Diablo® III

Sever Impale/Scatter Build

this remotely intrigues me as this was the basis of my interest in acquiring a 1200+ dps calamity with a socket.

Redelons' build is no longer on his profile from what I saw.

I'm intrigued to see what the actual build looks like and what its damage potential is at MP5+ in a group with a dedicated tank.

If the build looks solid I'd be down to try it with you.
Reply Quote
My build is still there!!!! Just used it MP7 last night. Made a few tweaks to it. It's very powerful, just need to put Echoing Blast as Primary Mouse and MfD as a key.
Reply Quote
M1: Spike Traps: Echoing Blast
M2. Chakram: Razor Disk
B1: Shadow Power: Gloom
B2: Preparation: Focused Mind
B3: Sentry: Guardian Sentry
B4: Marked for Death: Grim Reaper

Passives: Steady Aim, Perfectionist, Nightstalker

Believe me, I was on MP7 and just decimating everything. White mobs were like 2 seconds to die. Elites maybe 15-30 seconds. Key is to pop Sentry, then Gloom, then prep, then Spike Trap, mark the closest enemy to the trap, while spamming Razor Disk. Keep gloom up and replace traps as they expire, always mark new targets.

The amount of damage I was doing was just sick, it looked like I was a Barb with numbers flying all over the place. I was just amazed myself.
Reply Quote
View profile
03/01/2013 06:45 AMPosted by Radelon
Key is to pop Sentry, then Gloom, then prep, then Spike Trap,

Why Prep??
Reply Quote
Focused mind to sustain disc for gloom.
Reply Quote
View profile
03/01/2013 09:00 AMPosted by Radelon
Focused mind to sustain disc for gloom.

i see. makes sense.
Reply Quote
radelon was that mp7 solo or group?

I couldn't play long last night but i did figure out my monk with sever can tank mp7 (full group) without much trouble. I think DH MFD with monk EP/CS will work, might even have to try mp8-9.

if using spike traps, i will bunch MFD+enemies on the trap. will be on a lot this weekend!
Edited by Dino#1642 on 3/1/2013 9:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
Solo without a follower even. Been going without a follower all the time lately. In group its even easier.
Reply Quote
Wish I could be on a lot this weekend but of course I'm moving. If u target the MFD to where they r on the trap its just crits galore
Reply Quote
okay, i'll do some testing with castablanca/darkcronos and push the mp as high as possible.

i'm thinking high mp group play, with all severs causing chain reactions from MFD/EP.
Reply Quote
Works great in group play.... MFD plays well with others.
Reply Quote
M1: Spike Traps: Echoing Blast
M2. Chakram: Razor Disk
B1: Shadow Power: Gloom
B2: Preparation: Focused Mind
B3: Sentry: Guardian Sentry
B4: Marked for Death: Grim Reaper

Passives: Steady Aim, Perfectionist, Nightstalker

Believe me, I was on MP7 and just decimating everything. White mobs were like 2 seconds to die. Elites maybe 15-30 seconds. Key is to pop Sentry, then Gloom, then prep, then Spike Trap, mark the closest enemy to the trap, while spamming Razor Disk. Keep gloom up and replace traps as they expire, always mark new targets.

The amount of damage I was doing was just sick, it looked like I was a Barb with numbers flying all over the place. I was just amazed myself.

really want to try this!

what was the original dps on the weapon before you put in the ruby? looking to get one from the Ah and not sure what to get.

thx great work!
Reply Quote
View profile
03/01/2013 10:30 AMPosted by TIESTO
looking to get one from the Ah and not sure what to get.

I would go for the 40% Weapon damage Sever's as that boosts the Ruby the most.
Also, a perfect 25/25% bonus to demons is nice too.
Reply Quote
I think mine was a 1126 dps, I just sold an 1109 dps on ah.

If you wanna know the calculation that works with knowing what a ruby will give:

160 x 1.40 (weapon damage %) = 224

Now take the min and the max values from the range and add (224) to both of them.

Add the new min and max values.

Divide that by 2.

Multiply by APS (1.4) and that's your final dps.

1126 dps
533 min - 1075 max
With Marquis Ruby (757 min - 1299 max)
Average is 1028
Multiply by 1.4 = 1439 dps

A 313 dps increase on the Sever
Reply Quote
awesome thanks guys!!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]