Diablo® III

1 gold from vendoring Demonic Essence? (corrected)

Really? 1 gold? Would be nice if it were more like 2k (dreaming of 10k).

But geez if you don't need to use them, why make them completely valueless? I already have 98 of these in my stash after 1 week and crafting about 100 things which I will not try much to beat.

By the end of the month, I'll probably have 1k of these things. I wish I could sell 500 of them to get a little bit of gold to craft with the other 500.

In short, there will be no point to picking these up in a very very short time span. Not like after you've crafted a > 95th percentile item for a slot you'll be dying to pour another 10m into the sink for the chance of an upgrade. At that time it's back to the AH to search for perfection, which isn't cheap.

Oh well, I stlil enjoy the crafting. Just would be awesome if I could trade them in for a little bit more than 1g
Edited by Ourumov#1885 on 2/20/2013 11:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6893720156?page=2#37

After this post, I stopped trying to understand...
Reply Quote
Do you pick up white and grey gear still?

Leave essences on the ground along with blues, most yellows, crappy legendary's and whatever else players don't pick up regularly.
Reply Quote
Do you pick up white and grey gear still?

Leave essences on the ground along with blues, most yellows, crappy legendary's and whatever else players don't pick up regularly.

This. Why complain about something you can simply ignore? If you already crafted a 100 items and have another 100 unused essences and working toward a 1000 of them, you probably don't need the extra gold to begin with.

I on the other hand, still greatly need them.
Reply Quote
View profile
02/19/2013 04:18 PMPosted by Ourumov
By the end of the month, I'll probably have 1k of these things. I wish I could sell 500 of them to get a little bit of gold to craft with the other 500.

This is why Boa's are ruining the economy. This is a trading/farming game. In a month. everyone will be like where did my gold go. Then they will farm to try and find something to sell on the AH well good luck with that. So its just more worthless Boa's and Boa mats. Can't wait for the collapse. So the people that know the economy in the game can be like. I told you so. Boa's are just bad.
Reply Quote
they should be worth 3-4k each to vendor. It give you a way to create gold to craft more.
Reply Quote
Keep the essences for future crafting endeavors. Chances are they'll add more recipes (possibly even weapons) after the success of the new concept. Though, this is only short-term success. We'll have to see in the long-term.
Reply Quote
View profile
02/19/2013 09:09 PMPosted by Krankenstien
they should be worth 3-4k each to vendor. It give you a way to create gold to craft more

Don't you see the problem. There lol. This isn't Craftiablo 3. This is a farming game to find items and sell them or trade to players for gold. Not sell mats lol. How boring and tedious do you want this game.

02/19/2013 10:03 PMPosted by Jortalus
Keep the essences for future crafting endeavors. Chances are they'll add more recipes (possibly even weapons) after the success of the new concept. Though, this is only short-term success. We'll have to see in the long-term.

Lol if they add weapons then there would go a lot more players to quit. Boa's ruin farming. Sigh. Crafting isn't a success. If you could trade what you craft then it be a success. Don't you see all the post of players complaining about Boa's and how they never wanted it to go live. I hardly call this a success. When crafting something that cant' be traded in a game that is based on farming. There will be a problem with the longevity of the game in general.
Edited by Abomb247#1301 on 2/19/2013 11:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6893720156?page=2#37

After this post, I stopped trying to understand...

^ you win the interwebs
Reply Quote
You guys and girls understand the function of a gold sink right?
Reply Quote
View profile
02/19/2013 09:25 PMPosted by mikeab7925
what would be the harm in removing the account bind from DE? i see a purpose in the gear but the materials.

To me it's the exact opposite - I love that the mats are BOA since it forces you to play in order to craft. If I could buy DE's I would just go onto the AH right now and buy 100+ and then craft away without ever having to play. What would be the poitn?

DE being BOA is genius and great.

Whether the items you craft should be BOA or not is debatable however.
Reply Quote
they are worth so little cause they drop very often and they stack, like gems.
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 10:54 AMPosted by newlife
they are worth so little cause they drop very often and they stack, like gems.

They drop far less frequent than gems. And gems sell for 62g, or 12k on the AH.

I'm not trying to be anti-crafting here. Plenty of threads on that. I'd just like to still say, oh well at least I've collected 1k essences that I can sell for a couple 100k (or maybe a mil or so). Let me sell 80% of them to get gold for more crafting.

I also updated the title.. I didn't realize I was looking at a stack of 20. It's 1 gold, not 20. ONE gold man.. 1!!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]