Diablo® III

Gold Spamming Out of Control

its a simple problem easy to fix... i could go look up in 20 mins how to make a keylogger to report walls of text and auto ban after so many walls of text in a short period of time. And wouldnt take longer then a few hours for me an amateur coder to do, if a blizz employee did it id think itd take less then an hour(or since none has done it yet maybe a couple of weeks)
Reply Quote
I think it's pretty safe to say that the issue won't be resolved for a long time.
Reply Quote
All these spammers are referring people to different gold sites. Can't you have these sites removed from the internet? They are a violation of the terms of service. Please do something!
Reply Quote
Gold spammers in chat today is INSANE!.
There are literally 2-3 messages PER MINUTE.
Reply Quote
03/01/2013 01:09 PMPosted by Vaeflare
Thank you for your report! We're aware of this issue, and are currently investigating it.

bots are back.... another ban wave please
Reply Quote
Its not that hard of a problem, a resolution would need mutiple angles though:

1. First region lock by IP the connection with a standard graphic displayed password to unlock the region.
2. As someone said the account must have a level 10 character to chat in general, and ENTER trade. Even if the account is hacked if the chat is done by a proper relay software the bot would be sending the messages but they would not be delivered. If an account with a relivent character gets marked as a spammer by reports the account with the character gets flagged and locked, the IP that made the character gets a 30 day lock on creating accounts (This way someone who gets a random IP has a reduced chance on getting stuck with a spammer's lockout)

Additionally by needing a character it forces them to make an actual character, which would require an actual b.net account, which would need the actual software and an email address, which, if a spammer is running their own email server the entire server can be identified and blocked.
3. This is the hard one, crack down directly on the PLAYERS that buy this gold. These guys exist because there is a market, if players suddenly found themselves getting strung up for this, its possible the market might dry up.
4. Blizz should buy some gold and when they show up lock down every character on that account, and possibly every account on that server.

---

#1 deals with bots from overseas directly by making it harder to spam
#2 deals with the hacking into b.net by making them more tracable
#3 deals with the fact that as annoying as they are to most of us, they are only present because they ARE selling gold
#4 deals with a more open war against them. Really this is not something to be passive about, people who are innocent should have a recource, though I highly doubt there would be many.

The thing is if they have circumvented #2 with hacked characters then #4 is even more important because why would that gold even be legit in that case
Reply Quote
03/01/2013 01:29 PMPosted by TheNatas
Yeah it seemed for a little while I was not getting hit with requests and now it is back to square 1.

same

and it isn't just requests. Just as this thread states, gold spamming on gen chat and other chats are completely ridiculous
Edited by november1093#1906 on 3/1/2013 11:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
Its not that hard of a problem, a resolution would need mutiple angles though:

1. First region lock by IP the connection with a standard graphic displayed password to unlock the region.
2. As someone said the account must have a level 10 character to chat in general, and ENTER trade. Even if the account is hacked if the chat is done by a proper relay software the bot would be sending the messages but they would not be delivered. If an account with a relivent character gets marked as a spammer by reports the account with the character gets flagged and locked, the IP that made the character gets a 30 day lock on creating accounts (This way someone who gets a random IP has a reduced chance on getting stuck with a spammer's lockout)

Additionally by needing a character it forces them to make an actual character, which would require an actual b.net account, which would need the actual software and an email address, which, if a spammer is running their own email server the entire server can be identified and blocked.
3. This is the hard one, crack down directly on the PLAYERS that buy this gold. These guys exist because there is a market, if players suddenly found themselves getting strung up for this, its possible the market might dry up.
4. Blizz should buy some gold and when they show up lock down every character on that account, and possibly every account on that server.

---

#1 deals with bots from overseas directly by making it harder to spam
#2 deals with the hacking into b.net by making them more tracable
#3 deals with the fact that as annoying as they are to most of us, they are only present because they ARE selling gold
#4 deals with a more open war against them. Really this is not something to be passive about, people who are innocent should have a recource, though I highly doubt there would be many.

The thing is if they have circumvented #2 with hacked characters then #4 is even more important because why would that gold even be legit in that case

Also totally agree with this, but there sould be a 2 strike policy for number 3. First time you get warned, second time you get suspended for a while.
Reply Quote
each months all the gold spammer pay blizzard thousands of dollars to buy new CD key to replace the banned accounts ...

how much you people pay blizzard ??? 50 bucks to buy the game !!!!1 and !!!!! nothing !!!

so , who do you think is more important to blizzard , who should blizzard look after !! you or those pay them thousands of $ each month ...!!!
Reply Quote
i dont think those accounts that spam the chanels are paid accounts.
AFAIK you can post in chat with a trial account, so that's why most of those profiles show zeros across the board for things like gold collected and elite kills
simple fix would be to pnly allow trial accounts to talk to each other but NOT paid accounts
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Pro tip: No business survives without customers.

Stop buying their crap people.
Reply Quote
03/01/2013 01:17 PMPosted by Drakor

Unfortunately, most of the spam bots are using hacked accounts :P

Well that sucks.

I hear this claim and I don't believe it anymore.
Reply Quote
Yeah I am guessing Blizz makes money off the spammers/dupers, otherwise they would be gone. Do we need to pay you a monthly fee to fix your !@#$? Let us know....
Reply Quote
03/01/2013 01:24 PMPosted by Deadlysynz

Trading game. Say no to anything that is Boa. I mean I do want to sell items and gold.

Trade items yes, gold no. Gold does not need to be traded, it's completely unnecessary.

Except for the fact that most people trade items for gold. :P
Reply Quote
Plisk1n they arnt China bots mate there groups in the US of good ole A so stop with the coments about a race you seen to have a problem with. I am with most of you tho this is a huge problem and one concept of removing this problem has been mentioned about a certain lvl restraint..would fix the problem for awhile but there has to be a way. GW2 has a great system to avoid this not sure how they do it tho but it works 85% of the time, maybe call them up BLizz =P
Reply Quote
[quote
="79781226113"]Unfortunately, most of the spam bots are using hacked accounts :P[/quote]
WRONG!
Reply Quote
in their own general channels,now thats bold! i just want to see what others are saying but spam is driving me nuts to
Reply Quote
Dude, I LOVE your English. It makes me feel like I am in a fantasy wonderland. Narnia maybe?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]