Diablo® III

The PC is dead?

Community Manager
02/25/2013 03:02 PMPosted by Chickenrot
I see that Blizzard is expanding to console games, wich i think is great by the way.but what i want to know is,are you(Blizzard) making D3 exclusive to playstation only,or is there going to be a version for xbox down the road as well?

We’re glad that you’re pleased that we’re bringing Diablo III to PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4! As far as additional platforms go: we don’t have any further console announcements or partners to share at this time.
Reply Quote
02/25/2013 06:03 PMPosted by Vaeflare
I see that Blizzard is expanding to console games, wich i think is great by the way.but what i want to know is,are you(Blizzard) making D3 exclusive to playstation only,or is there going to be a version for xbox down the road as well?

We’re glad that you’re pleased that we’re bringing Diablo III to PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4! As far as additional platforms go: we don’t have any further console announcements or partners to share at this time.

bad move. Game is dead and buried. Good luck to you with PS thingy.
Reply Quote
Nothing to do with xbox. Just the ideea of Diablo 3 on console, no complexity, no nothing. Should've stayed on PC, make it a great game(it has that potential).A !@#$ty game transfered to PS, so they can get some more cash out of this.Don't get me wrong, i'm not a hater, never was, but it seems everything is going in the wrong direction.I hoped for 8months for improvements on this game, and except patch 1.0.4, all of them were plain %^-*. and I repeat myself: Game is dead and buried. :)
Reply Quote
02/25/2013 06:03 PMPosted by Vaeflare

Wheres the proud to announce PC updates at?
Reply Quote
02/25/2013 03:54 PMPosted by Sigil
Perfection was what Blizzard did, the Blizzard of the past. It could have been perfect, and it should have, but it's not.

+1
Reply Quote
02/25/2013 07:11 PMPosted by Magister
Perfection was what Blizzard did, the Blizzard of the past. It could have been perfect, and it should have, but it's not.

Seems like they still patching out bugs in Diablo 2, so give them time with D3.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6037267083
Reply Quote
02/25/2013 07:20 PMPosted by MerLock
Seems like they still patching out bugs in Diablo 2, so give them time with D3.

Last time I saw, 1.13d is the current patch for D2:LOD, and I've had it since 04-27-2012. So, how you think they're patching bugs with D2 is questionable at best.

As for D3, until I get PC single-player, I can't play it, so I keep watching and waiting to see if they actually provide me a game I can play. Net lag ruined it for me. Dying every few minutes just because the map fails to load (but the mobs can still kill you) is NOT fun. At all. Not even once.
Reply Quote
I wonder if anyone has addressed the fact that phone and tablet hardware is still terrible.

With a PC one isn't required to spend a few hundred dollars every time an upgrade is needed.

How many people know someone with a few tablets, smartphones etc. considered useless and likely not used any more because they are obsolete?
Reply Quote
It's pretty apparent that, eventually, the only folks with powerful tower/DIY boxes will be gamers.

Nobody else cares enough about the specs to put up with building their own rig, or even upgrading their existing box.

Simpler form factors will become more and more prevalent for the majority of regular users, and gamers will always be at the front of the consumer PC tech curve.

I just wish I had the cash to build a new rig. I know I won't have enough for the next 2 years (I have to get my 4th degree and pray it gets me a job this time, and no, that's not a joke).

I like being ahead of the tech curve. I built this box in 2006, and I've upgraded it several times since then (motherboard and video card just this past year due to a burnout). But you can only upgrade so much, and I want to preserve my WinXP box for the next decade...Win7 isn't backwards compatible for a lot of games. That requires a new box, and like I said, I don't have the cash. Crysis 3 and XCOM: EU, I'll miss, because they require WinV at the minimum.

Computers will always be my Lego. :)
Reply Quote
I can stream content onto my tiny mobile device, television and cinema are dead.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Will the angel wings from the collectors edition and bone wings from $60 heart of the swarm be available for ps3/4 characters?
Reply Quote
Last time I saw, 1.13d is the current patch for D2:LOD, and I've had it since 04-27-2012. So, how you think they're patching bugs with D2 is questionable at best.

Well you have to consider what year D2:LOD was released and the last bug patch was 4/27/2012. So give D3 a few years and lets see where it ends up.
Reply Quote
Blizzard smart to produce a game that can be played on more than one platform. Expose the awesomeness of D3 to more people!

We love the idea of being able to have Diablo III on multiple platforms, especially since Blizzard’s roots are actually in console gaming. From Rock ‘N Roll Racing to Lost Vikings to Blackthorne, Blizzard Entertainment actually started off as a console developer. With Diablo III, we’re just excited to expand our audience and have the opportunity to let console gamers brave the battlefields of Sanctuary (or in some cases, return to Sanctuary, if they played first Diablo on the original PlayStation). It’s also exciting for us to think that this may be the first time that some players have the chance to experience a Blizzard game, too! :)

While your roots may have started in very old console games, you are KNOWN for your PC games.
Reply Quote
Are you asking if the 'Desktop' is dead? I think input/output devices allow for maximum control of software on a given hardware system (Keyboards, Mice, and Digital Pens for example). We all also like BIG screens and powerful things. Many people like building their own powerful hardware systems as well.

Though mobile hardware systems are very nice and convenient I seriously doubt anything will trump the desktop or personal computer system. If anything I expect them over time to take over more of the home then just a desk and likely will serve as the home server which shares data with all kind of mobile home devices (like those on a fridge, smart phone, etc...).
Reply Quote
This is the worst argument. Why should D3 take years to make better when they had an amazing game to reference to get the fundamentals right?

Oh wait, because the developers and management didn't understand that D2 was the best ARPG made, and has the best concepts of an ARPG still today yet instead made a console friendly toned down pile of garbage that doesn't hold a light to projects like Path of Exile, Torchlight, D2, or Grim Dawn.

Someone said that the old blizzard is about perfection. I'm just pointing out that they at least until 2012, they were still patching and fixing D2. Who says they aren't about perfecting D3? Like I said, give it a few years.

And if you love all those other games so much and despise D3, why are you even here?/shrug

For me, D3 has improved a lot since what it was at release. Yes, there are still some issues but with the patches it seems like things are headed in the right direction. I understand nothing can be done about the graphics and story but at least they are working on improving the game play.

I hope the story in the expansion will be tons better. *fingers crossed*
Reply Quote
Putting it on console - semi-fail.
Dumbing down PC look so it's that much closer to console - epic fail.
Only doing PS and not XBox/Wii - uberfail. (I for one have a 360, a Wii, and have very little reason to get a ps3, doubt I'll be rushing for a ps4 either.)

You guys almost look like you're working to make yourselves look bad. ("We're putting it on PlayStation, PC, and Mac....and have "no plans" to put it on Xbox or Wii. Expect us back in less than 18 months saying we're putting it on more consoles, especially since less than 18 months ago we had "no plans" on putting D3 on any console. (And definitely we didn't "dumb down the game" so it looked similar on PC and console.)")

Maybe not trying to look bad, but you could at least get your stories straight.
Reply Quote
02/25/2013 09:47 PMPosted by Sandman366
Maybe not trying to look bad, but you could at least get your stories straight.

But.. but .. that would require honesty on the part of a mega corporation... *checks to see if hell has frozen over*... nope not yet... I don't think Blizzard's ready for such. Everything, honesty, lies, both are just calculated tactics/manipulations/spins to generate more interest or profit.. I don't see how this should surprise anyone. With consumers being pampered by past successful titles (a few of which came from Blizzard) I think we've grown to expect a lot (I know I do) out of these companies and if they told us the truth, I don't know how well we'd respond.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]