Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
03/01/2013 01:29 PMPosted by TheNatasYeah it seemed for a little while I was not getting hit with requests and now it is back to square 1.
Its not that hard of a problem, a resolution would need mutiple angles though:
1. First region lock by IP the connection with a standard graphic displayed password to unlock the region.
2. As someone said the account must have a level 10 character to chat in general, and ENTER trade. Even if the account is hacked if the chat is done by a proper relay software the bot would be sending the messages but they would not be delivered. If an account with a relivent character gets marked as a spammer by reports the account with the character gets flagged and locked, the IP that made the character gets a 30 day lock on creating accounts (This way someone who gets a random IP has a reduced chance on getting stuck with a spammer's lockout)
Additionally by needing a character it forces them to make an actual character, which would require an actual b.net account, which would need the actual software and an email address, which, if a spammer is running their own email server the entire server can be identified and blocked.
3. This is the hard one, crack down directly on the PLAYERS that buy this gold. These guys exist because there is a market, if players suddenly found themselves getting strung up for this, its possible the market might dry up.
4. Blizz should buy some gold and when they show up lock down every character on that account, and possibly every account on that server.
#1 deals with bots from overseas directly by making it harder to spam
#2 deals with the hacking into b.net by making them more tracable
#3 deals with the fact that as annoying as they are to most of us, they are only present because they ARE selling gold
#4 deals with a more open war against them. Really this is not something to be passive about, people who are innocent should have a recource, though I highly doubt there would be many.
The thing is if they have circumvented #2 with hacked characters then #4 is even more important because why would that gold even be legit in that case
03/01/2013 01:24 PMPosted by Deadlysynz
Trading game. Say no to anything that is Boa. I mean I do want to sell items and gold.
Trade items yes, gold no. Gold does not need to be traded, it's completely unnecessary.
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.