Diablo® III

*******TELEPORT & FORCE ARMOR ARE BROKEN********<pvp>

(Locked)

(Force armor is actually broken which breaks illusionist, time warp, teleport, mirror image)

If you allow force armor to cap all attacks at 30% the wizard is strong in pvp. No more QQ.

By definition a teleport defies both space and time. Why do trees, grave stones, walls, rocks, etc stop you dead in your tracks? By allowing us to actually teleport through things the wizard is improved. I understand that initially you probably didn't want us to tele through walls bc we could exploit packs. But let's be honest, people melt packs in under 3 seconds now...

Illusionist sounds like a good idea. Teleport is reset after a 15% dmg attack. Sounds reasonable. Especially if force armor worked. If force armor legitimately capped all attacks at 30% or whatever it is this opens a lot of doors... Wizards can focus on low HP high life regen builds with force armor and teleport.

There are a lot of ways you guys can fix this problem. I honestly think by fixing force armor in pvp it fixes teleport by default.

(Force armor currently only works if the attack doesn't one shot you I believe)
Edited by JWNZ#1466 on 2/20/2013 9:32 AM PST
Yea I never understood why I can't teleport anywhere I want in this game with a wiz. That's NOT teleporting. I guess a wizard isn't as powerful as a sorceress?
Edited by KainDraven#1803 on 2/20/2013 8:45 AM PST
you know like how the little blue monster from xmen can't teleport into where he can't see? =P
Just be glad Wizards can teleport through Waller walls. :P
I mostly only get annoyed at teleport when I'm playing with a Demon Hunter and they can vault around corners that I get stuck on when teleporting... .. .. .
I honestly think it is a change that they will consider, we just need people bringing the topic up. I don't know how big of a coding issue that is (allowing teleport to go through objects) but I would assume that isn't a big deal at all..
I agree.. Vault, smoke screen, spirit vessel all feel more powerful than teleport.... Tele should be a skill a wizard can use any time the want... No cool down and through objects. That is what makes a wizard powerful.
As a primary wizard user now and a with a newly adopted right click I have to agree with you on the wall business.

It's probably the biggest hindrance to the further utilization of the skill and some form of improvement would be greatly appreciated.

I still enjoy the skill to an extent of course..I'm no fool to do what I hate, but I'd imagine we'd see many more users of teleport and less insistence on run speed if it were made more viable.
Glad to see the support. I honestly don't see how anyone could be opposed to this change. Even people that use other classes agree that wizards are UP (especially in pvp).

What about pvp runes that you unlock based on wins, or even when you reach paragon 100?
Tele should be turned into an AP spender, with low cost and Nocooldown, but with an upkeep that makes you impossible to spam it indefinetely.
sometimes I wish one of the rune is just teleport to a random spot in sight
If only there was a passive for the wizard that automatically resets the Teleport cooldown when you take 15%+ damage in one shot.
02/20/2013 09:03 AMPosted by KhalARon
If only there was a passive for the wizard that automatically resets the Teleport cooldown when you take 15%+ damage in one shot.

Illusionist sounds like a good idea in theory but the problem is there is no such thing as an attack that only takes 15% of your HP in pvp. Even if you use force armor the attacks are too strong. Even if you have 1 million EHP.

Teleport should be used as an offensive skill not just defensive. If you get hit its too late.

Also, even if you can teleport freely that doesn't explain why you can't tele through objects.
Edited by JWNZ#1466 on 2/20/2013 9:10 AM PST
02/20/2013 09:03 AMPosted by KhalARon

Not really the issue though, because you already can spam attacks for quick refresh as well..

What about when nothing is around?
Edited by BigL#1371 on 2/20/2013 9:07 AM PST
*******TELEPORT IS BROKEN********

Teleport isn't broken because you can't teleport through walls. It's broken because its' cooldown is far too restrictive.

Teleport should be redesigned.

- Teleport cooldown removed. Arcane Power cost increased from 15 to 45.
- Wormhole Rune now gives "Spatial Resistance" a buff that lasts 2 seconds that reduces the arcane power cost of teleport to 30. Recasting teleport will refresh the buff.
- Reversal removes the arcane power cost of teleport and increases the cooldown to 8 seconds while retaining the effect of Reversal.
- Any item changing teleport properties now instead reduces the arcane power cost by 5.
- Calamity and Fracture runes will not need an internal cooldown due to decoys replacing decoys and low power wave of force is comparable to a dashing strike.
- Illusionist passive now resets the cooldown of mirror image and allows the next teleport to cost no arcane power whenever taking 15% or more damage from an attack. This effect lasts for 6 seconds or until a mirror image or teleport is cast.
Edited by Zinqf#1619 on 2/20/2013 9:16 AM PST
I think if they fixed force armor so that in PvP it capped any and all attacks at 30% it would fix teleport and all of a sudden the wizard is back.
02/20/2013 09:05 AMPosted by JWNZ
Teleport should be used as an offensive skill not just defensive. If you get hit its too late.

I use it offensively all the time. I switched to Improved Archon yesterday, but I used to run Arcane Destruction. Teleport into a mob, press 3, and BOOM.

Also, critical hits will shorten cooldown times across the board (including Teleport), in addition to the Illusionist passive.

02/20/2013 09:05 AMPosted by JWNZ
Also, even if you can teleport freely that doesn't explain why you can't tele through objects.

That would make the game too easy. Teleporting in the right spot in A3 Keep will take monsters 10 seconds to catch up with you. Not many classes have that luxury.
I'm talking about pvp. It works fine in the keep depths :)
02/20/2013 09:23 AMPosted by JWNZ

They prefer teleport to be restricted to the same annoyances that blink in WoW has. Um, except for that whole "falling through the world" thing.
02/20/2013 09:23 AMPosted by JWNZ

So you want to be able to Teleport in close, hit Frost Nova, deal DPS, and run?

That doesn't sound like much fun for my Monk or DH. That only sounds fun for my Wizard.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]