Diablo® III

The PC is dead?

HA! read this..

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/12/20/next-gen-consoles-will-struggle-to-beat-pc-say-industry-insiders/
Reply Quote
Heres another one for ya!

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/jpr-pc-gamers-numbers-pc-gaming-dead,15530.html
Reply Quote
Ya the only thing i see in consoles is ease of use.... and frankly with tech going the way it is, people better start learning how things work, because PC's imho for people who take the time to know what they are doing will always be better than a console.

I mean seriously PC's can not only play games, but do a myriad of other awesome things, and have so many options for customization.

I mean do people even realize that most console failures (overheating) are completely negated on a PC, most of which are built for airflow and cooling?

And the closer consoles come to actually being a PC like they are right now.... people are spouting the death of PC's?

I don't get it...

Oh and to the guy that said "the PC dept in stores are all smartphones and laptops"

That's because real PC buyers.... don't buy them from stores, and what i consider "real" PC owners customize every aspect of their PC, and know exactly what is running inside them.

Haha oh and on another side note... PC's aren't going anywhere.... consoles play games.... but PC's BUILD games.
Edited by Drakhen#1582 on 2/22/2013 2:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
Merlock, you have to jesting. The PC runs circles around those crappy slow incompetent consoles. Consoles suck, the PC has the latest and greatest tech in them, while the consoles have last century garbage in them. Even the new versions of the consoles that will be released will be old by the time they come out. Consoles are very restricted to what they can do whereas the PC is not. Educate yourself on the differences between a PC and a console.

Oh, and any other platform like a tablet or smartphone for playing games like D3 is just plain unwise. Those platforms suck worse than the consoles.
Edited by Knightmare65#1768 on 2/22/2013 2:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
lol! PC dead, I think I read that since 1999

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

http://de.twitch.tv/directory
Reply Quote
Screw the pc is dead! You guys can play your crap games on your small screens. I'm in the process of building my next pc. Dumb yourselves down with your smartphone, which most don't even know how to use them to their fullest anyway. I'm going all out :)

Hmmmm, shall I watch an HD movie on the 27" tv with crap sound or the 50" Plasma with full surround?

?
Reply Quote
02/21/2013 11:02 PMPosted by MerLock
Next up, D3 for tablets and smartphones!

The PC is about as dead as the static living room console is these days.

The real future of gaming is on portable devices as you said.
Reply Quote
02/22/2013 03:10 AMPosted by babinro
The real future of gaming is on portable devices as you said.

OH you mean like laptops?!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834230103
Reply Quote
There were articles years ago heralding the age of the...netbook. Yes, those tiny half-brick laptops with small screens and barely enough computing power to do anything. These so-called "industry experts" were all over these devices. As of 2013, they are no longer being produced because tablets killed them off.

As for these next-gen consoles, I'd give them 2-3 years before the PC stomps all over them with badass new hardware.
Reply Quote
02/22/2013 03:12 AMPosted by Hypersonic
As for these next-gen consoles, I'd give them 2-3 years before the PC stomps all over them with badass new hardware.

Dude... 2-3 years?? Do you relize that the Jaguar APU is AMD's answer to Intel's Atom CPU?! LOL A Core 2 Quad Qx6700 with a GTX560 already stomps the PS4, and thats 5 year old technoligy!

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Jaguar-AMD-s-First-28nm-APU-a-Response-to-Intel-Atom-Low-Power-CPUs-331010.shtml
Reply Quote
02/21/2013 11:20 PMPosted by Darlynn

Huge difference between sales and current active player base.

Approx 1.5 million players online every evening is active enough for me.

The entire Battle.net, GLOBALLY, averages 500,000 players online, and most of these 500,000 are SC2 players.

I'm really getting SICK AND TIRED of you idiots pulling random numbers out of your butt.

"hurrr durrr 437598 bazingazillion people are online huurrr duuurr game aint dead duuur".

SHUT UP.
Reply Quote
02/22/2013 03:18 AMPosted by Cthulhu
The entire Battle.net, GLOBALLY, averages 500,000 players online, and most of these 500,000 are SC2 players.

WoW has over 10 million subs..

02/22/2013 03:18 AMPosted by Cthulhu
I'm really getting SICK AND TIRED of you idiots pulling random numbers out of your butt.
Reply Quote
02/22/2013 03:16 AMPosted by tbagala
That's being quite generous

I know. Maybe too generous.

02/22/2013 03:17 AMPosted by XSteelX
Dude... 2-3 years?? Do you relize that the Jaguar APU is AMD's answer to Intel's Atom CPU?! LOL A Core 2 Quad Qx6700 with a GTX560 already stomps the PS4, and thats 5 year old technoligy!

I know little about AMD APUs. Its GPU performance however suggests it is on par with a GTX 660 / HD 7850 though I would take those numbers produced by Sony with a grain of salt.
Edited by Hypersonic#1142 on 2/22/2013 3:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
Edit: the person above you above you
ah hell, the person above you steel

lol :)
Reply Quote
02/22/2013 03:22 AMPosted by Hypersonic
suggests it is on par with a GTX 660 / HD 7850

There is no way... the new Nvidia Titian pulls 250 watts.... How are you going to draw that kind of power from an APU without overheating it and keeping it on par with a dedicated card that requiers a 650 power supply at a minimum
Reply Quote
02/22/2013 03:17 AMPosted by XSteelX

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Jaguar-AMD-s-First-28nm-APU-a-Response-to-Intel-Atom-Low-Power-CPUs-331010.shtml

Someone that knows pc's! Thumbs up!
I'm running a 3 year old rig and about to upgrade soon. My rig blows the doors off what the next gen consoles can/will do..... EASY!

What do you run?

Mine is 3 years old, time for an upgrade :)
Intel I7 860 (2.8ghz)
8gig Mushkin ram
Nvidia Gtx 470
WD Velociraptor HDD
Corsair 620 PSU
Reply Quote
suggests it is on par with a GTX 660 / HD 7850

There is no way... the new Nvidia Titian pulls 250 watts.... How are you going to draw that kind of power from an APU without overheating it and keeping it on par with a dedicated card that requiers a 650 power supply at a minimum

Sony said 1.8 TFLOPS for the GPU which is in the same range as a GTX 660. But as I said - grain of salt - I've haven't seen an APU produce that good of a GPU performance. They even called it a "supercharged PC" which is overselling it.
Edited by Hypersonic#1142 on 2/22/2013 3:33 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]