Diablo® III

Legendaries drop rate nerfed after 1.0.7.???

Couldn't find similar topic so I had to ask you all....since this patch I hardly even find any legendaries (playing MP6, PL61, MF380+) and I play like 1-2 A3 (sometimes A2) runs per day...I find like one per day which is really strange when I comapre it before this patch when I could find like 8 legendraies per day...and I must add, I f...g hate this new crafting plans and demonic essences....yeah I made some nice gloves and shoulders, but now they're all (plans and demonic essences) more or less useless....do not collect them now...on my question...so, does anyone of you out there noticed this same thing about legendaries???
Reply Quote
I found a lot of legendaries in one day while none or 1 the next day, It's just RNG.
Reply Quote
I think drop rate is about the same.

Nice shoulder that you crafted.
You should craft Amulet too.

There are quite a few legendary that I have yet to get, example are witching hour and ice climbers. I am wondering why there are so many in the market and I have yet to find one even though I am 4 levels away from P100!

Anyway, I am not going to rush, just going to take my time and enjoy life.
Reply Quote

There are quite a few legendary that I have yet to get, example are witching hour and ice climbers. I am wondering why there are so many in the market and I have yet to find one even though I am 4 levels away from P100!

I found tons of stuffs for WD, DH, and Barb like Witching Hour and Ice Climbers, but I can never find anything good for my wiz. I feel like you can never a good upgrade for the class you use. It's not true, but I'm a bit tired of finding legendaries for my spares instead of my main.
Reply Quote

I'll definitely try to craft some good amulet, but right now I'm on some 10mil gold and simply cannot get more since there's nothing worthy dropping for me lately....so will spare a little longer.
the shoulders I got think after 10 try.

but I really do feel that legendaries drop rates are in some way nerfed after this patch....you see, it never happen'd before this patch that I get only 1 legendary in 3 days (when above 300 MF)?! I doubt (if it's true) it's because of this new crafting system....maybe I'm wrong, will see what happens in next few days....

02/23/2013 04:55 AMPosted by Ricstar
I found tons of stuffs for WD, DH, and Barb like Witching Hour and Ice Climbers, but I can never find anything good for my wiz. I feel like you can never a good upgrade for the class you use. It's not true, but I'm a bit tired of finding legendaries for my spares instead of my main.

you're not the only one....the only good thing I found for my WD is that nice Witching Hour I use! it happen'd some 2 weeks ago....I found once Ice Climbers and they were nothing exceptional. but right now I can't find anything nice even for other classes....damn!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
Gee, this thread doesn't pop up every other day.

RNG is RNG.
Reply Quote
Found 3 legs in one hour yesterday then nothing the rest of the day or this morning...rng is rng.
Reply Quote
i found 0 legendaries this week and today 2 in 20 mins.
RNG is RNG
Reply Quote
RNG is RNG but anyway I feel this s...t is nerfed in some way! will try tomorrow and will inform you about my luck!
Reply Quote
they obviously did something on the Drop Rates, before the patch i get around 2 - 3 legendaries the least in MP5 8 hrs farming. now i have to move up to MP8 to get a legendary drop which BTW is almost a miracle if i can get 1 in a day... i am PL45 MF340+
Reply Quote
on bad days i sit farming out. on good days i keep getting legendarys until it stops then i stop farming

either u get a lot or nothing sometimes in between
Reply Quote
I went from level 76 to 78 playing mp 5 act 3 runs excusively (430+ mf). ZERO legendaries. ZERO, 0, NONE, ZIP, ZILCH, NADA, NOTHING.

I'm frustrated because the only way for me to improve my character is to spend 100 million or more on an item. But if i have nothing the trade, i can't get the gold to improve.

This has only occured since the new patch arrived. They changed the drop rates on legendaries. It's not just random, my sample has a large time scale over a multiple day period.
Reply Quote
People say RNG is RNG, but Blizzard is overseeing the probably 3+ page drop algorithm...

So what exactly is RNG about it? They control the % chance of specific items, class stats, % chance of rolling 200 vs 50 primary attribute, ilvl, and god knows what else.

RNG is RNG my ars.

You act like they're fairly picking numbers from a hat (because that reality creates the least dissonance within your psyche...) except you forget that its Blizzards hat, Blizzard put the numbers in it, and Blizzard pulls em out and reads em.

You may say RNG, but the only random thing about it is everyone that has been convinced its fair.
Edited by Treckin#1892 on 2/24/2013 9:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
zero drop for the whole day today... giving up...
Reply Quote
More people are playing since 1.07 released. If drop rates stayed the same, the AH would be inundated with items. The amount of items in the AH needs to be relatively stable, as that's what drives the economy - can't have 2-3X the amount of cc Mempo's in the AH, as that would drive their price down and less people would resort to buying gold and/or using the RMAH. More people playing = less drops per person on average.

If you want more legendary drops, you need the game to tank. There's still way more people in pub games now then there were pre-patch, but as that number goes down, now that the patch has been released, everyone will start to get more legendary drops day-by-day until the next patch or the expansion releases. Then you'll be getting less drops again.

That is, unless a patch/expansion adds new items, as then these will drop by the boatload until the AH is filed up with them - then the drop rates will go down again until more people stop playing and a new patch comes out - continuing the circle of life.

hakuna matata.
Reply Quote
Tied to GAH RNG is RNG.
Reply Quote
So playing for 4-5 hours daily since 1.0.7 realease, doing nothing but 15 min A3 runs, and finding one pair of TERRIBLE Lacuni Prowlers in.... 24 days, thats RNG too right?

This game is garbage.

EDIT: Keep in mind, prior to 1.0.7 i was EASILY finding 8-9 legendaries daily, even though they were crap.
Edited by Phaize#1538 on 2/24/2013 6:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
Yeah my experience has been the same. *Shrug* must be RNG.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]