Diablo® III

Sever Impale/Scatter Build

I'm gonna try to make a video, sorry, passed out last night
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 06:52 PMPosted by solo88
I don't get it. What's so good about the sever? The slain enemy rest is peace? what does that even mean?

Rest in pieces* ;P
Reply Quote
Has anyone tried dueling with a sever? Will the tactic work in there...say you kill a WD?

hmm, it may be a great counter to WD pets
Reply Quote
Guess I never thought of that, dueling this could be very effective.
Reply Quote
Tried doing it last night, almost seems impractical to do, but i dont have any pvp gear so that might be why it wasn't working out for me. Stacking vit/life%, armor, L/sec etc was really troubling for me with current gear. It seems that this would be the best tactic vs a WD or a WIZ with illusionist.

If someone does this in pvp....post it up!!!

i forgot i have my friends account too who is a WD, ill see how this work out.

Update
So the deathblow doesnt work in pvp, it doesn't show the big crit when you kill anything.....oh well =\
Edited by DaRkCroNo#1494 on 2/21/2013 10:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
Tried doing it last night, almost seems impractical to do, but i dont have any pvp gear so that might be why it wasn't working out for me. Stacking vit/life%, armor, L/sec etc was really troubling for me with current gear. It seems that this would be the best tactic vs a WD or a WIZ with illusionist.

If someone does this in pvp....post it up!!!

i forgot i have my friends account too who is a WD, ill see how this work out.

Update
So the deathblow doesnt work in pvp, it doesn't show the big crit when you kill anything.....oh well =\

They probably took it out to make sure it wasn't OP for PVP.
Reply Quote
02/21/2013 09:49 AMPosted by DaRkCroNo

damn... I was hoping this would work =/

I bought a cheap sever and shield and tried this. It really gimped my DPS not having a socket on weapon, 20% IAS from DML, I went from 107k DPS to 57k. Played a little on MP0, using M4D grim reaper, impale overpenetration, vault, SP night bane (the hatred regen rune), bat and stun grenades. This is my impression of the build:

I loved the way stuff just melts when you kill the marked monster, its really fun. It does take a while to get used to the build, and maximing efficiency. A few times I was losing the marked guy in the middle of the fight, or marking high def/HP monsters instead of weak ones.

The main issue, however, is that its not cheap to gear for it.I know that I bought a cheap sever (i paid 350k for the sever + shield), but high DPS + sockets one are way out of my budget. Another thing, -impale gear will really help

In terms of efficiency, if I could get my DPS to 100k at least, I think should be about the same as a cookie-cutter build. At least, in MP0 I was one shotting a lot of stuff, and with M4D impale turned in a great AOE skill.However, I can see how this build might struggle in higher MP (like 6 or higher), because you need to kill stuff quickly so the build will work.

Just thought, has anyone tried -chakram gear? I mean, with two -5 chakram cost gear, you can spam it for free, and its achievable on nats chest/mara´s/SoJ. Some runes deal about the same weapon damage as impale, I think this could work. (e.g. chakram boomerang 230% weapon damage, impale no rune 265% weapon damage)
Reply Quote
@SpartanDavid

Check out my build. I can run all MP. Chakram is free and it's got tons of AoE.
Reply Quote
the chakram build can go all the way up to mp10 if you choose, depending your your gear.

My original build can only go up to mp3, but im satisfied with that. I have a calamity for high mp.

If the whole pvp thing did work a lot of people would be like WTF....imagine marking someone having a barb, WD, and a monk melee each other in the 20yd radius and then you get the killing blow...lol, now that would just be to funny...and then QQ, then nerf.
Edited by DaRkCroNo#1494 on 2/21/2013 11:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
Boomerang Chakram has limited range and its firing pattern is weird. If it fired straight out and straight back it would be king.
Reply Quote
razordisk is the best choice for chakram imo
Reply Quote
Razor Disk shoots straight out then starts swirling.
Reply Quote
View profile
Considered Sticky Trap?
Reply Quote
i actually tried sticky traps, i didnt see any benefit, scatter just seemed a better choice overall.

Sticky traps should be a huge radius blast like Volatile explosives Bola
Edited by DaRkCroNo#1494 on 2/21/2013 1:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
i actually tried sticky traps, i didnt see any benefit, scatter just seemed a better choice overall.

Sticky traps should be a huge radius blast like Volatile explosives Bola

I agree that the radius needs to be larger. It should be even larger than Volatile.
Reply Quote
I tested this build too, with chakrams, garanades and inpale skills, but i found it useless. Dont be fooled, high crits displayed upon the death are more for a fun then to make our class supreme in dmg :)
Reply Quote
02/21/2013 02:14 PMPosted by Pariah
I tested this build too, with chakrams, garanades and inpale skills, but i found it useless. Dont be fooled, high crits displayed upon the death are more for a fun then to make our class supreme in dmg :)

Found it useless? How is that? 600k crits normal, that's pretty good, then on top of that, killing blows in the millions with 20 yards AoE that spreads to all targets within that 20 yards.

I would guess it just doesn't suit your play style.
Reply Quote
02/21/2013 02:14 PMPosted by Pariah

You're doing it wrong.
Reply Quote
ill agree my build is just for fun but still very effective, not in any way gimmicky. Just spreading the word that once you hit 100 you really do get bored of certain playstyles. this is something for fun but a great way to farm lower mps.

As far as the chakram build like Radelon its definatley not useless...
Reply Quote
combine this with monk exploding palm and cyclone strike in a party?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]