Diablo® III

post-patch stats - dps+ / mitigation-

so with the nerf to rd in 1.0.7 a lot of cm wiz have been dropping mitigation in favor of more dps. What I'm wondering is, what are the new stats that you're finding work for you in regards to balancing dps / mitigation?

checking some profiles I'm seeing some cm wiz staying with the same mitigation, while others are dropping from 5k+ armor to as low as 3.8k armor (aph), and AR seems to be favored by most up to around 750/800.

With lots of new crafted items ive been testing different stat balances and have found that I'm comfortable dropping as low as 700 ar / 4.8k armor, 40k hp, 1200 LoH (same as pre-patch) and have hiked my dps up from 154k to 203k without any issues surviving rd. If I drop my mitigation any lower i tend to start to notice other tricky affixes are hurting too much.

last patch it seems the standard mitigation balance was around 750 ar / 5k armor. Just curious what new stat balances others are finding work for them and how low you can drop your mitigation and still facetank as comfortably as you did last patch.
Reply Quote
View profile
Thats about right bro. You know me ran as high as 6000 armor and 900 ar now with sns comfy @ like 4000 700 with exact same LOH as before and way more dps. Like went from 162 to 202.

Dont really see point in playing freeze build at all though. if nothing can kill you anymore its like arm wrestling my GF, no point.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 2/17/2013 11:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/17/2013 11:14 PMPosted by Aimless
if nothing can kill you anymore its like arm wrestling my GF,

@4500/710 My GF still pwns me, sniff
Reply Quote
Wouldn't say you can completely drop mitigation for DPS.

Still need it to withstand the hits from white mobs and arcane beams/plague etc. RD just not as big an issue anymore therefore gives us more of a green light to head towards more DPS.

I'd say still 700-900/4500-5500 would be stil the range for mitigation we should all aim to be in.

On 10, they still hit hard regardless RD or not, so we still need to take some hits.
Reply Quote
Still need it to withstand the hits from white mobs and arcane beams/plague etc. RD just not as big an issue anymore therefore gives us more of a green light to head towards more DPS.

I'd say still 700-900/4500-5500 would be stil the range for mitigation we should all aim to be in.

On 10, they still hit hard regardless RD or not, so we still need to take some hits.

agreed, I should have been more clear: i have yet to reach high enough dps where rd is even hurting me at all anymore, so what I mean by dropping mitigation for more dps is, how low are people finding they can drop their mitigation until other affixes like molten/plagued/arcane/elec become noticeably more difficult.

Ive been trying to keep my armor / ar as close to the same as before (840ar / 5.3k armor) while pushing dps but am finding that from 750-940 ar / 4.8k-5.3k armor the only difference is how lazy I can be (being able to stand in 2 desi stacks vs being able to stan in 3 desi stacks while arcane passes through lol), whereas dropping below 750 ar / 4.8k armor I start to notice things hurt quite a bit more and need to actively dodge things sometimes.
Reply Quote
With Unstable Anomaly, 700/4000 is very safe, you wont die...
Reply Quote
View profile
if nothing can kill you anymore its like arm wrestling my GF,

@4500/710 My GF still pwns me, sniff

Don't see how. What owns you? Reflect? Maybe you're lag. I have yet to die in MP10 with my old gear and started adding dps which means losing AR ARMOR. Went as low as 4000 718 in MP10 still couldnt die. IMO everything was nerfed but what we really needed all that AR ARMOR for was reflect combined with standing in damage (sentry/des/etc) And reflect nerfed so hard. Even standing in anything makes no diff.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 2/17/2013 11:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
"@4500/710 My GF still pwns me, sniff"

He means his G.F.... LOL
Reply Quote
02/17/2013 11:29 PMPosted by Aimless
What owns you?

A combination of Lazy,Arcane Beams,Plagued and Fast
Reply Quote
Not sure how you guys survive "very well" as some of you stated. I run with 800/4.6k in GC mode so I know I can't comfortable do MP 8. Ofc I can farm MP 8 with GC, but I don't like the feeling of being on the edge the whole time, it's something reserved for MP 10 only. I still like the old 1.06 mitigation, especially now Plague hits like a truck. Yeah I can move out of it, but then it's even more annoying than frozen because it's DoT so I have to avoid the spots with stacked Plagues the whole fight.

The RD nerf only means there is no DPS ceiling anymore, I still disagree that less mitigation is acceptable.
Reply Quote
View profile
02/17/2013 11:35 PMPosted by Comrade
What owns you?

A combination of Lazy,Arcane Beams,Plagued and Fast

hehe phal die more than me and i don't even freeze he blame lazy too. dont be lazy.
Reply Quote
I turned on glass cannon as soon as the patch dropped -- never taking it off unless I regear for less mitigation. :)
Reply Quote
02/17/2013 11:45 PMPosted by Darshu
I turned on glass cannon as soon as the patch dropped -- never taking it off unless I regear for less mitigation. :)

Funny because I turned it off after the patch hit lol.
Reply Quote
300k paper is the new 200k =)

Everyone seems to be 200k+ now
Reply Quote
View profile
I don't understand how you can turn off EVO unless you're 3. IME with best pings like <24ms they high heath E's can run. Gobs can run. Never been a GC fan.
Reply Quote
4000 718 in MP10 "still couldnt die"
Wtf aimless :) I do not share a similar sentiment and I have 1k more armor. I am a lot lazier though, hehe.
Reply Quote
Usually run scoundrel and sit around 66cc before deep freeze. Don't really feel the need to go all the way to 3aps. I'm geared towards more mitigation than I need, so rather than regear, GC lets me turn that armor and allres into dps.
Reply Quote
View profile
add me if i die even one time entire run ill pay you 100m if i dont u pay me 100m.

game is a joke
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 2/18/2013 12:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/17/2013 11:54 PMPosted by Darshu
GC lets me turn that armor and allres into dps.

Take it up one more and give up tele to turn that GC into more Loh with Bloodmagic
Reply Quote
No bet Aimless, that defeats the entire purpose (and I need to save to craft even more worthless amulets!) - if I worked really hard at it, i.e. always playing it safe and maintaining distance, teleport, etc. I think it'd be possible too :P But when flat out farming normally for speed and drops, I just don't have that feeling of 'can't die' esp on high-mp vota runs. Maybe I'm vision-impaired to those fire-ball throwing spider things. Not to mention ubers..
Edited by Carnac#1372 on 2/18/2013 12:06 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]