Diablo® III

Sever Impale/Scatter Build

mp9-10 with your build im not sure, when i did mp7-10 with a sever its just tanking and gloom with echo blast and stun grenades, a calamity does a better job of that IMO.
Sever is really for something new a different to have fun but yet still effective.
Reply Quote
mp9-10 with your build im not sure, when i did mp7-10 with a sever its just tanking and gloom with echo blast and stun grenades, a calamity does a better job of that IMO.
Sever is really for something new a different to have fun but yet still effective.

Thanks. I guess the only way is to get a sever plus shield and test it out. Miss those tanking grenades dsya LOL
Reply Quote
Played a lot last night, with my current gear setup I found that APS and straight damage is huge with the Sever. I lost some CC and CD, but my numbers went up.

What this relates to is why socket with a Ruby instead of an Emerald. All white damage numbers are over 100k, normal crits are at 600k, elites are 800k. I saw many 9 digit crits last night.
Reply Quote
Nice to see the responses about the sever, funny if we would see the sever go up in value ha.

nothing beat killing an elite, that your not even shooting at and gets one shotted.
Reply Quote
Sever has made me have a combined 5 hours of sleep in last 2 nights. Its nice to be able to run high mp's without dieing all the time.
Reply Quote
im going to try to do a hybrid build of razor disks and impale over-penetration later tonight and see how that goes.
Reply Quote
I would think a cull the weak build like this would be very effective:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#UZYdRQ!Xcf!ZccZbc

I actually found a 1k dps sever with a socket the other day, so I might have to give this a try :)
Reply Quote
If I did that build i have no room for caltrops. Its a lot easier if you gear your scoundrel with the cold snare SOJ and freeze on hit, IIRC cull of the weak works when your scoundrel is snaring, you can look at my profile to see the build if you dont know about it. I like my enchantress a lot more, summons demonic slave, armor and IAS+, a lot more survivability. However i do go to my scoundrel everyone and then.
Reply Quote
One thing we should try today- Thrill of the Hunt passive- I imagine it will be helpful to root enemies within the range of the marked one.
Reply Quote
Hmm thrill of the hunt might actually work if I went to like mp4-5, mp3 i already kill thing cery fast. Ill try it on mp3 and switch out grenadier passive.
Reply Quote
I believe if you are using Chakram then Thrill of the Hunt will root all targets hit by it when you have the buff.
Reply Quote
that could be something cool to try. I might give that a shot tonight.
Reply Quote
I like a cold dmg + atk speed dagger on my Templar with Intimidate skill... it helps keep CotW up. works especially well with the dash+stun skill that the Templar does....

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/follower/templar/skill/intimidate
Edited by Enavro#1878 on 2/20/2013 2:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
this is awesome, I love to see new builds! It would kick major !@# if we could equip a 1H Xbox + Sword, Calamity on main hand and sever on offhand, that would kick so much $%^ :D (and probably look cool as hell)
Reply Quote
lol if we could do a sword and a calamity i think you could call that OP if it were a sever in off hand.

Has anyone tried dueling with a sever? Will the tactic work in there...say you kill a WD?
Edited by DaRkCroNo#1494 on 2/20/2013 6:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
I don't get it. What's so good about the sever? The slain enemy rest is peace? what does that even mean?
Reply Quote
Read my first post....but here is a short summary

"incase you don't know how the build works. Sever does a massive damage when they die from 20mil-90mil on my build. Grim reaper divides that attack to the enemies in the marked area/20 yrd radius of the marked mob"

So i get to see white number ranging 1-5mil. Sometimes i see 500-1mil. You can kill elites in almost 1 shot or kill them without even hitting them directly.
Reply Quote
Read my first post....but here is a short summary

"incase you don't know how the build works. Sever does a massive damage when they die from 20mil-90mil on my build. Grim reaper divides that attack to the enemies in the marked area/20 yrd radius of the marked mob"

So i get to see white number ranging 1-5mil. Sometimes i see 500-1mil. You can kill elites in almost 1 shot or kill them without even hitting them directly.

ah! thank you for re explaining. I read it the first time but some how brain farted.
Reply Quote
Best. Build. Evar.
Reply Quote
Can we get a video of this being utilized more efficiently? I honestly tried to make it work in MP7, but my spiketraps/sentry/MFD-Valley of Death works better.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]