Diablo® III

Why can Wall of Light, Rend, and Haunt

go through walls? Isn't that what the barriers are for so we can seek shelter? As a DH, we have no real place to protect our squishy selves if all the attacks go through or around walls.
Reply Quote
I'm not sure about Rend and Haunt but for Wall of Light...
y'know, it's Wall of Light.
Reply Quote
I remember the good old days when Evasive Fire could go through anything.
Reply Quote
Good point, they should fix that wall banging.
Reply Quote
View profile
I know haunt does get stopped by a lot of the walls on the map. it does go by small objects though, if I managed to have my curser on my target when I launch it. also the haunt rune I use is specifically because it seems to me that it has better pathing than the others and its harder to see which helps hide my position.

also some walls have windows in them which you can shoot through with very precise aim

If your feelin jelly as a dh, some practice with hungering arrow will sooth your soul.
Edited by ChuckNorris#1885 on 2/26/2013 8:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
I know haunt does get stopped by a lot of the walls on the map. it does go by small objects though

WD wallbangs with haunt all day. I've seen it countless times. They can even haunt you offscreen somehow. Nobody's talking about small objects for that matter. (although a simple rock or piece of wood can block a barbs jump or a wizards TP/Spell which is just plain ridiculous)
Edited by alpahc#2190 on 2/27/2013 4:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
Haven't had my rend go threw walls. Wish it did. Also don't be squishy and you wont die.
Reply Quote
View profile
Yea I spend all morning PvPin. Rend can't go threw walls. /end thread.
Reply Quote
02/27/2013 08:13 AMPosted by Abomb247
Yea I spend all morning PvPin. Rend can't go threw walls. /end thread.

Really? I've been hit multiple times before. Maybe they fixed it. I do know that Wall of light does go though walls cause I was just standing there and half my life went down.
Reply Quote
View profile
02/27/2013 04:13 AMPosted by alpahc
I know haunt does get stopped by a lot of the walls on the map. it does go by small objects though

WD wallbangs with haunt all day. I've seen it countless times. They can even haunt you offscreen somehow. Nobody's talking about small objects for that matter. (although a simple rock or piece of wood can block a barbs jump or a wizards TP/Spell which is just plain ridiculous)

contrary to what you might believe, haunt does not actually go through walls, and you must have your target in sight and aimed at when you hit the button to fire it. what haunt does do is determine a hit or miss at the time of or shortly after it is fired, and will track the player during its travel animation if it is a hit. so If you are moving very fast it is sometimes possible to get hit by a clean shot of haunt then move behind a while while you are already hit and the animation will like like its hittin you behind a wall. Also most dh do not understand how vault works and effects their hitbox, which might add further confusion to this matter.

also I can assure you wd has many silly attacks the get stopped by the smallest shrub on the map
Edited by ChuckNorris#1885 on 2/27/2013 1:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/27/2013 01:17 PMPosted by ChuckNorris

contrary to what you might believe, haunt does not actually go through walls, and you must have your target in sight and aimed at when you hit the button to fire it. what haunt does do is determine a hit or miss at the time of or shortly after it is fired, and will track the player during its travel animation if it is a hit. so If you are moving very fast it is sometimes possible to get hit by a clean shot of haunt then move behind a while while you are already hit and the animation will like like its hittin you behind a wall. Also most dh do not understand how vault works and effects their hitbox, which might add further confusion to this matter.

also I can assure you wd has many silly attacks the get stopped by the smallest shrub on the map

We did a test a while back with some random WD I met in a public game. I would be in the upper side of the wall and he downside. He had no problem haunting me. Even storm armor wouldn't reach him through this wall but his haunt would.
Reply Quote
haunt, spirit barage can pierce though wall tho thats the facts.
Reply Quote
rend doesn't go through walls, can't say the same for the other 2 tho.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]