Diablo® III

Legendaries drop rate nerfed after 1.0.7.???

Guys

I have never posted on these forums because nothing has ever really frustrated me enough to bother.

But this loot system is garbage.

I put in the time to get to Paragon 100.. it was a long mental grind and I don't think I could do it again.

All along there was a carrot hanging over my head in the form of "phat loot". Even though I noticed that every Paragon level I completed, it seemed as if though I got less loot, I thought don't worry... its worth it! Paragon 100.. Legendaries will fall from the sky ! Boy was I wrong....

So after 600+ hours invested in my Barb I am stuck. I cannot afford end game items because nothing drops. At this point I am trying to wean myself off the game.. I still do about 3 - 4 MP10 runs per day at 625 MF with nothing to show. But ultimately I have wasted a ton of time on a game that has no reward for farming higher MP levels or for being Paragon 100.

(I haven't mentioned the countless times I have been scammed with items as well)

So if you are playing this game thinking that getting to Paragon 100 will increase your odds of getting loot... think again. IT GETS WORSE.

Dude, while I do agree drops are bad, your barb is pretty much endgame. You can't get THAT much better than that without a lot of effort/cash. You're looking for very high endgame gear, and that's extremely rare and expensive. You have nothing to show because your expectations are too high, and I bet that you could quite easily find/buy upgrades for my 150 hours Monk. Also, you have many crafted pieces, which means you upgraded you character recently.

You reached the regular endgame with your barb, start another character ! Or grind with your barb for another char ! Or find alternative builds or whatever.

There are a few people with over 300k DPS, but to achieve that you have to devote your life (or credit card) to D3.

PS : I agree that Paragon is pointless, that's why I have personnaly never cared about it.
Edited by Mist3rHyde#2460 on 3/13/2013 7:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I've had droughts, yesterday I had 6 legs/set items drop in the space of a couple hours, sure, most were brimstone worthy, but a couple I gave to friends for their use. They really do need to tighten up the rolls though, most don't seem all that legendary.
Reply Quote
View profile
They clearly didn't. I had 8 crappy ones drop in a 2 hour period last night.
Reply Quote
Stop calling them Lengadary they are anything BUT Legendary items. Call them brown items.
Reply Quote
RNG is RNG but RNG is broken. Drop rates are clearly subpar along with drop quality. Grind for hours find nothing but maybe an Ivory Tower. Forums can say what they want and what they will but Drop Rates have been lowered. Hands down take off your believe what Blizz says tinfoil.
Reply Quote
02/25/2013 04:45 PMPosted by Gunny
Drop rates on legendary items hasn't been altered, although when the random generator turns an evil eye on you sometimes it feels otherwise.

Just the fact that you can come in here and post that screams that your loot system and itemization need an overhaul. For a game that's so grindy to have such an abysmal, horribly punishing loot system to make play time sometimes days on end feel completely unrewarding is just sad.

The fact that you jump into the forums and drop a little quip about it is borderline disgusting.

That's just my personal opinion of course, and my opinion of Blizzard as a whole continues to decline.

You realize diablo 2 was the exact same way. I played for hundreds upon hundreds of hours, found a couple high lvl runes, that's it. Never found an SoJ. Random loot is random. Don't want random loot? Play WoW.
Reply Quote
You realize diablo 2 was the exact same way. I played for hundreds upon hundreds of hours, found a couple high lvl runes, that's it. Never found an SoJ. Random loot is random. Don't want random loot? Play WoW.[/quote]

You realize you are in the minority. Loot system is trash compared to D2. Like Gunny said--> Opinion of Blizzard as whole is in steep decline.
Reply Quote
I love the fact that noone responded to that guy who posted all the code on random number generation on page 3.
Reply Quote
03/16/2013 03:29 AMPosted by Fatman
I love the fact that noone responded to that guy who posted all the code on random number generation on page 3.

Haha I was thinking the same thing....I just re-read it....It's mind blowing how stupid some people can get on here when it comes to the whole RNG debate.

:P
Edited by Shurgosa#1196 on 3/16/2013 5:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/16/2013 05:17 AMPosted by Shurgosa

Haha I was thinking the same thing....I just re-read it....It's mind blowing how stupid some people can get on here when it comes to the whole RNG debate.

