Diablo® III

The PC is dead?

While this may be one of the worst ARPG of all times.

Hint 1 award for sound and nothing else while games like Torchlight 2 destroyed Diablo 3 in awards.

If you ignore that fact, Playing D3 on a console with a controller laid back on a couch and on a big TV actually cannot be touched.

Sitting behind a desk is garbage compared to the experience of a couch and big screen tv.
Reply Quote

I think you are my favorite CM ^-^.

Although I don't agree with all of Blizzard's design decisions for this game, it still made me play it for over 250 hours, so I got my moneys worth. Maybe when the PS4 launches, who knows, I might even buy it just to play in front of my giant tv with a controller.

I’ve had a chance to play the PlayStation version of Diablo III, and one of the aspects that is really appealing to me is the idea of just being able to sit around with a bunch of friends and slay demons (and sass each other because, c’mon, that’s half the fun of playing with friends), so I’ll definitely be playing both versions.

If you’re curious about the PlayStation version, though, you should know that we plan to offer a hands-on demos at PAX East in Boston. So if you’re in the area, you should totally check it out for yourself!

How would the PS version work? Do they need to own a copy of the game as well? I would be fun if we only needed 1 copy for 4 people on 1 PS4.
Reply Quote
Ok all, I'm going to put my knowledge in this discussion. I work for a HUGE telecom company. The president of the united states has given billions to us, and a FEW others tho build out a FREE gigabit wireless network, nation wide. Why? To support the future of computing, the cloud. The future is always connected to the cloud devices, no local data storage on devices, just a way to get info off cloud servers. This is very real!
Reply Quote
I see that Blizzard is expanding to console games, wich i think is great by the way.but what i want to know is,are you(Blizzard) making D3 exclusive to playstation only,or is there going to be a version for xbox down the road as well?
Reply Quote
Blizzard smart to produce a game that can be played on more than one platform. Expose the awesomeness of D3 to more people!

Next up, D3 for tablets and smartphones!

To be honest, the PC is sorta dying. Look at every electronic store and go the personal computer section. What do you see? Laptops, smart phones, tablets, "notebooks", and PC's that are so small you would second guess them being desktop PC's to begin with. The big bulky machines of the 1990's and 2K's are becoming an endangered species. Sure you'll still need them for super heavy number crunching or for 3D design. But PC gaming of the future will be on smartphones and tablets.
LOL. You have no idea what your talking about. Which is why gimmicky !@#$ is so successfully.
Reply Quote
02/25/2013 01:36 PMPosted by CardinalMDM
We love the idea of being able to have Diablo III on multiple platforms, especially since Blizzard’s roots are actually in console gaming. From Rock ‘N Roll Racing to Lost Vikings to Blackthorne, Blizzard Entertainment actually started off as a console developer. With Diablo III, we’re just excited to expand our audience and have the opportunity to let console gamers brave the battlefields of Sanctuary (or in some cases, return to Sanctuary, if they played first Diablo on the original PlayStation). It’s also exciting for us to think that this may be the first time that some players have the chance to experience a Blizzard game, too! :)

What a lot of snarky folks in this forum (with their "this game isn't smart enough for me" mentality) often forget is that is that there aren't a lot of 4-player local co-op rpgs for consoles. Last really fun one I can think of is both Champions of Norrath games, and while neither one was particularly "complex" or "deep," both still really scratched a particular itch for 4-player local co-op monster killing.

So really...PC-exclusive players can say D3 doesn't match up to "the Diablo Standard" all they like, but console exclusive gamers who want a solid, action-packed dungeon crawl to play with three friends? They just got a quality game announced. This game will scratch that itch, and it will sell. It'll sell like hotcakes.

Yes, Diablo 1 was on PS1, but while Diablo 1 was a great PC game, the PS1 port wasn't terrific, mainly because even the PC graphics weren't spectacular to look at. Diablo 3 on PS4 will likely be of great graphic quality, at least as good as the PC.

I just hope the PS3 version will have at least as smooth quality as on my laptop. Lots of multi-generation releases tend to skimp on a older generation systems, and focus a majority of attention on the newer generation.

Question I've had about the console version is...how will the expansion pack(s) fit in? I'm assuming a hard copy for PC, but will consoles have an expansion available in the Playstation store?

Spot on post Cardinal, Blizzard's decision to allow for local Co-op is great. There are too few RPGS out there that allow for this.
Reply Quote
Didn't realize that I had to play a game for over 1k hours to say I got my moneys worth out of it. Thank you wise and powerful godlike figure for showing me the error of my ways. I will never ever spend anything less than at least 500 hours for each game I buy with my own hard earned money.

