Diablo® III

Gold Spamming Out of Control

03/01/2013 12:16 PMPosted by Deadlysynz
The only way gold spamming stops is when gold is bound to the account and un-tradeable between players. If they truly want to end it, that's what they'll do

I swear some of you people are bound and determined to destroy the trade economy of this game.
Blizzard can fix this without taking no where near such exaggerated idiotic measures.Haven't you
types already hurt the game enough to be satisfied?You got your easy mode,your BoA's,your
failed AH,Jay Wilsons departure.This generation of gamers like you can never be pleased just
admit it and move on
Edited by FallenSouls#1868 on 3/1/2013 1:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
Yes...Blizzard...PLEASE fix this!!! It's nearly impossible to sell anything in trade or to have a conversation with all the spamming. Good lord, it's worse than I have ever seen it. Sadly, I have shut down all the chat channels due to it.

And, yes, make chat channels unavailable until like level 20 or something PLEASE!
Reply Quote
03/01/2013 01:54 PMPosted by FallenSouls
The only way gold spamming stops is when gold is bound to the account and un-tradeable between players. If they truly want to end it, that's what they'll do

I swear some of you people are bound and determined to destroy the trade economy of this game.
Blizzard can fix this without taking no where near such exaggerated idiotic measures.Haven't you
types already hurt the game enough to be satisfied?You got your easy mode,your BoA's,your
failed AH,Jay Wilsons departure.This generation of gamers like you can never be pleased just
admit it and move on

I don't think it would hurt the economy if they disallowed direct gold transfers between characters. Items could still be bought and sold via the AH. Personally, I never trade in person due to all the damned scammers out there. That's another problem that would be solved.
Reply Quote
The problem isn't that gold is tradeable (though obviously having it be BoA would deal with the problem), the problem is that Blizzard has put a floor on the value of gold in the RMAH. By putting a floor on the prices, they've created a market for sellers willing to sell below the floor to buyers who would like to pay less. The 15% Blizzard tax has a similar effect, but to a much smaller degree.

Online gold appears to be about half of Blizzard's floor price. That provides a substantial incentive to any serious buyer to circumvent the system. Just move the floor to below the market price, and the spammers will go away.
Reply Quote
03/01/2013 01:19 PMPosted by Consultant
In addition to server based spam protection (which is broken for more than a day), perhaps create client based system where D3 players can filter out messages containing user selected words.

THIS! If Acti-Bliz-a-vision doesn't implement this, we KNOW they are in on it.
Reply Quote
03/01/2013 01:09 PMPosted by Vaeflare
Thank you for your report! We're aware of this issue, and are currently investigating it.
What exactly does "investigating" mean here? Determining if it really happened? Well, since you're "aware of the issue" then you probably do believe it happened, so we're back to the original question.

Does "investigating" mean that you are searching for every possible way it can be triggered? That's certainly thorough, but not very timely. That could take weeks.

Or does "investigating" mean that it's Friday afternoon and all the people who could code and implement a solution have gone home for the weekend and no one will look at it again until Monday?

If you're actually working on fixing it as we speak, you might want to use a phrase like "actively working on a resolution" which conveys a sense of action.
Reply Quote
Blizzard at least give us a bigger chat window.... the spammers fill the whole chat window up. You can't talk to friends... you can't sit in any chat channels... nothing. The gold spammers make the chat window completely useless.
Reply Quote
It's pretty clear when you look up the domain info that www.goldah.com and www.diablo3walmart.com were registered by someone in China. The sales that these websites gain allows the spammers to buy more D3 keys, and create new accounts to do more spamming.

I would love to see Blizzard filter these URLs out of chat and friend requests for good. It would be even better if they filtered out any variation of these, like www(dot)goldah(dot)com.

Screw 'em.
Reply Quote
03/01/2013 02:45 PMPosted by Glock
Blizzard at least give us a bigger chat window.... the spammers fill the whole chat window up. You can't talk to friends... you can't sit in any chat channels... nothing. The gold spammers make the chat window completely useless.

Great Ceasars Ghost, NOOO. It would end up like D2 where your whole screen became covered by spammers and you couldn't play the game.