:P

Or the fact that noone responds to actual, well reasoned posts, but rather prefers entering flame -wars based on biased and inaccurate information, oh wait, that's just like politics.
Reply Quote
You know how you can tell that the random drops in D3 are truly random? People !@#$% about them all the time.

I remember back in vanilla WoW when proc rates on weapon enchants and windfury and other stuff was actually random. People ^-*!@ed 24/7 because when something is truly random you have no idea what's actually going to happen. So Blizz changed it to be based on a proc/minute ratio to stop people from #$%^-ing.

Riot did the same thing with crit chance in League of Legends.

You can always tell that RNG isn't smoothed out when you see people complaining.

Being a Pen and Paper RPG player, I am a fan of rolling dice and can tell you that streaks of bad luck happen and they suck and it's made up for by streaks of good luck.
Reply Quote
You know how you can tell that the random drops in D3 are truly random? People !@#$% about them all the time.

I remember back in vanilla WoW when proc rates on weapon enchants and windfury and other stuff was actually random. People ^-*!@ed 24/7 because when something is truly random you have no idea what's actually going to happen. So Blizz changed it to be based on a proc/minute ratio to stop people from #$%^-ing.

Riot did the same thing with crit chance in League of Legends.

You can always tell that RNG isn't smoothed out when you see people complaining.

Being a Pen and Paper RPG player, I am a fan of rolling dice and can tell you that streaks of bad luck happen and they suck and it's made up for by streaks of good luck.

Yeh lol, and things that are not random would be something like The Unstoppable Force, stun proc chained wayy too often. I remember playing D2 and the drop rates were actually about as hard as it is today.

People complain that items don't feel epic etc etc, they will never feel epic if they increase the drop rates.
Reply Quote
I have noticed a change in the rate in which legs drop lately. Before 1.0.7 I would find 3-8 legs every day, but nine out of every ten would suck and I would have to turn them into a brimestone. Also I was getting 3-5 yellows per elite pack I killed. Now I find 1-2 every week or so, even though I have gained 15 paragon levels, have more dps, and more magic find. And now I got 3 yellows to drop at the most, or not at all when a elite pack goes down. And now every leg I find is terrible and is turned into a brimestone. Farming and magic find is useless, its all luck. I have found probably about 150 total since the day the game came out and only 2 were able to sell for millions. Farming is pretty terrible,and mf doesnt help anything. I still have fun in pvp and playing with friends, but the farming is getting old, plus everything even the bad items in the AH are way overpriced!
Reply Quote
Aren't you thankful?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
02/25/2013 04:49 PMPosted by VitaminEZ
Just the fact that you can come in here and post that screams that your loot system and itemization need an overhaul.

RNG IS RNG?

do you even know what RNG means? let alone how it works?.........please delete yourself.
Reply Quote
I too have had bad luck with drops - observe - bad luck. That's what it is. Some people are winners, others are not, it's the fact of life. I've played since day one and have gotten one drop that sold for 400 million and I've used it to build my toons, but then - nothing. Am I a bit bitter? Yes, who wouldn't be, but i can cry about it or don't give up, these are the choices I've got. And I'm certainly not the crying kind :) The day I find a cc Mempo, I'll be sure to buy a scratch ticket!

On a side note, nowadays when everyone is crafting, nothing sells on the AH anyway. The only way to get some cash is to find a nice wep or an incredibly good leg.
With that said, happy hunting!
Reply Quote
I got a butchers cleaver and a sever last night doing key runs. neither one got good rolls but still.
Reply Quote
I just gotten 3 legendries from Deep Keep lv 2 and 3. So uhmmm, nope.
Reply Quote
I too have had bad luck with drops - observe - bad luck. That's what it is. Some people are winners, others are not, it's the fact of life. I've played since day one and have gotten one drop that sold for 400 million and I've used it to build my toons, but then - nothing. Am I a bit bitter? Yes, who wouldn't be, but i can cry about it or don't give up, these are the choices I've got. And I'm certainly not the crying kind :) The day I find a cc Mempo, I'll be sure to buy a scratch ticket!

On a side note, nowadays when everyone is crafting, nothing sells on the AH anyway. The only way to get some cash is to find a nice wep or an incredibly good leg.
With that said, happy hunting!

why did you necro this month-old thread? -_- smh
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]