Diablo® III

So what's the best DE farming route? Discuss

Is that with archon or cmwiz?
02/17/2013 12:42 PMPosted by Vikesfan353
Vota mp4..I've averaged 28 an hour over 5 hours of running....
Reply Quote
02/17/2013 12:42 PMPosted by Vikesfan353
Vota mp4..I've averaged 28 an hour over 5 hours of running....

This would require killing 127 elites/hour. Assuming 7 elites per Vault run, that means you'd be clearing the VOA 18 times an hour--3 1/3 minutes per clear.

That seems like a bit of an exaggeration.
Reply Quote
2 sns duo in vota for 6 hours last night on mp8. 78 and 86 de. I don't think it can be beat. Both over 10 legs too.
Edited by Veda#1190 on 2/17/2013 4:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/16/2013 07:20 PMPosted by Malakai
RE: VotA. It's the most number of elite mobs in such a small area. There are always at least 6 elite packs there, and sometimes there are like 9-10 (or seems like it anyhow). And you can clear it in under 5 minutes.

I believe the official number of elites in vota is 7-12.
Reply Quote
So, everyone thats running the VOTA, do you get 5 stack first or just clear the vault?
Reply Quote
Just clear the vault - stacks don't matter for DE.
Reply Quote
02/17/2013 04:51 PMPosted by Carnac
Just clear the vault - stacks don't matter for DE.

oh snippity snaps I read the notes wrong! This is great news!! Love this thread thanks folks.
Reply Quote
I also tried the Tower. Start at the checkpoint to Cydaea in lvl 2, run a cycle to the exit, skip all trash, all the way to waypoint lvl 1 and port to Tower of Damned 1, run cycle again. Repeat. Take like 3 min with around 5 elites each run. I'm pretty sure running low MP is more efficient, as low as MP 2 I still get average 2 DE per run. The nice thing is I can just run straight without thinking or any obstacle, only stop for Elites.
Reply Quote
VOA MP4, did 7 runs in 39 minutes and hit 62 elites. That's 1.6 elites per minute, 96 elites per hour--with an expected DE/hour of 21.0.

BUT, to achieve that I ran/wormholed past virtuallty all the trash and all the drops they might have left--in other words it isn't a Vault "clear" its really just screaming around the circle killing elites.

Edit: Actual DE was 18
Zero legendaries.
Edited by Ossian#1946 on 2/17/2013 5:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/17/2013 05:06 PMPosted by novice
I also tried the Tower. Start at the checkpoint to Cydaea in lvl 2, run a cycle to the exit, skip all trash, all the way to waypoint lvl 1 and port to Tower of Damned 1, run cycle again. Repeat. Take like 3 min with around 5 elites each run.

Novice, you are the bomb.

I ran two Tower cycles, and it was way faster for me than Vault. Of course, me back in Act 3 again. LOL. Sometimes I start at the end of Core checkpoint, run down to the waypoint to Damned 1, but I think Damned 1 and Cursed 1 are faster.

I'm so tired of VOTA.
Reply Quote
Warrior's Rest works for me. Boring as all hell but no NV to stack, fast repeats and you can even use archon as someone on here posted last week. Can't remember who though, sorry whoever you are. :)

How many essences do you get per hour?

20 or so, but that's with selling time, etc.
Edited by Zaksa#1312 on 2/17/2013 6:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
Core of arreat MP6 as SNS with wormhole

Due to the predictable nature of this map its pretty fast to TP all over the place, just stopping to kill elites, put some twisters on white packs and TP away.

Average run of 1m15s and 1 to 4 elites

9 -12 DE in 30 mins (too boring to do it for longer)

I have tried to do that with archon and save about 10s per run but you need to drop from MP6 to MP2
Reply Quote
Wait, Core can spawn 4 Elites?
Reply Quote
Yep

Its not usual but it happens, I got a double pack at the stairs to Azmodan.

As a side note this post

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6134583402

Shows Core of Arreat as the best elite/s zone in act 3
Edited by GreyMouser#2169 on 2/18/2013 8:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
I love the Core. I think it belongs in every single Act 3 run. So predictable.

I've gone back to running MP9 WR for essences, however. Didn't like the hit to Legendary drops the crazed 4-5 minute VOA run at MP4 was leading to.

Might switch it our to MP9 Core, though, for a change of pace. Shame the scorpions have such an appalling drop rate.
Reply Quote
I've tried both warrior's rest and vota.
In warrior's rest with archon on mp7 I can do around 4 runs in 5 minutes. That means 14 DE/h.
I tried sns with teleport on mp7 in vota and for some reason it seems slower but I have yet to do enough runs to prove this.
Reply Quote
The trick on VOTA is go to lower on MP and just run past everything--at least that's what I do. There are also a few places where you can TP across gaps and save running time.
Reply Quote
I've been doing warriors rest unless I get bored then VOTA. I think warriors rest is best tho.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]