Diablo® III

Legendaries drop rate nerfed after 1.0.7.???

There are quite a few legendary that I have yet to get, example are witching hour and ice climbers. I am wondering why there are so many in the market and I have yet to find one even though I am 4 levels away from P100!

I know that feeling bro. I'm paragon 94 and there are tons of legendaries that I've never got. Like the Mempo, IK chest armor, Tal Rasha's Amulet, etc... But I still get a lot of two handed weapons and more useless junk...
Reply Quote
I have noticed the same decrease in legionaries since this patch. Exactly as he said, on a full day of play I would get 8+. Since this patch 1-2 per the same game play ... with a higher paragon (MF).. level after level.

My theory is that with the 400% drop rate of books and the newly added Demonic Essense those drops are replacing the yellow drop slots of weapon / armor drops that have the chance to be legendary.

E.G. you kill a mob and 5 yellows drop. 1 is now an essence instead of 5 weps. so since LEGs are a chance on a item drop, items have been decreased that 20% thus Legs drop at that much less rate hence approx 8 a day to 2 a day.

They should have upped the amount of stuff dropped. instead of changing what drops. Demonic essences are now overflowing my INV and crafting is stupid because I want to sell my gear and make $.

RNG - yes but STATS IS STATS and they messed UPP
Reply Quote
Gee, this thread doesn't pop up every other day.

RNG is RNG.

True dat.

I played for about three hours with two friends on MP 4 last Saturday. Over the course of the session I was Paragon 30, and they were (including level-ups) 9-11 and 6-8. BOTH of them got a legendary (even more amazing, they both got one they could use) and I got none.

RNG all the way.
Reply Quote
found 5 legendaries in 1 run last night i dont think so
Reply Quote
Drops are fine. As usual got 2 crap legs on a MP2 public game with my lowly DH within 10 minutes LOL....
Reply Quote
Game Designer
Drop rates on legendary items hasn't been altered, although when the random generator turns an evil eye on you sometimes it feels otherwise.
Reply Quote
02/25/2013 04:45 PMPosted by Gunny
Just the fact that you can come in here and post that screams that your loot system and itemization need an overhaul.

RNG IS RNG?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Drop rates on legendary items hasn't been altered, although when the random generator turns an evil eye on you sometimes it feels otherwise.

Just the fact that you can come in here and post that screams that your loot system and itemization need an overhaul. For a game that's so grindy to have such an abysmal, horribly punishing loot system to make play time sometimes days on end feel completely unrewarding is just sad.

The fact that you jump into the forums and drop a little quip about it is borderline disgusting.

That's just my personal opinion of course, and my opinion of Blizzard as a whole continues to decline.

Dang, dude. If you were to negatively spin his statement any more, time would start going backwards.

Edit: By the way, neither his nor the OP's posts had anything to do with "the loot system nor itemization." Sheesh.
Edited by Bird#1227 on 2/25/2013 4:53 PM PST
Reply Quote

Just the fact that you can come in here and post that screams that your loot system and itemization need an overhaul. For a game that's so grindy to have such an abysmal, horribly punishing loot system to make play time sometimes days on end feel completely unrewarding is just sad.

The fact that you jump into the forums and drop a little quip about it is borderline disgusting.

That's just my personal opinion of course, and my opinion of Blizzard as a whole continues to decline.

Dang, dude. If you were to negatively spin Blizz statements any more, time would start going backwards.

haha yeah; the post crack me up since there are some people that will complain about anything. I remember when Blizzard released an anniversary page for Diablo and some people were complaining over that. Sad individuals :)
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Sorry. I've spent years watching blue posters for Blizzard games be flippant about issues that are important to their players. A business only acts like that when they don't have any direct competition, and they got that way because of WoW.

This game isn't WoW.

The OP asked if the legendary drop rates had been nerfed. A game designer responded and said no.

That was neither flippant nor did it have anything to do with Wow.
Reply Quote
The OP asked if the legendary drop rates had been nerfed. A game designer responded and said no.

That was neither flippant nor did it have anything to do with Wow.

Was his text blue? He was a blue poster. Historically the designers are the ones that post with the worst attitude.

And yeah, I took it as flippant given the general attitude towards the RNG aspect of loot and drop rates. You know what they say about opinions, right?

You need to lighten up, or the evil eye of the RNG will turn on you next. :p
Reply Quote
I found the skorn on my WIZ yesterday, first 'real' upgrade in a hellish long time. drops are fine...
Reply Quote
View profile

you like haiku better?

when the evil eye
makes your luck and loot run bad
voodoo will change things
Edited by Morogoth#1321 on 2/25/2013 6:10 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]