Diablo® III

Legendaries drop rate nerfed after 1.0.7.???

No I'm not.. it means exactly what I said: The parameters in which RNG can operate can change.

For example, suppose every time an item is dropped a roll of 1-100 is made and 100 always guarantees a legendary; there is nothing stopping them from now making rolls 91-100 guaranteed legendaries.

Yes the likelyhood of somebody getting legendary items increased 10 fold.. BUT that does not mean they will still get anything.. that's where RNG takes into effect. The greater chance is there, but you still may walk away with squat. Spread these parameters across say 100,000 people playing, more legendaries will drop.

Blizzard can change those values any given time they want, with ease. Some people for whatever reason are having a very difficult time understanding that...

The option is there for them to do it, anybody with common sense can see it, but there are still some people that think their beloved blizzard would never do it... yep keep living under that rock.

You are confusing RNG with probability.
Reply Quote
02/28/2013 07:24 PMPosted by Deadlysynz
But a dev already has said that they haven't changed anything, so take off the tinfoil hat.

So now your taking what they are saying face value, your assuming that Blizzard would never do this.. even despite the slew of lies they've fed us at times.. Keep living under that rock...

Bashiok already stated I believe in 3 separate post that drops are factored into the AH and that they don't want people gearing up too fast or too many things on the AH at once... Before you ask.. just go look it up, I'm sure you'll find it buried on the forums somewhere or google it.

Unfortunately, I don't believe it's even possible to get through to people like you. You can't teach common sense.. sadly.

First of all you don't understand the difference between RNG and probability.

Second, you take what Bashiok (a community manager) says as "the truth" but disregard what a dev and Wyatt Cheng have to say?

LOL common sense. That's funny coming from someone who's wearing a tinfoil hat.
Reply Quote
Some say found nothing, some say legs are raining... well, have you ever heard about the loot servers?
If you find 3 legs in 1 run, that's a luck because you got on the right server. But many servers don't give you nothing, but garbage, even yellows are worthless, none can be sold. (Some of them are level 58 items, I used to find those before the patch in Act 1, not in Act 3!!)
Imho Blizzard nerfed the drop rate, but running some serves with rewarding drop rate. Why? Because this way they will always get supported by the players who get access to these servers. Nerfing the drops on all servers would be way to evident.
Reply Quote
View profile
02/25/2013 04:45 PMPosted by Gunny
Drop rates on legendary items hasn't been altered, although when the random generator turns an evil eye on you sometimes it feels otherwise.

Just the fact that you can come in here and post that screams that your loot system and itemization need an overhaul. For a game that's so grindy to have such an abysmal, horribly punishing loot system to make play time sometimes days on end feel completely unrewarding is just sad.

The fact that you jump into the forums and drop a little quip about it is borderline disgusting.

That's just my personal opinion of course, and my opinion of Blizzard as a whole continues to decline.

The fact that you play this game "days on end" looking for a feeling of reward, is a little depressing. This is just a game.
Reply Quote
Some say found nothing, some say legs are raining... well, have you ever heard about the loot servers?
If you find 3 legs in 1 run, that's a luck because you got on the right server. But many servers don't give you nothing, but garbage, even yellows are worthless, none can be sold. (Some of them are level 58 items, I used to find those before the patch in Act 1, not in Act 3!!)
Imho Blizzard nerfed the drop rate, but running some serves with rewarding drop rate. Why? Because this way they will always get supported by the players who get access to these servers. Nerfing the drops on all servers would be way to evident.

Or maybe the results are just random.
Reply Quote
I love how people think there is some RNG thing that spits out items with attributes, as if its not a highly modifiable asset that Blizzard designed and controls exclusively.

This game is essentially online gamboling, except Blizzard is 10 years ahead of legislative precedent (law student here...). Mark my words, in 10 years, things like D3 will have regulations etc governing RNG code, drop rates, exchange rates, price floors for gold, gem market manipulation, just to name a few potential problems.

Right now, no one is looking. But just like Vegas, the sun will set on the era of unregulated customer !@#$ing. A new era of regulated customer %^-*ing will then ensue.

