Diablo® III

The PC is dead?

I keep hearing this type of response as if its automated. They originally did console gaming because computer gaming wasn't a prevalent in that era. Barely anyone owned a computer.
Reply Quote
It's pretty apparent that, eventually, the only folks with powerful tower/DIY boxes will be gamers.

Nobody else cares enough about the specs to put up with building their own rig, or even upgrading their existing box.

Simpler form factors will become more and more prevalent for the majority of regular users, and gamers will always be at the front of the consumer PC tech curve.

I just wish I had the cash to build a new rig. I know I won't have enough for the next 2 years (I have to get my 4th degree and pray it gets me a job this time, and no, that's not a joke).

I like being ahead of the tech curve. I built this box in 2006, and I've upgraded it several times since then (motherboard and video card just this past year due to a burnout). But you can only upgrade so much, and I want to preserve my WinXP box for the next decade...Win7 isn't backwards compatible for a lot of games. That requires a new box, and like I said, I don't have the cash. Crysis 3 and XCOM: EU, I'll miss, because they require WinV at the minimum.

Computers will always be my Lego. :)

FYI ALL of my old game from 1998+ run just fine on win7.
Reply Quote
c'mon blizzard partner up with nintendo and release this on the wii u. With the controller design it could be done perfectly!
Reply Quote
02/25/2013 06:07 PMPosted by Peleus

We’re glad that you’re pleased that we’re bringing Diablo III to PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4! As far as additional platforms go: we don’t have any further console announcements or partners to share at this time.

bad move. Game is dead and buried. Good luck to you with PS thingy.

This would be blizzard's business strategy, and of course, their business risk. which in turn has nothing to do with you on pc platform
Reply Quote

We’re glad that you’re pleased that we’re bringing Diablo III to PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4! As far as additional platforms go: we don’t have any further console announcements or partners to share at this time.

Is there a shred of hope for an offline mode for PC in the not-too-distant future? The game experience would improve x100 if we didn't have to endure the lag issues. They really bring down the devs' hard work.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
02/25/2013 06:03 PMPosted by Vaeflare
I see that Blizzard is expanding to console games, wich i think is great by the way.but what i want to know is,are you(Blizzard) making D3 exclusive to playstation only,or is there going to be a version for xbox down the road as well?

Translation: this will be PS4 exclusive launch title, 6 month later you will have it on any other console
Edited by Alien#2737 on 2/26/2013 6:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/25/2013 06:03 PMPosted by Vaeflare
We’re glad that you’re pleased that we’re bringing Diablo III to PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4!

is it going to have an auction house?

a real money auction house?
Reply Quote
02/25/2013 11:36 PMPosted by Philoi
*checks to see if hell has frozen over*...

Well, it's actually not incorporated, but it's in Michigan. Does that help you find it? (Yes, it's an actual place in Michigan called Hell. Pictures of a sign of Hell with snow/ice all around are...fairly common actually.)

02/26/2013 09:54 AMPosted by Karghzadak
We’re glad that you’re pleased that we’re bringing Diablo III to PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4!

is it going to have an auction house?

a real money auction house?

Wonder how they're going to search on it. Hope someone's put a keyboard to their console. ;)
Reply Quote
I know this has probably already been stated but to the dude in the first 2 pages that said in 2-3 years a PC will beat a console...

2-3 years in PC tech time is LOONG. It's like 15-20 years real life. If not more. We were advanced passed the PS4, 2 years ago (if not longer) with top of the line tech. It moves so fast game developers can't keep up with it.

2 years ago, if I remember correctly the i5's were coming out on the Sandybridge, now we're what..2 or 3 versions ahead of the Sandybridge and it's only been 2 years?

The rate at which PC tech advances is astonishing and no console could ever hope to keep up with it.
Reply Quote
Blizzard smart to produce a game that can be played on more than one platform. Expose the awesomeness of D3 to more people!

We love the idea of being able to have Diablo III on multiple platforms, especially since Blizzard’s roots are actually in console gaming. From Rock ‘N Roll Racing to Lost Vikings to Blackthorne, Blizzard Entertainment actually started off as a console developer. With Diablo III, we’re just excited to expand our audience and have the opportunity to let console gamers brave the battlefields of Sanctuary (or in some cases, return to Sanctuary, if they played first Diablo on the original PlayStation). It’s also exciting for us to think that this may be the first time that some players have the chance to experience a Blizzard game, too! :)

Well, I think this conversation here goes past just the Diablo series. I personally will never buy another game console again. It makes no sense. It's for kids who can't quite use PCs yet and want to enjoy games or people who want different things out of games like fast access and playing it on a big screen. Wow, big screens are cool.

Many people say "I play games for fun." And, console games have less options and less complexity so maybe they are more "fun." I don't play games for fun per se. I play games as a hobby.

In the same way you don't hear people say "It's fun reading romance novels." or "It's fun running a few miles every moring to prepare for a marathon." OF course fun are elements in peoples hobbies, but, when people just do something for "fun" I can't take thier opinion very seriously for whatever they are talking about.

Console games are for fun. PC games are to entertain, create interest and make you think more than console games. Thats my take on it.
Reply Quote
any chance of bringing controller capabilities to the PC version as well?

typo
Edited by supergarr#1852 on 2/27/2013 2:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
anybody knows whether d3 will be supported on the psvita aswell ?
Reply Quote
I build a new PC every two years in order to keep up with the tech advances. Flight sims drive most of my upgrade purchases, not games like DIII or SCII, as much as we enjoy those.

We have consoles in the house. They don't get much use.

If Blizzard truly designed D III for the desktop it would have been ten times more "awesome" than it is. Many of us during the beta period noticed the "dumbing down" and interface limitations early on and guessed this was going to be a console port.

So while the PC is not dead by any means, the console market does have an affect on which games are going to be developed and how they look and feel. Some of us see the Kickstarter funding paradigm as a way out of this downward spiral. I'm hoping Star Citizen will be a huge success.
Reply Quote

Approx 1.5 million players online every evening is active enough for me.

Fair enough. Was making a statement that sales are a poor way to judge how many people play now, compared to release state, prior dates, even now.

And I'm assuming those numbers are actually accurate.

The game literally released last year. Even if the active number of players is much lower than the number of sales, it would hardly be able to be used as proof of a decline in the popularity of the PC. This topic and a number of these posts lack anything that can be regarded as substance.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]