Diablo® III

Has anyone actually played diablo 2 recently?

Obviously, this will get lots of negative responses, but just try to listen for a minute. I played Diablo 2, and it was awesome, lots of fun, I had great times with it. And initially, I was a little disappointing with Diablo 3 because it didn't quite live up to my expectations, since I had such good memories playing Diablo 2. But I went back, and actually played Diablo 2 just recently, and it's really not a better game overall, the only reason people are so angry, is because they're comparing the MEMORIES of diablo 2 to diablo 3 as it is right now, rather than actually comparing the games themselves.

If you doubt what I'm saying, just go back and try the second game, it's the memories of playing it that make it seem better, while it's really not.
Reply Quote
I'm not really, used to play WOW a long time ago, that's about it.
Reply Quote
I figured they'd just go away, but complain-y posts still pop up every day.
I think when pvp is fully out, classes are balanced(I think they're fine, but whatever) and there's a new expansion out, all those people will still buy it...
and i know saying this kinda stuff gets flamed as well, but it's just the truth, its like starcraft 2 all over again.
Reply Quote
I don't agree with this. I haven't played D2 in about a year and a half, but I always go back and play it for a bit eventually. I do the same thing with D1. I do this because I think they're great games and I enjoy returning to them.

Even if D3 is a "better game", my memories for D1 and D2 are far better than my memories of D3. Either way, it loses for a lot of people I think.
Reply Quote
Got any other opinions you wish to state as facts, while we are paying attention?
Reply Quote
02/24/2013 02:46 PMPosted by Aspie
Even if D3 is a "better game", my memories for D1 and D2 are far better than my memories of D3. Either way, it loses for a lot of people I think.

You said you don't agree at first, but then went on to agree with the point that I'm trying to make, that it's overall a better game.
Reply Quote
02/24/2013 02:51 PMPosted by PorkPockets
Got any other opinions you wish to state as facts, while we are paying attention?

I wasn't trying to state it as a fact, although it may have come across that way, I admit it is an opinion, but I'm trying to make people think that it is possible that it's not quite as good as they remember it to be

also if you could not be so sarcastic maybe? just trying to discuss the game not argue with people
Edited by Jowii#1509 on 2/24/2013 2:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Care to state why it's "a better game"..? And please, for pity's sake, go into more depth than "it has better graphics and animations". That really isn't what separates a good game from a bad one in the opinion of many/most.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Conviction

Care to state why it's "a better game"..? And please, for pity's sake, go into more depth than "it has better graphics and animations". That really isn't what separates a good game from a bad one in the opinion of many/most

Like I said before, it's an opinion, and I'm just saying it's possible people are remembering wrong
Reply Quote
I just have more fun with it, that's about it
and again...could just be me, I just want people to thin about it.
Reply Quote
02/24/2013 02:52 PMPosted by Jowii

You said you don't agree at first, but then went on to agree with the point that I'm trying to make, that it's overall a better game.

No, I said, "even if". That isn't agreeing, that is presenting a scenario. The scenario is that even if D3 is a better game, as in, I thought it was better overall, I still enjoyed D1 and D2 more regardless. Maybe this is because the experience was still new and fun, I don't know.

If I had to chose in fun factor though, it'd go in this order: D1, D2, and then D3.

That doesn't mean I think D1 is better, or that D3 is worse.
Reply Quote
Lot's of people still play Diablo 2...
Reply Quote
I host dclone walks weekly on useast.
Reply Quote
02/24/2013 03:01 PMPosted by Wolverine
Lot's of people still play Diablo 2...

Thats cool, but not what I'm trying to talk about
Reply Quote
I think the only sad thing about this thread is the need of some people for everyone to think the way they do.

I am just wondering: Is it some sort of control issue? You don't feel good about liking what you like unless other people like it? You have a need to dominate? You can't keep your own life in order so you try to keep other people in order?

Why can't you just play your game and enjoy it, and let those that can't enjoy it do what they want?

Meanwhile, in direct response to your question: I would still play d2 if I could get it to run on i7. No luck with the so called patches... And I still think it's sad that d3 only comes equal to TQIM, which predates it by several years.

All good games, in my humble op, but I am for letting people figure it out for themselves.
Reply Quote
I still play D2, and SC, had them reinstalled 2 months ago, got tired of not having an offline game for all the down time and lag times D3 has.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Still not sure what the point of this thread is. You say "D2's really not the better game overall", but you refuse to give so much as a single example why, or why D3's better, or how this is relevant, or anything of the sort.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]