Diablo® III

Legendaries drop rate nerfed after 1.0.7.???

02/25/2013 10:09 PMPosted by Ryaskybird
Sort of like tossing dice. The outcomes are limited by the number of sides each die has, but the results of the tosses are still random.

But that dice is being manipulated to perceived as a "random events"
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
02/25/2013 10:15 PMPosted by Immortal
Sort of like tossing dice. The outcomes are limited by the number of sides each die has, but the results of the tosses are still random.

But that dice is being manipulated to perceived as a "random events"

Whatever, dude. You're being deliberately obtuse, but, you know what? Keep on claiming that Blizz is the master manipulator if it makes you happy.
Reply Quote
02/25/2013 04:36 PMPosted by Travis Day
Drop rates on legendary items hasn't been altered, although when the random generator turns an evil eye on you sometimes it feels otherwise.

Hey Travis, I don't play as often as others. But when i play i would like to be able to get something for my time. with the way randomization is in this game you could have nothing but legendaries drop and we still would only get one good item out of 100 drop.

here is how you should design the loot system, Remove the AH from the game, and design drops based on a AH-less game. WE "should" be able to gear our characters while we play, each level of MP should increase the quality of the items dropping.

Like i said to start out I don't play as often as some, I work two jobs and have a family to take care of. i don't have time to farm 10 hours a day like some people, just to have a "chance" of an item to drop that's worth more than vendor price. This game should be rewarding to the casual players just the same as it is to the kids that can play 10 hours a day. I'm not asking to be a gold billionaire. but I'm asking that the game be tooled properly so that i don't have to spend real life money as a requisite in order to advance in this game. That is exactly the system that is in place right now, and everyone knows it.

seriously man, the random generator's evil eye is permanently fixed on my ~butt~. I really wish you folks could track who gets what for drops because if you could i would love you to look at my toon and take the evil eye off me man.

I dont want to but im seriously about to quit playing the game because i cant get any love from the loot system. In a game that is all about the loot, where is the fun in getting nothing but garbage?
Edited by Utsu#1149 on 2/25/2013 10:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
Played this game since start, and i am 100% sure that the dropsrate have been reduced. Played it to much now, cant be RNG. It was reduced before 1.07. When i had lower paragonlevel i got more drops also. I have a friend with low paragon level and almost no magic find while i m on a high paragon level and with alot of magic find gear. Hes the one gettin the legs. I think blizz have made some error with the whole magic find/paragon system or just reduced it for the vets and lettin the kids and noobs gettin da good stuff.
Reply Quote
So tired of seeing RNG is RNG. It kinda sucks that it's RNG FIRST for an item to drop PERIOD, THEN it's even more RNG for it to roll not like a piece of garbage. Crap gets really frustrating after so much "RNG". It would be nice if they finally fixed itemization so that when RNG happens in your favor of an item dropping, it doesnt have a 99.99999999% chance to roll like a dog turd.
Reply Quote
make magic find/paragon level matter for crying out loud
Reply Quote
02/25/2013 10:32 PMPosted by Utsu
Drop rates on legendary items hasn't been altered, although when the random generator turns an evil eye on you sometimes it feels otherwise.

Hey Travis, I don't play as often as others. But when i play i would like to be able to get something for my time. with the way randomization is in this game you could have nothing but legendaries drop and we still would only get one good item out of 100 drop.

here is how you should design the loot system, Remove the AH from the game, and design drops based on a AH-less game. WE "should" be able to gear our characters while we play, each level of MP should increase the quality of the items dropping.

Like i said to start out I don't play as often as some, I work two jobs and have a family to take care of. i don't have time to farm 10 hours a day like some people, just to have a "chance" of an item to drop that's worth more than vendor price. This game should be rewarding to the casual players just the same as it is to the kids that can play 10 hours a day. I'm not asking to be a gold billionaire. but I'm asking that the game be tooled properly so that i don't have to spend real life money as a requisite in order to advance in this game. That is exactly the system that is in place right now, and everyone knows it.

seriously man, the random generator's evil eye is permanently fixed on my ~butt~. I really wish you folks could track who gets what for drops because if you could i would love you to look at my toon and take the evil eye off me man.

I dont want to but im seriously about to quit playing the game because i cant get any love from the loot system. In a game that is all about the loot, where is the fun in getting nothing but garbage?

