Diablo® III

Overall Performance drop after 1.0.7

My computer is i7 3.4 quad 16 gigs ram GTX660Ti 2 gig I've been able to play the game with max settings vsync on as smooth as silk with no slowdown even when chaos is on the screen. Now even playing by myself i get slowdown when there is a bunch of stuff going on onscreen. I wouldn't say its unplayable by any means but its cleary not running like it did before. Since my computer specs have not changed and the only thing that has changed is im now running 1.0.7 its cleary something reguarding the patch. (also crossing the bridge in act 3 with 3 other people now is a joke, massive slowdown when before none at all.) anyone else notice anything?
Reply Quote
yea, after 1.07, my games started freezing and crashing my computer. I also notice the slow down when there's stuff on the screen. My comp isn't as nice as yours i5, 3.2ghz, 6gigs ram, gtx550ti, but i run it at lowest settings and I have similar problems.
Reply Quote
Same here. Ever since the new patch my game started lagging and slowing down. Very irritating. It ruins the gameplay. Is there a solution to this?
Reply Quote
Exactly the same situation for me as the OP.
Reply Quote
Same here especially at the bridge, 2500k 4.5g, 16gb 1866 ram, 2gb 7850 1125/5500 (latest 13.2 beta5)... Some people say turn down sound all the way to 32 bit, no help, still lag.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
Just wanted to chime in here that I am also experiencing these problems. My specs are 3570k, 16gb ram, 2gb 7850 with updated graphics drivers. I experience slowdown/crashing ever since the patch(1.0.7) came out. Something to note, I use a Samsung 830 SSD that Diablo 3 is installed on. No other applications/games are behaving the way D3 is though so I assume it is something client related, rather than our hardware. Would be nice to see if anyone in Blizzard has noticed these issues or not.
Reply Quote
I should also post my specs on this issue as well.

Asus G74s

core i7 2630QM
16GB Ram
Nvidia 560M w/3GB Ram
Windows 7 Home 64 Bit

Graphics with everything at max. Performance seems to be about half what is was immediately before the patch.
Reply Quote
Just had my first system freeze. This is the first time Diablo 3 has froze my system since release. I was farming the fields of misery, on MP1. I could still move the mouse, but could not alt tab out, or ctrl+alt+del out. Had to manually restart. I play with the sound turned down, so I cant say if the sound froze or not.
Reply Quote
Since the patch it slows down at times so bad to the point where it actually freezes for a few seconds and then goes back to normal. Something in 1.0.7 is making the game severely unplayable at times. How did this slip through the cracks before released. Simply Amazing. Blizzard, please get on this issue asap.
Reply Quote
Same issue here, I have three other friends I play with that are having the same performance issues after 1.0.7.
Reply Quote
I found this thread after experiencing the same issues since 1.0.7. Last night my ISP had reported issues so I put it down to that, but I've just tried playing and it's borderline unplayable. I was just going to put it down to my aging machine and wait for the new machine I'll be building next week. However the 2gb GTX295 I'm currently running hasn't shown any real issues until 1.0.7.
Reply Quote
Is there a way to directly report this issue to Blizzard?
Reply Quote
This is the way. This post has been on the first page about a day now, they clearly have seen it. I wish they would respond so we would know a hotfix or something is in the works.
Reply Quote
02/14/2013 10:53 PMPosted by Notorious
Maybe if so many people didn't endlessly whine for changes and updates, they wouldn't feel pressured to rush them, and we might get quality patches instead of rushed material to shut people up.

Maybe if the game was released the way it should have been, all those changes would not need to be made now.. just sayin'
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Bump for a blue response please.
Reply Quote
Yea I'm still getting problems with fps drops here and there too, like major skips. I go from 400fps down to like 2-3 for just long enough for it to kill me..... My specs are below, and I've got the game installed on raid 0 SSD's and my Lat hardly ever goes over 40ms.

CPU - i5 2500k Overclocked to 4.5ghz
Cooler - Corsair H80 Liquid Cooler
Case - Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced Blue Edition
Motherboard - Asus P8Z68-M Pro
Power Supply - Raidmax 730w
Graphics Card - Asus GTX680 4GB
Ram - 16GB Gskill Ripjaw 1600mhz
HDD - 1.5GB Seagate 7200rpm
SSD - 2x 120GB Gskill Phoenix III
Optical Drive - Sony Optiarc DVDRW
Fan Controller - NZXT Sentry 2
Fans - 1x 230mm Cooler Master, 9x Thermaltake 120mm
OS - Windows 7 64 bit SP1
Edited by Duah#1865 on 2/15/2013 5:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
I've been experiencing some slowdown as well (randomly dropping FPS), sound starts lagging, etc. No issues before 1.07.

Processor: AMD FX-4100 3.6GHz Quad Core
RAM: 8GB DDR3 1333
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6670 1GB
Reply Quote
Game just went to a crawl just standing in town, fps said 0 then froze FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER! what the **** is going on?? This patch is murdering this game!!!
Reply Quote
It NEVER fails.....game works for maybe 35 minutes of play time before the first freeze and I have not been able to play for longer since 1.0.7a. This is making it where I cannot even play this game, every second elite freezes my game, I lose my stacks and my game and have no choice but to end the process and start over......

PLEASE someone respond to this
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]