had the procs nerfed so hard even 30 apoc and best metoer reductions gear couild not spam them post 1.0.5. we tried. only hybrid WW to feed worked.

Le gasp! Build diversity!? For wizards!? Somebody pinch me
Reply Quote
^^ be happy, be very very happy
Reply Quote
View profile
Jay I'm not sure why you jumped up to crazy crit like that to test 10 compared to 20. Sorta clouds your testing changing two varibles. I had exactly 1 less crit putting on visage helm to see 10 apoc. It's like 20 apoc was in 1.0.5/6 on gohm. AP globe was up and down. Sufficient but not optimal same way I've always felt about 20 since nerf. Now? 20 is like globe always full even misplacing a few twisters,
Reply Quote
From the Ask the Devs thing:

We are looking at ways other than APoC for those Wizards with high attack speed to be able to sustain casting Arcane Power spenders for an extended period of time.

Maybe they were trying to figure out ways in-house (internal development testing) to make AP spenders more attractive, so they fooled around with doubling AP returns from APoC (since it would scale with both crit and IAS) just to see how it would play out in practice. Maybe they decided against this doubling of AP from APoC (maybe they thought it was too powerful, or maybe they found something they liked better), released the Ask the Devs thing where they said they wanted to do something that didn't involve APoC... but oops, the file they were using in-house for testing accidentally made it's way into the patch when they were compiling the files for it.
Reply Quote
Typical. Take 1.06 APoC mechanics. And then double it.
Reply Quote
hmm. just saw this thread.

this was something i already noticed in the ptr and posted about.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7593742392#8

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7909591133#1

I wouldn't do any gear changes like selling away apoc chant forces... if its a bug, it will be hotfixed by 1.08
Edited by chrisloup#6305 on 2/27/2013 12:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
i know it doesn't happen often they change something in favor of wiz ;)

but somehow it feels wrong

imo

if u want to use ww 9-10 apoc should be needed
if u want to add explosive blast 18-20 apoc
if u want to add meteor etc 27-30 apoc

curious if this gets fixed in future, won't downgrade my apoc atm

why there is no blue post, if this change was intended in 1.0.7 or another mistake?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]