Diablo® III

*******TELEPORT & FORCE ARMOR ARE BROKEN********<pvp>

(Locked)

02/20/2013 09:14 AMPosted by Zinqf
*******TELEPORT IS BROKEN********

Teleport isn't broken because you can't teleport through walls. It's broken because its' cooldown is far too restrictive.

Teleport should be redesigned.

- Teleport cooldown removed. Arcane Power cost increased from 15 to 45.
- Wormhole Rune now gives "Spatial Resistance" a buff that lasts 2 seconds that reduces the arcane power cost of teleport to 30. Recasting teleport will refresh the buff.
- Reversal removes the arcane power cost of teleport and increases the cooldown to 8 seconds while retaining the effect of Reversal.
- Any item changing teleport properties now instead reduces the arcane power cost by 5.9
- Calamity and Fracture runes will not need an internal cooldown due to decoys replacing decoys and low power wave of force is comparable to a dashing strike.
- Illusionist passive now resets the cooldown of mirror image and allows the next teleport to cost no arcane power whenever taking 15% or more damage from an attack. This effect lasts for 6 seconds or until a mirror image or teleport is cast.

I like your idea except the cost of of using the skill. What if you teleport into a crowd of mobs and used up all your arcane power with that move?? 45 is too much of a cost.that means we can really only use it twice.
the inception is here:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7392739663?page=1
I don't even care about teleport for PvE it works fine. Critical mass basically makes teleport work anytime you want. If force armor is fixed it works in pvp. Make the force armor nerf only apply to PvE. That should be an easy fix.
I like your idea except the cost of of using the skill. What if you teleport into a crowd of mobs and used up all your arcane power with that move?? 45 is too much of a cost.that means we can really only use it twice.

You underestimate Arcane Power regeneration, Arcane Power reduction of skills and synergy with things such as Prism Diamond Skin, Wormhole, Oculus source etcetc...

Not to mention, even with a 45 ap casting cost, you'll be able to cast teleport a large amount of times without having to get hit for 15% of your hp or critting a dozen times.
Edited by Zinqf#1619 on 2/20/2013 9:52 AM PST
Meh 20 apoc and you can tele all day... This topic is for pvp.
02/20/2013 09:50 AMPosted by JWNZ
Meh 20 apoc and you can tele all day... This topic is for pvp.

1. How can you tele all day? It has a 16 second cooldown.
2. The topic wasn't originally about PvP only until you changed the thread name twice.
02/20/2013 08:40 AMPosted by JWNZ
Illusionist sounds like a good idea. Teleport is reset after a 15% dmg attack. Sounds reasonable. Especially if force armor worked. If force armor legitimately capped all attacks at 30% or whatever it is this opens a lot of doors... Wizards can focus on low HP high life regen builds with force armor and teleport.

You understand that it was these builds that caused force armor was nerfed in the first place. It was 35% and the only reason why you even mention low HP high life regen builds with force armor was because you are unimaginative and refer to the early inferno completion builds.

Your thread gets far less constructive and far more QQ-filled when you change the name of the thread from "Teleport is broken" to "Teleport/force armor is broken in pvp" because it doesn't synergize the way you want it to.
I changed the name because people like yourself didn't understand where I was coming from. Do you know what a CM wizard is? You can teleport all day long.

They changed it prior to the launch of PVP. I think the original mechanic of force armor was intended for PVP not so much PvE since it was easily exploited. The original status of force armor should be restored ONLY for pvp. I don't have a problem personally with any of the wizards skills for PvE. The class is very solid outside of the pvp arena.

Also I changed it to force armor in the topic because someone brought it up and they are right. If force armor is fixed the wizard is all of a sudden viable for pvp. Teleport works much better. We still should be able to tele through objects though.
Edited by JWNZ#1466 on 2/20/2013 10:10 AM PST
02/20/2013 10:05 AMPosted by JWNZ
Do you know what a CM wizard is? You can teleport all day long.

you are lier.

you will never tp like it was possible in D2 in any gear, in any conditions.

you can take 30apoc, you can take oculus, you can set CM passive and illusionist. Well, now show me how long can you tp without mobs, please, take a video.

PS. Even if there are mobs, you every time need to mitigate cooldown either through illusionist, either through CM procs - you are loosing time doing that = you cannot permanently tp.

PPS. the request was about adding/fixing rune that would remove tp cooldown + increase tp cast cost in AP. additionally fix bugs in tp skill that I showed on screenshots.
Community Manager
Please do not post using all-caps or excessive ASCII in thread titles.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]