Diablo® III

What MP to choose for lvling after the patch

So after the patch should i stick with MP0-1 or should i go for as high as i can for leveling... Leave a comment below :D5r
Reply Quote
Go as high as you can without struggling. If you're dying alot, or it's taking you more than twice as long, drop down an MP level.

With the new patch, the huge EXP bonus + Bonus Loot makes going as high as you can reliably go your best option. MP0-1 is a thing of the past.
Reply Quote
Awesome thanks :D
Reply Quote
I like MP9 the most for solo/duo. MP10 is not worth the huge HP increase imo.
For 3 or 4 toons party, we go mp10 cuz at 4 ppl you melt everything :)

But basically, Fiendish said everything, nothing to add.
Reply Quote
this has been a great help if u guys wanna lvl together with me u can add me tho i cant go for high MP because i just came back to diablo
Reply Quote
i like mp5 for farming but for xp where speed is king i have to drop down to mp3. as has been said, any mp level that you can roll through is good, you dont' have to melt, takign a little extra time is not as bad as i used to be given that now we have big big bonuses to mp level xp and such
Reply Quote
the fastest xp grind is still MP0 no matter what
Reply Quote
Go as high as you can without struggling. If you're dying alot, or it's taking you more than twice as long, drop down an MP level.

With the new patch, the huge EXP bonus + Bonus Loot makes going as high as you can reliably go your best option. MP0-1 is a thing of the past.

The bonus loot was never enough to make higher MPs worthwhile, and that hasn't changed. The EXP bonus, while nice, still doesn't make up for the difference in time it takes. So all in all, the highest MP in which you can one hit things is still by far the best for both EXP and head, shoulders, and most of the torso above in terms of loot.
Reply Quote
02/15/2013 01:39 AMPosted by yems
This is true.

At least for me it is, mp0 conitinues to be best for xp/hr in my testing.
Reply Quote
02/15/2013 01:39 AMPosted by yems

106 agree, 107 disagree. IF you can one shot whole groups with blizzard/meteor then you are on the right MP. Just test yourself, if you were MP0-1 with blizzard before you will be at least Mp2-3 now.

(edit, because your DPS is too low, guys. That's when you're stuck in Mp0. Just the truth in the most not dickish way possible)
Edited by DethAxe#1328 on 2/15/2013 1:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
Maybe it's because I'm using CM/WW, but I'm leveling much faster now post-patch using CM/WW on MP 8-9 than when I was doing Blizzard/Hydra/Thunder Storm on MP 0-1

And the buffs to Blizzard won't make a difference to me on MP 0-1 because I 1-shotted everything as it is.
Edited by Fiendish#1925 on 2/15/2013 2:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
(edit, because your DPS is too low, guys. That's when you're stuck in Mp0. Just the truth in the most not dickish way possible)
Could be true, I can't test with gear I don't have, but have you time the runs and calculated xp/hr? At some point you obviously should be able to kill just as fast on higher mps.

I get 260k dps buffed currently and have timed it and found mp0 is still fastest for me (I actually get more xp with a signet ring and lower dps on mp0 though),
Edited by JackStraw#1836 on 2/15/2013 2:36 AM PST
Reply Quote

The bonus loot was never enough to make higher MPs worthwhile, and that hasn't changed. The EXP bonus, while nice, still doesn't make up for the difference in time it takes. So all in all, the highest MP in which you can one hit things is still by far the best for both EXP and head, shoulders, and most of the torso above in terms of loot.

oh man not this discussion again, the bonus item is massive in the highest mps and if u havent noticed that is because ur not doing them efficently.
Reply Quote
Not only do way more items drop, but you get a 25% MF bonus for each MP level that I believe stacks above the 300% player cap... so basically, you will find higher quality loot on higher MP levels, too.

With Hellfire Ring on both myself and my follower, and a Star Ruby in my helm, I'm pushing over 500% EXP bonus on MP 8, and I clear MP 8 quickly, so I see no reason to run MP 0. Plus, key drop rates are great at MP 8 and god awful at MP 0, so...

Oh yea, and boss drop rates for the new crafting plans are great at high MP's and awful at MP 0, too, for those that want the plans.
Reply Quote
I've been solo leveling at mp 8 and its pretty good
Reply Quote
I used to grind xp on mp1. It was a trade off because item drops at higher mp are better. Because you could move faster in mp1, the loss of bonus items was offset to some degree by just killing a much higher volume of mobs. I took this trade off because I (for no apparent reason) wanted to get more xp.

Now there is no reason to grind low mp ever if you can safely handle grinding in a higher mp.

Because xp has been bumped, you should take advantage of the bonus items available in higher mp.

That said, I really miss cheesy easy archon grinding in mp1. I actually have to play the game now.
Reply Quote
mp5 is best for XP and effective with my DPS
Edited by DevilHunter#6873 on 2/15/2013 9:25 AM PST
Reply Quote

oh man not this discussion again, the bonus item is massive in the highest mps and if u havent noticed that is because ur not doing them efficently.

Oh man, not this again, the bonus item is negligible on the highest MPS, only giving you one extra item despite their massive 10x health and not even working against all mobs.
Reply Quote
meh, im not gona argue over this every week, do as u please.

ill happily continue getting around 4 legs hr with massive xp in higher mps.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
I melt things in mp3 (blizzard will kill them while i move forward), so it's just as easy as mp0, but with 80% bonus experience. As long as you're killing mobs in a second or so, then that's the mp level you want to farm at.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]