Diablo® III

The PC is dead?

Blizzard smart to produce a game that can be played on more than one platform. Expose the awesomeness of D3 to more people!

Next up, D3 for tablets and smartphones!
Reply Quote
02/21/2013 11:14 PMPosted by TaKtiCz
12 million sales = PC dead? Fanboy logic is ridiculous.

Lol was thinking the same thing, what a stupid moronic topic, shows the mentality of many of the posters here.
Reply Quote
LoL would like to have a word with you
Reply Quote
PC is not dead and won't be any time soon.
Reply Quote
02/21/2013 11:17 PMPosted by Tjsno

Huge difference between sales and current active player base.

Approx 1.5 million players online every evening is active enough for me.
Reply Quote

Approx 1.5 million players online every evening is active enough for me.

Fair enough. Was making a statement that sales are a poor way to judge how many people play now, compared to release state, prior dates, even now.

And I'm assuming those numbers are actually accurate.
Edited by Tjsno#1893 on 2/21/2013 11:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/21/2013 11:13 PMPosted by Plutarch
To be honest, the PC is sorta dying. Look at every electronic store and go the personal computer section. What do you see? Laptops, smart phones, tablets, "notebooks", and PC's that are so small you would second guess them being desktop PC's to begin with. The big bulky machines of the 1990's and 2K's are becoming an endangered species. Sure you'll still need them for super heavy number crunching or for 3D design. But PC gaming of the future will be on smartphones and tablets.

This is true to a degree but it is naive to think it is equivalent to the floppy disk being slowly killed off by the USB flash drive.
Reply Quote

Just because they may not play any more doesn't mean they don't still own a computer...and use it.
Edited by BannedName#1439 on 2/22/2013 12:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/21/2013 11:13 PMPosted by Plutarch
To be honest, the PC is sorta dying. Look at every electronic store and go the personal computer section. What do you see? Laptops, smart phones, tablets, "notebooks", and PC's that are so small you would second guess them being desktop PC's to begin with. The big bulky machines of the 1990's and 2K's are becoming an endangered species. Sure you'll still need them for super heavy number crunching or for 3D design. But PC gaming of the future will be on smartphones and tablets.

You're basically saying that a computer has to be "large" in the hardware that makes it to be considered a "PC" ?? Soon tablets and what not are going to have all the same hardware and processors of PCs. The PC isn't going anywhere its just getting smaller.
Reply Quote

FPS & RTS players want to show you something: it's right in the middle of their hand.
Edited by Shimeone#2905 on 2/22/2013 1:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
I own a big !@# computer. 90% of my gaming is done on it. Am I the outlier? I play LoL and PoE a lot. The only console game I'm playing right now is Blops 2 and it doesn't happen very often. PC gaming will only get stronger in the coming years with all of the BS that companies are pulling with console games (IE need to pay $10 to play the game on a different ID) I fell that's BS in the first place and will drive more sales towards PC. Hopefully more companies start making actual pc games and not just games that port over to console. My pc has a 6 core 3.3ghz processor with 16 gb of ram. Not 512mb like the consoles :/
Reply Quote
PC gaming has been growing significantly over the past 5 years vs consoles. and it's still growing and becoming more popular. What are you smoking TS
Reply Quote
Lol at this topic... makes me think of all the industry greats who said the same thing over the last decade only to eat their words shortly afterwards.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]