Diablo® III

Sever Impale/Scatter Build

huh?

explain
Reply Quote
monk's cyclone strike keeps them bunched together around the marked enemy, so when sever last hit triggers it hurts more enemies. also marking the target with exploding palm:essence burn, when they die also deals 50% of the dead enemy's life as damage to all enemies around it. Essence burn will also transfer the exploding palm property to the enemies if they don't die.

i'm thinking this would be good for group of monks/DHs all using severs at higher mp.

originally bought a sever to try the DH sever build...going to try it on my monk first with exploding palm.
Reply Quote
the monk can actually mark anything within the MFD radius

Darkcrono, add me you like and we can try to see if we can get this to work
Reply Quote
Can I add you guys to see how it works ?
Reply Quote
Keep up the great thinking!
Love threads like these.
Reply Quote
I thought this thread died lol.

Ill add ya Dino. Very interesting.
Reply Quote
02/28/2013 11:48 AMPosted by DaRkCroNo
I thought this thread died lol.

corpse explosion this thread?
Reply Quote
Corpse explosion....sure lol
Reply Quote
So, I tried this build, but it definitely works better in a team game with a dedicated tank.
Solo in higher MP's results in mobs overwhelming me, and usually I can't even hit the damn marked target with most attacks, (bola and overpenetration being the exceptions).
And, lower MP's, this is pretty much overkill, so higher MP's is exactly where this build should ideally shine.
Reply Quote
I haven't gotten a group to actually test out the build. I just assumed it wouldnt cuz I would have to get the killing blow. Vs other possibly killing the marked target. Mp3 was the best result I had solo wise with my build. Did you try me build or redelons build?? Redelons build can move up in higher mp.
Reply Quote
castablanca...add me if you like to...2 marked enemies would be even better.
abyseraphim..add me too...but we are still testing...not sure if it will work

I really need an LS OS EF but i'll make do with the LS from the WKL for this test/practice. I usually tank anything with a full group less than mp9 but my damage will be gimped.

the only issue i see is against bosses or elites (with no white mobs around).

I won't be on until 7-8 pm pacific.
Reply Quote
group play with all severs would work on the marked target!
Reply Quote
Hmm 3 dh sever build and a tank hmm....lol it might work actually. What mp? Redelons should be here to test out too.
Reply Quote
i think you said earlier...mp3 solo was your max....so let's try mp3 full group. if too easy..we keep trying higher mp.

Another cyclone strike monk would be good too in a group. lots of possibilities! if this works, we need to combine together to write a guide.
Reply Quote
I really need an LS OS EF but i'll make do with the LS from the WKL for this test/practice. I usually tank anything with a full group less than mp9 but my damage will be gimped.

I'm so confused... echoing fury? on demon hunter? then... sever goes where?...
02/28/2013 04:21 PMPosted by Dino
castablanca...add me if you like to...2 marked enemies would be even better.

sure. but, i'm gonna play with regular marked for death setup (manticore echoing blast).
Reply Quote
castablanca...i'm playing monk..dual wield sever and won khim lau. If i had the right EF, i would replace the WKL.

DH will MFD, i will cyclone strike to keep the enemies close to the MFD enemy while damaging... near end of the life of enemies I will use exploding palm. With sever's last hit from either DH or monk...bunched enemies will take a ton of damage..if the exploding palm marked enemy also dies...it will also trigger and kill more enemies around. Basically a double chained AOE

at low MP, exploding palm will probably not be neccessary...at higher MP..exploding palm will do a ton of damage once it triggers.
Edited by Dino#1642 on 2/28/2013 5:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
i'm playing monk..dual wield sever and won khim lau. If i had the right EF, i would replace the WKL.

DH will MFD, i will cyclone strike to keep the enemies close to the MFD enemy while damaging... near end of the life of enemies I will use exploding palm. With sever's last hit from either DH or monk...bunched enemies will take a ton of damage..if the exploding palm marked enemy also dies...it will also trigger and kill more enemies around. Basically a double chained AOE

at low MP, exploding palm will probably not be neccessary...at higher MP..exploding palm will do a ton of damage once it triggers.

FRICKIN AWESOME.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]