Diablo® III

The PC is dead?

02/22/2013 03:20 AMPosted by XSteelX
WoW has over 10 million subs..

Please stop being a noob and start SC1, SC2 or D2.

SC1- "Estimated 500,000 online on Battle.net 2013.02.22"
SC2- "About 500,000 players on Battle.net" "27,000 games in your region"
D2- 480,000 players online.

Do you have any of these games? Run them and read for yourself.

WoW isn't added into battle.net population.
Reply Quote
Sony said 1.8 TLFOPS for the GPU which is in the same range as a GTX 660

while that might be true, what its lacking is memory bandwidth, and the bit rate.. for example..

GTX550ti while haveing a faster memory bandwidth is only has a 192bit bit rate on the memory..

While the GTX460 has a slower memory bandwidth its clocking it at a 256bit bit rate.. so witch card is faster?

See what im getting at? The Jaguar APU and the AMD APU series havnt gone beyond the 192bit mark yet, while affordable dedicated cards are boasting an increadable 512bit bit rate.
Reply Quote
02/22/2013 03:31 AMPosted by tbagala
What do you run?

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Cooler Master CM690 II Advanced ATX Case
Cooler Master Hyper N520 CPU Cooler
Intel DP55WB Socket 1156 Mobo
Intel Core i5 750 3.2ghz max turbo
EVGA GTX 570 HD 2.5GB GDDR5
8GB Corsair XMS3 PC10666 1333mhz DDR3
Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer
2x 1TB WD Caviar Green 7200rpm
Corsair TX750 V2 PSU
Samsung SyncMaster2494 24" LCD / LG 42" LCD
Razer BlackWidow Stealth Keyboard
Razer DeathAdder Mouse

Bout time to upgrade my rig soon

Wow that's almost exactly what im running.... scary, got a g110 keyboard tho and GTX560 2gb vid card, with amd fx 4100 3.6 ghz quad core. same ram tho, using a thor gaming case tho.

anyway very similar builds.
Reply Quote
Sony said 1.8 TLFOPS for the GPU which is in the same range as a GTX 660

while that might be true, what its lacking is memory bandwidth, and the bit rate.. for example..

I'm starting to think 1.8 is the PS4's theoretical peak rather than sustained average or highest tested score.
Reply Quote
What do you run?

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Cooler Master CM690 II Advanced ATX Case
Cooler Master Hyper N520 CPU Cooler
Intel DP55WB Socket 1156 Mobo
EVGA GTX 570 HD 2.5GB GDDR5
8GB Corsair XMS3 PC10666 1333mhz DDR3
Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer
2x 1TB WD Caviar Green 7200rpm
Corsair TX750 V2 PSU
Samsung SyncMaster2494 24" LCD / LG 42" LCD
Razer BlackWidow Stealth Keyboard
Razer DeathAdder Mouse

Bout time to upgrade my rig soon

You run the exact MB as I do. I don't use a crappy soundcard, I go through an Onkyo receiver with Infinity bookshelf speakers.
Reply Quote

I didn't think there was anyone else (other than me) still sporting this CPU.

Nice.
I have been wanting to upgrade for a while, but I'm waiting for the Intel Haswell lineup to release, hopefully in March

All rumors point to June 2. I know - major bummer - I'm waiting for Haswell too.
Edited by Hypersonic#1142 on 2/22/2013 3:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA...

with AMD APU's in both the next gen consoles expect large amounts of awesome ports to PC's that will be running very efficiently...

people will be using PC's to play in 3D, on multiscreens at 4k resolutions etc...

with the arrival of occulus rift VR i wouldnt be suprised finding micro gaming pc boxes you just plug the occulus into and play anywhere...

PC has a llooooong way to go before dying....

Diablo franchise on the other hand desperately needs console audience to survive... actually it should probably be an iphone game ... then D3 will really hit its target audience...
Reply Quote
02/22/2013 03:49 AMPosted by MGH
with AMD APU's in both the next gen consoles expect large amounts of awesome ports to PC's that will be running very efficiently...

If only they were making GTA 5 on the PS4...

Must wait through much of 2014 if there is PC version at all.
Edited by Hypersonic#1142 on 2/22/2013 3:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
If only they were making GTA 5 on the PS4...Must wait until 2014 if there is PC version at all

yeah thats a shame... rock* do real bad PC ports thats for sure
Reply Quote
Even on an Nvidia EVGA GTX470 I get a huge mob on the screen and it drops down to -10 FPS.

I'd really like to see a console handle that.
Reply Quote
yeah thats a shame... rock* do real bad PC ports thats for sure

After all the bashing and trash-talking after the GTA 4 porting humiliation i think they will do a better job this time around.
Reply Quote
"The PC is dying" myth pops up on the tech sites all the time. It's pretty stupid.
Reply Quote
OP you are such a noob, consoles are small PC
guess what are smarthpones and tablets, you right smallest portable pc),
PC are used to make video games,
you can play any console game on a PC if it have enough power

/thread
Reply Quote

Approx 1.5 million players online every evening is active enough for me.

lol i liked the evidence, in that case TL2 has about 3 million active players as we speak!

There are as many PUBLIC OPEN games in Diablo 3-US then there are worldwide entire TL2 players

http://i.imgur.com/7rR41te.jpg

Note, that steam tracks Worldwide, Online, And offline, And that's included in-active clients that are left open

Its 8 AM Est by the time of posting this, So prime time for other non US countries, yet TL barely has over 5000 people playing it.
Reply Quote
The entire Battle.net, GLOBALLY, averages 500,000 players online, and most of these 500,000 are SC2 players. Go start SC1, D2 or SC2 and see for yourself.

I'm really getting SICK AND TIRED of you idiots pulling random numbers out of your butt.

"hurrr durrr 437598 bazingazillion people are online huurrr duuurr game aint dead duuur".

SHUT UP.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]