I dont have the general chat option turned on. Problem solved.
Reply Quote
We're investigating.. lmao, people are you this stupid ?

This is pretty simple. I never bought gold myself, but this is how it works :

someone give his account to a third party website that sells 'leveling, gold, items, etc' for a certain amount of time, during this time the people over there in hong kong and korea use the account to spam ads while they level a char or something.

I cant think of another way that would involve sane players spamming ads in chat. I play on EU and there is more and more of this spam.

They should rename the general chat in Third party gold sellers advertisement.
Edited by toni#2352 on 3/1/2013 3:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
Just wait till pvp mods roll out.

This economy is dead, gold will soon be 1cent per mill.
PvP modders will kill off the last few people like how they did in D2
Reply Quote
How long does it take to fix this really Just go into any chat and you can see the accounts doing it then ban their asses
Reply Quote
03/01/2013 12:16 PMPosted by Deadlysynz

no BOA gold that would suck for us poor people who need a friend to front us some repair gold when we go broke crafting.
Reply Quote

And stop allowing gold to be sold on RMAH.
Reply Quote
03/01/2013 03:31 PMPosted by LuckyTuck
no BOA gold that would suck for us poor people who need a friend to front us some repair gold when we go broke crafting

If your repair bills are out of hand, dial down the MP until you stop dying.
Reply Quote
03/01/2013 03:22 PMPosted by SaintCoultz
How long does it take to fix this really Just go into any chat and you can see the accounts doing it then ban their asses

Hear Hear.

And I probably wouldn't even be here if the report spam option wasn't broken to boot. :(
Reply Quote
Yes, a filter system would be a fantastic response to these. There's a couple of different approaches which seem good to me. One way to do the filter is to simple report spam and let an automated system analyze the data and create appropriate filters. An extension to that would be to allow players to see the filters imposed on friend invite messages and chat in channel and modify them by adding or removing what seems good for them for filtering. This change would only exist on a local level and not send results back to the system for updating.

The reason for there being no feedback would be to prevent mass numbers of gold spammers from sending in responses that might lower the detection system or weaken it with their dozens of accounts per spammer.

The question is how adaptable will the farmers be? How much of an uphill battle will it be? Will they continue to modify their spam to counter the filters, or will the filters become so comprehensive that spam will be reduced by 99.9%? I don't know, but a filter system is a must. Sellers seem to have infinite resources for harassing us in game. It diminishes the usefulness of the chat system all together.

03/01/2013 01:19 PMPosted by Consultant
Thank you for your report! We're aware of this issue, and are currently investigating it.

In addition to server based spam protection (which is broken for more than a day), perhaps create client based system where D3 players can filter out messages containing user selected words.

It's pretty clear when you look up the domain info that www.goldah.com and www.diablo3walmart.com were registered by someone in China. The sales that these websites gain allows the spammers to buy more D3 keys, and create new accounts to do more spamming.

I would love to see Blizzard filter these URLs out of chat and friend requests for good. It would be even better if they filtered out any variation of these, like www(dot)goldah(dot)com.

Screw 'em.
Reply Quote
after trying to report one of these spammers, you get the error msg that it did not go through.

At any time after you clicked ok on that error msg.....

Did you get lag/disconnected from battle.net??
Reply Quote
03/01/2013 01:54 PMPosted by FallenSouls

admit it and move on

I like you.
Reply Quote
you people are so stupid or should i say no brain ...
what is the most important with blizzard , i am sure not you or me ,, it is call MONEY ,, yes it is MONEY , you think you spend $50 or even $100 to buy the game and you want blizzard to listen to anything you suggest .!!!! do you really think so !!!! what a dumb brain if you really thinking like that.
Do you know how much each gold spammer or should i say gold seller spend each month on the game !!!! each month each of them buy more than 50 new games to replace for the account got from blizzard ... 50 games * $50 = $2500 .. yes two thousands five hundreds dollars each months , and you know how many gold seller are there , hundreds of them ...!!!

OK now , how much you make for blizzard , you spend $50 and play forever until you quit , they spend $2500 each month as long as the game still there ...

my point is NO MONEY = NO TALK ...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]