Diablo® III

post-patch stats - dps+ / mitigation-

02/17/2013 11:56 PMPosted by Comrade
GC lets me turn that armor and allres into dps.

Take it up one more and give up tele to turn that GC into more Loh with Bloodmagic

No. Teleport means faster runs for me, full stop. I've played with MW electrify/bloodmagic/Meteor/whatever and nothing competes with teleport in terms of efficiency and survival for me. Teleport means never dying unless I hit a massive lag spike or decide to sit around typing. With BW/BM if you hit a pack of Blazing Guardians with Frozen/Waller/Horde or get sucked in to vortex/molten/electrified you're in trouble.
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 12:07 AMPosted by Darshu
No. Teleport means faster runs for me, full stop

I keep porting into walls ha ha, I need more skillz.
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 12:07 AMPosted by Darshu

Take it up one more and give up tele to turn that GC into more Loh with Bloodmagic

No. Teleport means faster runs for me, full stop. I've played with MW electrify/bloodmagic/Meteor/whatever and nothing competes with teleport in terms of efficiency and survival for me. Teleport means never dying unless I hit a massive lag spike or decide to sit around typing. With BW/BM if you hit a pack of Blazing Guardians with Frozen/Waller/Horde or get sucked in to vortex/molten/electrified you're in trouble.

Have u tried it again lately?

With GC my defenses will be only 638/4000, MW/Blood Magic will let you run without any LoH (yup 0 LoH) even with this low on defense at 300k+ dps... tested in MP10 RD, Electrified, Poison...

Ofcourse i dont think it works for ubers, but who knows?
Reply Quote
Yeah I've tried it since patch... my primary concern now is mobility between elites and ability to reposition to keep packs grouped and deal with cc affixes.

I can make do without it and I've tried a ton of other skills in that slot, but I just can't find anything that works better for me than teleport.
Reply Quote
Yeah I've tried it since patch... my primary concern now is mobility between elites and ability to reposition to keep packs grouped and deal with cc affixes.

I can make do without it and I've tried a ton of other skills in that slot, but I just can't find anything that works better for me than teleport.

I understand what you mean, me too used to be Wormhole fan, its just lately i feel its ridiculously fast on exp gain with GC+MW+Deep Freeze combination in MP10 lol.
Reply Quote
02/17/2013 11:38 PMPosted by Aimless
hehe phal die more than me and i don't even freeze he blame lazy too.

psh we were grinding warrior's rest, mindless repetative fight over and over, and the worst that can happen is I die and have to walk 5 feet back to the fight.

There are just so many times where I see 3 molten exploding at once, and knowing I can only take 2 I think "well, I could move..or maybe ill just dodge one of the molten. let's find out. I tend to go the "lazy" route and just stand there when the worst that can happen is I die and res 5 feet away from the fight :P

Similar mentality when I charge face-first into a group of maniacs with frost nova on cooldown.."I bet I can dodge some of them and refresh the cooldown in time to freeze the rest before they all blow up..." Sometimes I charge in and die, amd sometimes I can refresh cooldowns in time to freeze them before they detonate.

02/17/2013 11:28 PMPosted by Fatamorgana
With Unstable Anomaly, 700/4000 is very safe, you wont die...

ah yes, i forgot to mention how great this passive is now. When running with anomaly i can charge into a certain death situation knowing that I in fact wont die. Running with this passive is probably the biggest "mitigation" upgrade for anyone once they're stats permit them to drop evocation.
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 01:34 AMPosted by Phal
hehe phal die more than me and i don't even freeze he blame lazy too.

psh we were grinding warrior's rest, mindless repetative fight over and over, and the worst that can happen is I die and have to walk 5 feet back to the fight.

There are just so many times where I see 3 molten exploding at once, and knowing I can only take 2 I think "well, I could move..or maybe ill just dodge one of the molten. let's find out. I tend to go the "lazy" route and just stand there when the worst that can happen is I die and res 5 feet away from the fight :P

Similar mentality when I charge face-first into a group of maniacs with frost nova on cooldown.."I bet I can dodge some of them and refresh the cooldown in time to freeze the rest before they all blow up..." Sometimes I charge in and die, amd sometimes I can refresh cooldowns in time to freeze them before they detonate.

With Unstable Anomaly, 700/4000 is very safe, you wont die...

ah yes, i forgot to mention how great this passive is now. When running with anomaly i can charge into a certain death situation knowing that I in fact wont die. Running with this passive is probably the biggest "mitigation" upgrade for anyone once they're stats permit them to drop evocation.