As a rebuttal, SOME people will never be satisfied and will always !@#$% and complain about this game while continuing to play it. Glad I'm not a part of that group. So have a nice day :)

how many hours of that 250 did you AFK. just curious.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Blizzard smart to produce a game that can be played on more than one platform. Expose the awesomeness of D3 to more people!

We love the idea of being able to have Diablo III on multiple platforms, especially since Blizzard’s roots are actually in console gaming. From Rock ‘N Roll Racing to Lost Vikings to Blackthorne, Blizzard Entertainment actually started off as a console developer. With Diablo III, we’re just excited to expand our audience and have the opportunity to let console gamers brave the battlefields of Sanctuary (or in some cases, return to Sanctuary, if they played first Diablo on the original PlayStation). It’s also exciting for us to think that this may be the first time that some players have the chance to experience a Blizzard game, too! :)

haha what a load of bologna. BOLOGNA
Reply Quote

While this might be correct we also need to acknowledge that at the time PC's potential as a gaming platform was not there. Most games were made for consoles at that point. Blizzard was one of the companies that made the switch to PC as soon as the potential of PC gaming was realized (Warcraft/Starcraft anyone?).

As we all know, the issue that many gamers are having with D3, is not because the game is being released on PS3-4. It's because console gaming, with it's limited potential, killed the innovation in the market and saturated the industry with mostly mediocre games. Perhaps the disappointment comes from the feeling that one of the most trusted gaming companies (aka Blizzard) of the past may have decided to follow the same path with many others in order to fill their pockets.

D3 is fun. One can spend hours on it without realizing it. But it's not perfect. Perfection was what Blizzard did, the Blizzard of the past. It could have been perfect, and it should have, but it's not.
Reply Quote
Didn't realize that I had to play a game for over 1k hours to say I got my moneys worth out of it. Thank you wise and powerful godlike figure for showing me the error of my ways. I will never ever spend anything less than at least 500 hours for each game I buy with my own hard earned money.

As a rebuttal, SOME people will never be satisfied and will always !@#$% and complain about this game while continuing to play it. Glad I'm not a part of that group. So have a nice day :)

I don't go afk in games. If I'm not at my computer, I don't have a game running. The majority of my play time came from the first two months when the game was still considered to be somewhat challenging. After that I pretty much just stopped playing, and I would only log on every once in awhile to do a few runs and log off.
Reply Quote

I don't go afk in games. If I'm not at my computer, I don't have a game running. The majority of my play time came from the first two months when the game was still considered to be somewhat challenging. After that I pretty much just stopped playing, and I would only log on every once in awhile to do a few runs and log off.

LOL so technically I only have 120 hours played then..., my 80 hours of my DH farming nightmare repeatedly for RMAH money cash out shouldn't count? because at that point I wasn't even playing anymore I was just trying to amass gold. oh dear. sad day when they nerfed urns dropping gold. Makes sense tombs are full of gold. then they removed it. sad day indeed.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 2/25/2013 4:06 PM PST
Reply Quote

There are reasons wow & sc2 could never be ported, namely, thier complexities. I guess in Diablo 3's case, that is far from an issue? Can we expect the d3 expansions parameters to be limited by console as well?
CM's you guys are big on poles, (who's your favorite villian, etc.., how about a pole asking YOUR EXISTING fanbase if we want console version of D3?
gl hf

back around july bashiok said something about a lead director or smething working on console or was just hired for it, then someone else(another official) said that's just a rumor or possibility that it may be going to consoles. At that point I was like OH I SEE. Okay time to just farm it out and quit. (Did so from July To August then went bye)
Reply Quote

LOL so technically I only have 120 hours played then, my 80 hours of my DH farming nightmare repeatedly for RMAH money cash out shouldn't count? because at that point I wasn't even playing anymore I was just trying to amass gold. oh dear.

Not my fault you played the AH instead of the game, but hey do want you want. Still don't see how you came to the conclusion that your farming shouldn't count as playtime though. You sir are confused.
Reply Quote

LOL so technically I only have 120 hours played then, my 80 hours of my DH farming nightmare repeatedly for RMAH money cash out shouldn't count? because at that point I wasn't even playing anymore I was just trying to amass gold. oh dear.

Not my fault you played the AH instead of the game, but hey do want you want. Still don't see how you came to the conclusion that your farming shouldn't count as playtime though. You sir are confused.

I went to play AH to get my money back. Because it was already past the 30day refund time.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]