Diablo® III

Has anyone actually played diablo 2 recently?

Yes ^^

Reading these posts and arguing with people on why I think d2 is better made me feel like just going and playing d2... So, sometimes I do.

If you don't understand why d2 is superior in many ways, oh well. I never actually got bored of it. Something about it really interests me. So many drop possibilities

- runes
-charms (of 3 sizes)
- jewels (of different rarity)
- skulls, sapphires, diamonds and the other four gems

Instead of whining about why D3 doesn't have these things, i'd rather just play D2. Hopefully some day, someone will just remake it with current graphics and keep it the same gameplay and itemization wise (ya, the UI can use an update).

thats what i wanted all along from D3 and its not there, maybe it will be but, im still waiting. And... with news of the game hitting console, this leads me to believe Blizzard just isnt on the same page as the gamers "at all."

Still like D3 HC a lot. SC is a mess of tanked out items and hitting walls as far as getting upgrades fast.
Reply Quote
Obviously, this will get lots of negative responses, but just try to listen for a minute. I played Diablo 2, and it was awesome, lots of fun, I had great times with it. And initially, I was a little disappointing with Diablo 3 because it didn't quite live up to my expectations, since I had such good memories playing Diablo 2. But I went back, and actually played Diablo 2 just recently, and it's really not a better game overall, the only reason people are so angry, is because they're comparing the MEMORIES of diablo 2 to diablo 3 as it is right now, rather than actually comparing the games themselves.

If you doubt what I'm saying, just go back and try the second game, it's the memories of playing it that make it seem better, while it's really not.

I play D2 all the time. You aren't a fan of Diablo. You are a fan of Blizz, pretty colors, and explosions.

Do you hide in your house and cry on July 4th?
Reply Quote
You can still buy D2 with LOD, it's on the shelves at EB Games.

I'd get it except I'm sure that 800x600 would shred my eyeballs. Maybe if I had an old CRT monitor around to play it on...
Reply Quote
View profile
Troll thread detected.
Reported for trolling
Reply Quote
Obviously, this will get lots of negative responses, but just try to listen for a minute. I played Diablo 2, and it was awesome, lots of fun, I had great times with it. And initially, I was a little disappointing with Diablo 3 because it didn't quite live up to my expectations, since I had such good memories playing Diablo 2. But I went back, and actually played Diablo 2 just recently, and it's really not a better game overall, the only reason people are so angry, is because they're comparing the MEMORIES of diablo 2 to diablo 3 as it is right now, rather than actually comparing the games themselves.

If you doubt what I'm saying, just go back and try the second game, it's the memories of playing it that make it seem better, while it's really not.

You must be trolling... I quit D3 to play D2. Been playing solo for a while now (Since my OS no longer supports it I have been using a wineskin to be able to play). It's better than I remember it! Trying for max level all classes and all uniques/sets/rune words. Up to 2 Pul so far, so it will be a long long time until I am done, but it is the most fun I have had from any Diablo game.
Edited by ShaiHulud#1223 on 2/24/2013 8:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
Have I played recently? Yes, very recently. I quit D3 to go back to D2. D3's itemization is just boring, and I dislike how skills are handled and their damage output is calculated. Also, I feel the atmosphere is terrible, with far to much lighting. Diablo is supposed to be a dark game, but the visuals don't give you that impression in many locations. Also, the story was TERRIBLE. Killed Cain, killed Ellie (Was that her name?) Story's bad when you beat it and you don't remember a main characters name

Of course, these are all my opinions, and you guys are welcome t like D3 for what it is now. I just feel it could have been so much more. It DESERVED to be.
Reply Quote
View profile
Not without the median XL mod. Which in time will go from ultimative to sigma.
Reply Quote
For what it's worth, OP, I'm in the same boat. Went back to play D2 during server down times, just couldn't stand it for longer than 20 minutes. Farming in that game is actually worse, farm same damn boss x200 get nothing, bleh...
Edited by Ignatius#1870 on 2/24/2013 9:10 PM PST
Reply Quote

You must be trolling... I quit D3 to play D2. Been playing solo for a while now (Since my OS no longer supports it I have been using a wineskin to be able to play). It's better than I remember it! Trying for max level all classes and all uniques/sets/rune words. Up to 2 Pul so far, so it will be a long long time until I am done, but it is the most fun I have had from any Diablo game.

Max Level all classes. I just about fell out of my chair laughing. Did you play D2? I played on character some 6 years and in some cases did 45-60 mintues of Baal runs a day, every single day. I made it to 95 1/2, Getting to 91-92 isn't horribly difficult, but after that it gets just stupid crazy. We are talking like 500+ hours per level. GL getting there at least you enjoy the grind just like I do in D3.
Reply Quote
D2 is a close to 15 year old game, of course it's not going to look and feel that great.

However for it's time it was epic.

D3 should have easily been better than D2 in every way, and it's not. It's better in a couple ways and worse in many, many others.
Reply Quote
no point in d2, too many bots and spams

sp is gay since its only one player
Reply Quote
Okay om going to stop this non sense here and now. Paladin, do i need to say anymore? Yea i do? Okay the paladin has more diversity than all of d3 combined, and diablo 2 offered so much depth. A character felt like it was yours, and it was so fun to do off the wall builds for the hell of it. D3 is so elementary and cookie cutter in its attempt. I do not hate d3 but its auction house tycoon for me. Give me d2 anyday, lets pray somethinf drastic happens in future
Reply Quote
D2 was great but I don't play it anymore because I played it so much over the last 10 years that I have completely lost interest in it.

D3 is just terrible. Or perhaps I don't like the genre anymore. Either way, not the best $60 I've ever spent.
Reply Quote
the quality of a game IS the experience, so it's only natural for players to compare how their experience feels from each game instead of the "game play" itself. If it doesn't "feel" as fun then you are going to judge it more harshly regardless of the improvements, lately I have been enjoying the improvements as much as I had D2.
Reply Quote

What the fork are you talking about? I also recently played D2 and it kicked !@#. You're also forgetting that the D2 community isn't there anymore which was a big reason for the "memories".
Reply Quote

Nice try, Jay Wilson.
Reply Quote
The sound track at the login screen still send chill to my spine, to this day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adep8LcxMog

Just close your eyes listen, and remember the golden age of Diablo.
Edited by kenzou#6633 on 2/24/2013 10:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
I still play D2 but it's a little distorted on my wide screen with the 800X600 resolution. One of the things I love about D2 is the monster density. If you want a break from fighting you either go back to town or quit moving for awhile, and hope you don't agro something from a pack lurking just off screen.

After 14 years of playing that game there are areas that I still don't much like to play because they're just too damn hard with a new character that isn't wearing good gear, which is just the way it's gotta be when a new ladder gets set like it did a month before D3 was released. Starting a character on a new ladder in D2 is pretty damn cool.

I also play a mid 90's trap assassin with an infinity merc in non ladder, and while Baal is a solo run for me, it's by no means a gimme because I like to fight my way to him instead of using my enigma tele to get to the throne room fight. Champion black souls are nasty even when you take away their lightning immunity!

Somebody said Cows were boring? They were right.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]