Diablo® III

Please help me perfect my witch doctor! new player

Hey guys!

I Bought this game 4 days ago and my second legendary ever was a 1325 dps manticore with 185 dex 90% crit and 2 os that I sold for 1.4 bil.

I invested 850m into my gear after searching forums for what types of items to buy and what stats are best. I spent yesterday browsing the auction house in search for a new set of gear.

Are there any specific items I should upgrade? I know my zuni ring is weak I Got it for like 1m. Do you think I did well with my budget? Keep in mind I basically just bought items that were up for a reasonable price so I did not spend days/weeks trying to snipe amazing deals.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
you found a 1.4bil manticore within your first week? you already won the game. i dislike you.
Reply Quote
View profile
You spent almost a billion gold and didn't even break 200k dps? Yikes.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
For Witch Doctor specific discussions, your best bet is to post in the Witch Doctor forum, so I'm going to go ahead and move your thread on over there. :)
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 04:10 PMPosted by Jdino
I Bought this game 4 days ago and my second legendary ever was a 1325 dps manticore with 185 dex 90% crit and 2 os that I sold for 1.4 bil.

02/20/2013 04:10 PMPosted by Jdino
days/weeks trying to snipe amazing deals

02/20/2013 04:49 PMPosted by Jdino
I Could of easily beat 200k dps by going with innas pants, a tal rasha chest, mempo etc. But They rely a ton on mana regen so you need the 4 piece zuni. Also, fully self buffed im around 400k dps. I have 80k hp with a low paragon and im still trying to craft good gloves with even more vit.

You did get a blue bite, so i'll give you 5/10 for your trolling.
Reply Quote
1.4 bill nice.

Wish I had that kind of luck.
Reply Quote
First, if you ain't trolling, grats you lucky bastard.

I do think you get something wrong. You can't go GI/GF without any pickup radius, go get a Thing of the Deep for daily farming.
Reply Quote
View profile
02/20/2013 04:30 PMPosted by ImmortalKing
You spent almost a billion gold and didn't even break 200k dps? Yikes.

Spoken like a barb lol...it will cost you more than a billion for a WD to reach 200k unbuffed

02/20/2013 04:49 PMPosted by Jdino
Which doctors are kind of weird. I Could of easily beat 200k dps by going with innas pants, a tal rasha chest, mempo etc. But They rely a ton on mana regen so you need the 4 piece zuni. Also, fully self buffed im around 400k dps. I have 80k hp with a low paragon and im still trying to craft good gloves with even more vit. I thought I did decent gearing up :(

I think you have done pretty good with your gear choices. Nice chest!!

The thing that sticks out the most to me is that your zuni ring has no CC and your gloves are so/so...and as someone above me stated, you need a thing of the deep for lower mp runs. I use a ToTD when running speed runs...i find the pick up radius invaluable. If you're going to run higher mp's, you need mana regen on your offhand and perhaps a SOJ with its +mana will come in handy
Reply Quote
I think you did great with your budget, especially considering how new you are to the class. It took me well over 1.4b to crack 200k dps -- that's just the nature of the class.

Given the gear you already have I'd say you should start saving for super high end items. You should be looking to spend at least a couple hundred mil on your next upgrade so you get enough of a boost out of it. Like many have mentioned, your Pox is the best place to start. If I were you I'd save for a long as possible and try to get an amazing one -- spending 500+m on it. Your gear is so good you don't really have a reason to be in a hurry for an upgrade.
Reply Quote
Id have sold it for 250 dollars and called it a game.
Reply Quote
I have been playing off and on since the game came out.
The most i have sold a found item for is 20 mil.

If you are telling the truth, I am so envious I am gonna explode!
Reply Quote
For real I'm jelly but Congratz on a awesome drop and nice Wd.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]