Diablo® III

Gold Spamming Out of Control

Don't ban gold trade ban the accounts that are spamming. Heck for all we know it is someone that isn't even really wanting to sell gold but wants to make the game chat suck because they have found a better game. And because people continue to play this game and won't stop and go play a different game.
Reply Quote
We know that dealing with spam and fake friend invites aren’t fun, so thank you for your patience. We implemented a fix on Saturday, and players should now be able to report spammers in chat channels and the Social Window without any errors. As a result this fix, the amount of gold spam you see should start to decline rapidly.

Please let us know if you are still unable to submit reports for either of these, and we’ll make sure it gets escalated to the appropriate people.

Thank you for the reply. We can now report them but it doesn't seem to slow it down all that much. I would say I see a post once every couple minutes give or take. Hopefully you guys can come up with something to really put a crunch on their business. Regardless of how you guys decide to approach this I would still like to see the ones who are buying the gold get banned because if it wasn't for them this would not be a problem.
Reply Quote
Do not remove gold trading, that is too extreme. For us players who are big sellers of unIDs that would be sad as all. And maybe banning players for buying gold is extreme for a first offense also. How about making gold BoA for those players for a certain amount of time? Ban if they do it again.
And chat filters sounds like a good idea. If we cant see that !@#$, they might get bored and go away.
Thanks for fixing the reporting though Blizz!
Reply Quote
03/05/2013 12:07 AMPosted by Calundris
And maybe banning players for buying gold is extreme for a first offense also.

I am assuming that you have purchased gold in the past and now are worried about your account. Again that is an assumption based on why else would you defend people that do so? The fact is the ones who buy this gold do nothing good for the game and are going against the policies in the games. They deserved to be banned permanently.
Reply Quote
I've reported about 20-30 of them in past day or so.

Still a never ending stream of diablo3walmart spam

So sad when we have to block chat channels in an online game :(
Reply Quote
03/04/2013 05:11 PMPosted by Vaeflare
the amount of gold spam you see should start to decline rapidly.

I have been on vacation for the past 4 days. I report all gold spam messages as spam that I see. My ignore list is full of character names (100 is the max BTW) that are gold spam messengers. The only thing thats happening rapidly is this fourm post. I reccomend Blizzard allocate resources from the fourm readers department and have them identify gold spam accounts. Its not hard to spot, big wall of text in the chat box with a website advertisement and a gold/$ conversion rate. There is no need to "look into reports.." or, "research circumstances". It's as clear as day who the gold spammers are. Blizzard is the only one with the personal data to identify the accounts and the power to shut them down. The fact that this has taken so long shows theres no real concern. I hate to be the negative voice here. But, it has been more than a year.

P.S. Starcraft 2 Heart of the Swarm was supposed to be a free content installment, as it was initially advertised. Thanks for waiting long enough to have your fanbase forget your promises just to turn a buck.

Respectfully, Me.
Reply Quote
03/05/2013 09:59 AMPosted by Bloodlegacy
the amount of gold spam you see should start to decline rapidly.

I have been on vacation for the past 4 days. I report all gold spam messages as spam that I see. My ignore list is full of character names (100 is the max BTW) that are gold spam messengers. The only thing thats happening rapidly is this fourm post. I reccomend Blizzard allocate resources from the fourm readers department and have them identify gold spam accounts. Its not hard to spot, big wall of text in the chat box with a website advertisement and a gold/$ conversion rate. There is no need to "look into reports.." or, "research circumstances". It's as clear as day who the gold spammers are. Blizzard is the only one with the personal data to identify the accounts and the power to shut them down. The fact that this has taken so long shows theres no real concern. I hate to be the negative voice here. But, it has been more than a year.

P.S. Starcraft 2 Heart of the Swarm was supposed to be a free content installment, as it was initially advertised. Thanks for waiting long enough to have your fanbase forget your promises just to turn a buck.

Respectfully, Me.

Well said.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
So, while there are many, many issues with gold spamming, as well as other things that are just plain broken in D3 (achievements aren't working right this moment, which i found out conveniently after I completed a coveted achieve :(

These silly things should be reported and complained about until fixed, etc. BUT please don't waste time and forum space making up stupid things like

03/05/2013 10:51 AMPosted by Latimere

This is flat out untrue and a lie. They announced, and we nerds raged from the very start that the trilogy would all be full priced games. I am not saying they should cost money, I am saying Blizz was honest from the start about it. There was no last minute swindling.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
We know that dealing with spam and fake friend invites aren’t fun, so thank you for your patience. We implemented a fix on Saturday, and players should now be able to report spammers in chat channels and the Social Window without any errors. As a result this fix, the amount of gold spam you see should start to decline rapidly.

Please let us know if you are still unable to submit reports for either of these, and we’ll make sure it gets escalated to the appropriate people.

THANKS BLIZZARD

GETTING FAKE FRIEND INVITES AND GETTING MY HOPES UP THAT SOMEONE ACTUALLY LIKES ME AND WANTS TO BEFRIEND ME ARE REALLY GETTING TO ME, MAKES ME REALLY SAD.
Reply Quote

THANKS BLIZZARD

GETTING FAKE FRIEND INVITES AND GETTING MY HOPES UP THAT SOMEONE ACTUALLY LIKES ME AND WANTS TO BEFRIEND ME ARE REALLY GETTING TO ME, MAKES ME REALLY SAD.

So not sure if you are joking or serious lol.
Reply Quote
Banning spammers permanently would put this to an end quickly. Please do...
Reply Quote
03/05/2013 02:38 PMPosted by Kristineater
Banning spammers permanently would put this to an end quickly. Please do...

Wouldn't it be sweet if they set up a system where if an account received a certain number of reports that it would auto ban? Then it could only be restored after Blizzard reviews it.
Reply Quote
I to have been pretty annoyed with all the spamming. I always make it a point to report it but yet it never ends. I can only think of 2 possible reasons for this: 1) Blizzard not only condones this but they have someone working for them to sell the gold. (Thus making more money on it!) 2) Havent figured out how to block an IP address.

Either way I agree its a problem and might have a solution. Creating a spam channel. Any spamming outside of that then should be banned and game keys removed so that they cant ever play again without buying a new game.
Reply Quote
Since the servers have come back on its like spam heaven all over again.
Reply Quote
@ Oriyune:
I wouldn't expect a lvl 600 Blacksmith missing 2 sockets to understand. Also I'll pit my screen shot of the SC2 homepage specifying additional free content against your amazing and infailible memory of things that never happened.
Edited by Bloodlegacy#2611 on 3/5/2013 9:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
They had this pretty much cleaned up until very recently, what has changed?
Reply Quote
03/05/2013 10:29 PMPosted by evok
They had this pretty much cleaned up until very recently, what has changed?

Good question....
Reply Quote
No gold spam in the last 8 hours. It apears the squeaky wheels do get the oil after all?
Reply Quote
Bliz has done a good job about those spammers, two thumbs up for the job well done!
Reply Quote
I report and BLOCK spammers all the time. Now I got error msg ####: Block list full!?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]