What sorts of stats you think when someone can drop evo? 52%cc unbuffed and 2.74 Bp is enough?
Reply Quote
my feeling is that u can drop mitigation but not ehp, so u still take the damage spikes in hits but not need to mitigate so much constant damage for loh to absorb it. So basically what ever mitigation u drop u gotta compensate with vit to keep that previous ehp.

That has been working golden for me, im at 4.2k armour 875 ar (925 physical), 45k hp and 900 loh. this with my 215k dps (225k vs elites) has allowed me to shave off like 10 mins in my mp8 runs.

Doing : skycrown,keeps3, keeps2, rakkis, fos and crater 2 in around 25 mins. best part is im getting around 1m xp/min with new changes. So its as efficent as mp2 archon for me xp wise.

im even thinking in dropping the 65 ar in my nats to go full blown trifecta, but only if i push my hp to 50+k hp.
Edited by ximae#1789 on 2/18/2013 1:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
What sorts of stats you think when someone can drop evo? 52%cc unbuffed and 2.74 Bp is enough?

Its when you reach 200ms+ ping breakpoints lol
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 01:49 AMPosted by Liquid

in my experience, I was able to drop evo comfortably when at 3 aps and 53-55cc

After dropping back down to 2.74 a[s and 55 cc i find that I need to use evocation.

I imagine 2.74 aps breakpoint can handle dropping evo if higher cc is achieved such as 60cc+ (but I havnt tested this first hand).
Reply Quote
Tbh I see no difference with or without Evo. But I see a big improvement in speed with GC, and I also die with GC.

So UA is winning.

My sentences are so connected.
Reply Quote
View profile
I actually increased my armor a little becouse I had good upgrade opportunity on Lacunis... 100 increase.

But no other upgrades so far from patch. Don't feel a need of changing anything...
Reply Quote
View profile
I'm with darshu. Wormhole is needed. Everytime i play without it I get raped. It's just too good mobility wise, offensively and defensibly.

People underestimate how valuable porting in center on three elites is on run times. They just don't move till they are dead as opposed to with something like MW as you approach they can spread then you're chasing singles sometimes negating any kind of boost MW gave IMO.
Reply Quote
You can kinda run to stack them together again, and that kind of situation doesn't happen too often. They usually run to you, or at least stay close enough to freeze. With teleport you need less footwork though.

And you must do something wrong if you get raped without Teleport. Well... it takes time to get used to I guess.
Reply Quote
add me if i die even one time entire run ill pay you 100m if i dont u pay me 100m.

game is a joke

I just want to see if you can survive MP10 and see if the game is a joke because I still die here and there. However, I don't think it has to do with my toon. I think I am not as good as you at playing the game.

Addictman talked about how good his toon is but he still died in MP10. Of course, he had his excuses.

We will run Act 3 and let's see how it goes.

As far as GC is concerned, I won't turn it on. I feel glassy even at my mitigation which seems to be in the range of 800AR and 4800 Armor with about 950LOH.

And I love Unstable Anomaly the best thing that happened to the patch 1.07.
Reply Quote
Yeah I like UA after a few runs with it. I think I will use it permanently hehe

Regarding the difficulty level of the game, my stats after GC are similar to yours, and I can't even survive MP 8 with 100% certainty, I even run Safe Passage. I guess it has nothing to do with my Wiz, but my connection. And with my full mitigation I can't take MP 10 with ease, still have to pay attention. So I don't know what people are doing with lower mitigation and lower LoH. This has nothing to do with stunlock tbh as you still have to take damage sometimes, a lot of times actually.
Reply Quote
with 175-200 ms evocation don't make any difference to me.
with 830 resist and 4900armor and 38k hp I do mp8 with UA , sometimes I died in mp9, anyway It's not efficient.
Reply Quote
View profile
Yeah thats what some ppl say. For others with good latency EVO makes huge difference. Without EVO singles move from where they belong, under your twisters procing, and they run to a different spot which means restarting/chasing. If cm can't keep them in one spot I can see subbing EVO for other things since you gotta chase anyway.

Easiest place to test is SB. If he picks you up even with evo then it may be worth substitution.

Another good place is diablo himself. If he spawns any clones it may be worth substitution.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 2/18/2013 6:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 06:49 AMPosted by Aimless
Easiest place to test is SB. If he picks you up even with evo then it may be worth substitution

You haven't heard the news? =) or is it back to 1.06 style again now
Reply Quote
SB picks you up even with two wizzes, one being 3.01 wiz. so evocation is not as effective as UA anymore.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]