But at least it will be called gamboling, and not Gaming.
Edited by Treckin#1892 on 3/1/2013 10:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
Guys

I have never posted on these forums because nothing has ever really frustrated me enough to bother.

But this loot system is garbage.

I put in the time to get to Paragon 100.. it was a long mental grind and I don't think I could do it again.

All along there was a carrot hanging over my head in the form of "phat loot". Even though I noticed that every Paragon level I completed, it seemed as if though I got less loot, I thought don't worry... its worth it! Paragon 100.. Legendaries will fall from the sky ! Boy was I wrong....

So after 600+ hours invested in my Barb I am stuck. I cannot afford end game items because nothing drops. At this point I am trying to wean myself off the game.. I still do about 3 - 4 MP10 runs per day at 625 MF with nothing to show. But ultimately I have wasted a ton of time on a game that has no reward for farming higher MP levels or for being Paragon 100.

(I haven't mentioned the countless times I have been scammed with items as well)

So if you are playing this game thinking that getting to Paragon 100 will increase your odds of getting loot... think again. IT GETS WORSE.
Reply Quote
well, after a week of almost no legs (1 in 5 days). I logged in last night, played for 2hrs and I got 7 legendaries, I mean 7 brimstones.

when I go legs/sets hunting I go MP7 (550%)

After 10 months, I do understand how the rng works and I do not complain when I cannot find legendaries with 550% MF, because it's all about %'s
Reply Quote
I noticed a disturbing upsurge in frostburns for the past 3 days...
Reply Quote
02/25/2013 04:36 PMPosted by Travis Day
Drop rates on legendary items hasn't been altered, although when the random generator turns an evil eye on you sometimes it feels otherwise.
Reply Quote
I keep track and drop rates for legendary have changed - I get alot less now then before but I still have max magic find. And what tops it all off is that the quality has also been changed for the worse. The amount of 2h weapons is way too much to be random. It is like they are being forced to drop more often. Really this game which should depend on drops to improve you character like D1 and D2 did should be fixed soon. WE are losing to many good people that are just getting way to frustrated of never seeing anything that will improve their character. And why is there so many drops that like give you on a barb item (it is on all specific character items also) gives you everything but strength as a barb item with high int and dex and no str is useless.
Reply Quote
03/05/2013 11:48 AMPosted by charliedog
I keep track and drop rates for legendary have changed - I get alot less now then before but I still have max magic find.

No matter what your sample size this community will not find it to be sufficient. Just let these threads die.
Reply Quote
Dear Designer,

Thank you for keep all of us especially your one fan among many fans very happy with your game designing. I love everything from items to weapons equipments and characters. PLEASE keep the three colors blue yellow and dark shaded brown (legendary) I love how legendary items shown a shy so high up to the sky...Please don't change that okay and keep the three colors I look forward every time playing the game.

Your fan,
Landon
Reply Quote
U guys are crazy ... Its like 30% chance to drop item after u kill a monster... Multiply that by .02% for it to b a lege. N multiply that by .001% for it to be useful... Now you can thank AH for this... And blizz ofc
Reply Quote
Yes, drop rates have changed! I am Paragon 88 and MAXED-OUT on MF gear (525% on MP6 w/ 5 NV) for my farming runs in Act III Inferno. I normally get 4-5 Legendaries per run, but now (past week) I am lucky to get one (1)! I ran ALL of Act III & Act IV yesterday without stopping and got 1 Legendary... a cheap pair of gloves that I salvaged! Really ticking me off!!!

Come on Blizz!
Reply Quote
I have hit a dry spell myself. I have many times. I know it will turn around, it always does.

Why do ppl feel ENTITLED to awesome drops every run?
Reply Quote
View profile
Legendary drops rates are fine, the rolls and quality of them need a major overhaul. I'm looking forward to the Itemization changes.
Reply Quote
They clearly did alter the drop rate. Think about it it's all in preparation for the itemization update. They plan on reducing the drop rate in exchange for better dropped items. They arnt going to imply that change over night. the game went from
From getting 1-4 legends per hour to getting one once every two days if your lucky. So they are slowly widleing down the drop rate so it's not a sudden punch in the face when we finally have the itemization update
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]