See, the first thing the fanboys and blues will tell you, is that's what the RMAH is for, to crack open that wallet from those two jobs. I feel ya. I believe the same. People think the AH is a godsend, I agree with you.
Reply Quote
Whatever, dude. You're being deliberately obtuse, but, you know what? Keep on claiming that Blizz is the master manipulator if it makes you happy.

Well, Blizzard programmers did write the code...

So tired of seeing RNG is RNG. It kinda sucks that it's RNG FIRST for an item to drop PERIOD, THEN it's even more RNG for it to roll not like a piece of garbage. Crap gets really frustrating after so much "RNG". It would be nice if they finally fixed itemization so that when RNG happens in your favor of an item dropping, it doesnt have a 99.99999999% chance to roll like a dog turd.

Blizzard has auction houses to protect and profits to make. The dog turds will keep on dropping and you shall pick them up!
Reply Quote
i believe so,because i have seen none since the patch,and the same with my friends, its all like that,but the sellers still get theirs.
Reply Quote
02/25/2013 11:17 PMPosted by LordBaku
i believe so,because i have seen none since the patch,and the same with my friends, its all like that,but the sellers still get theirs.

Well the obvious answer is that Blizzard has flagged every single account beside that of the sellers just to make their money.

In all seriousness though, if Blizzard did actually nerf the drop-rate like people claim, not a single person would be getting a legendary, period. Since every patch, there will be some that claim its been done. At this point, if its been done so many times, none of us would be getting any.

That would be the case unless the people with the anecdotal evidence claim that their experience matters where else all the other claims were wrong.
Reply Quote
I was getting 2-4 Legendary's / 30 min run prior to the 1.07 patch. But since the patch i have seen exactly 1 legendary and i have put in probably 30 hours of play time. Something has changed, either there is a bug thats effecting a part of the player base or they nerfed drop rates, but for those of us like myself that dont play much its very noticeable.

not just legendary drop rates either. but overall rare quality feels like its much lower too. I would get at least one good rare per day, I haven't had one since patch.
Edited by Utsu#1149 on 2/25/2013 11:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
i tend to average a legendary every lv and im lv 53 paragon, farmed 7 lvs this week and got about 7 legendarys (1 legendary out of about 6 farm runs of a3mp2
Reply Quote
You guys know Travis Day is an actual dev right? Why are you arguing with a dev about a mechanic that he actually worked on? Common ppl, let's move along..

Not quite sure why ppl make a fuss about legendary drops these days anyway, if you want 15k gold just go kill 20 monsters, you really don't need that brimstone trust me.
Reply Quote
Dang, dude. If you were to negatively spin his statement any more, time would start going backwards.

lol

This forum is typically pretty depressing, but occasionally there is some glimmer of hope.
Reply Quote
I hate to say Rng is Rng but yesterday I did an act 3 through 4 run and the first run I got 2 greens and 4 legendary's. I never wanted the run to stop. Then I ID'd the items..........promptly quit for a bit because they were completely useless even the set pieces.

The very next run Nada. I love seeing the pillars when they drop, its sad though when you cant count on a green Item to be useful to sell anymore. But that being said I ALWAYS love the feeling of seeing a pillar hit the ground, useful or not.
Reply Quote
02/25/2013 06:47 PMPosted by SSmashedBros
You couldn't find a similar post? Is this your first time here OP?

well in all honesty, you can say that...I'm not that much here...too lazy for this kind of staff, but had to complain since I felt something odd about this thing....didn't play much since my last post (2 days ago I think), think I've done just one run through act 2 (black canyon mines, path of alcarnus, oasis, desolate sands), found just one crappy legendary ring (stone of jordan)...will try today Raoha's act 3 run and will see what happens....
Reply Quote
02/25/2013 04:36 PMPosted by Travis Day
skill tree, ladder system, endless dungeons, more item diversity FIX this obamanation known as Diablo 3 please.
Reply Quote
Three days ago I found 10 legs in one day 7 of them in 2 hours. Granted they were not the epic ones every one seems to play this game for, but 4 of them made small upgrades to my toons. I did not have over 300mf. They were dropping like crazy. The funny thing is once I went up a Plvl they stopped dropping and now I am back to the usual 0-2 a day. Lucky streak, or something with having a perfect MF% (should have made note of what that was (tin hat)) Oh, and I was only on MP1.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]