Diablo® III

The PC is dead?

02/21/2013 11:02 PMPosted by MerLock
D3 for tablets and smartphones!

you can already play Diablo 3 on your smartphone and tablets.........
Not only that PC wont die, You can play all the ps2/3 xbox360, With your pc........ dont even need normal console to play your games...
Reply Quote
Ugh.

PC gaming is the best there is and it's for the people with the bucks to spend on sweet rigs. That's not going to change.

Regardless, consumer money is much more important to $ATVI's stock price.
Enthusiasts of anything or loyalty aren't terribly important.
Reply Quote
Let's see, what game do I have on my tablet and my PC? Oh yeah, Minecraft. Have You ever tried to play Minecraft on an Android tablet? I mean hey, my tablet is nice but it can't keep up with the i5, 8 gigs of ram, SSD drive, and ATI 6800 vid card in my gaming machine.

But then I didn't buy my compter at Best Buy either. I think I'll stick with my dinosaur over the small tech that OP is so fond of.
Reply Quote
Let's see, what game do I have on my tablet and my PC? Oh yeah, Minecraft. Have You ever tried to play Minecraft on an Android tablet? I mean hey, my tablet is nice but it can't keep up with the i5, 8 gigs of ram, SSD drive, and ATI 6800 vid card in my gaming machine.

But then I didn't buy my compter at Best Buy either. I think I'll stick with my dinosaur over the small tech that OP is so fond of.

Its a app you download... to connect to you computer from any were in the world with your smart phone or tablet...you can control your computer... from your smartphone or tablet, If i wanted i can play BF3 on the tablet, program goes off your computer specs not what ever you're using basically like remote assistance....
Edited by DragonsBlood#1589 on 2/23/2013 12:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/22/2013 09:38 PMPosted by DOWNFALL
also if pcs were dying I don't think they'd be releasing new graphics cards and CPUs and other components all the time

But aren't a lot of cpu and graphic card manufacturers devoting lots of money and research into the mobile sector now?
Reply Quote
also if pcs were dying I don't think they'd be releasing new graphics cards and CPUs and other components all the time

But aren't a lot of cpu and graphic card manufacturers devoting lots of money and research into the mobile sector now?

yes. but that doesn't mean they suddenly drop the ball on PC hardware -_-' let alone stop their funding or increase funding on it. I went for a drink with friends and I asked him the question look around you, count the # of people looking at their phone rather than chatting w/ their friend it was like 16/30. more than 50%, its just like.. why not just go home seriously.

also most handhelds aren't upgradeable in terms of hardware, all you do is just replace the whole handheld... ... like D3 armor and gears LOL.

i've seen friends and others change their phones so much its like 50-200 each time over years totalilng well over 1000$ in like 2-4 years. I spend like 700 on CPU upgrade and I don't have to look at it for like the next 5 years.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 2/23/2013 1:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
You can enjoy your 17" laptop/tablet and I will enjoy my 46" on my PC. Happy gaming on your small screens while I am not squinting my eyes while gaming. :)

I know you can connect those devices to a TV but you just can't input the same power you can on a PC. I have no idea what the OP was thinking in creating a topic like this. lol
Reply Quote
Approx 25,000 players online every evening is active enough for me.

Fixed it for you
Reply Quote
http://www.techradar.com/news/computing/pc/why-pc-gaming-is-far-from-dead-1118383

http://www.techspot.com/news/47701-dead-or-alive-pc-gaming-generates-a-record-186-billion-in-2011.html

http://gametheoryonline.com/2012/02/04/pc-gaming-not-dead-computer-games-steam/

http://www.gamespot.com/news/pc-gaming-not-dead-says-maxis-6393894

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/97047-thank-you-farmville-pc-gaming-will-soon-overtake-consoles

And I could go on. Those are just from the top of my search.
Reply Quote
02/23/2013 01:37 PMPosted by KradisZ
yes. but that doesn't mean they suddenly drop the ball on PC hardware -_-' let alone stop their funding or increase funding on it. I went for a drink with friends and I asked him the question look around you, count the # of people looking at their phone rather than chatting w/ their friend it was like 16/30. more than 50%, its just like.. why not just go home seriously.

I'm agree that they are still spending resources on the PC but at the sametime they realize big money can be made from the tablet/smartphone market.

Hence why a smart business decision by Blizzard to venture into consoles and other gaming systems.
Reply Quote
Tablet gaming sucks, Windows 8 one size fits all sucks. Tablet gaming will never be on the level of PC Gaming. The only reason tablets are taking over PCs is that they are way easier for the casual joe schmoe who doesn't really like technology to pickup and learn.
Reply Quote

I'm agree that they are still spending resources on the PC but at the sametime they realize big money can be made from the tablet/smartphone market.

Hence why a smart business decision by Blizzard to venture into consoles and other gaming systems.

Handheld/tablet/smartphone market is one thing console is another.

Do you know how much it costs for a development kit on a console? Just curious, because you can make money on PC for 0$, console is a different story (try 100k$+).

Take a guess why there aren't as many indie developers for consoles as there are for PC, go on take a guess! I gave you a hint already.

You'll never be playing MOBA games as intensely as you do on PC vs. on a handheld or tablet.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 2/23/2013 3:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
My PC is dead after I saw the suck coming from this game I got scared it might be contagious and smashed my PC to bits and went to play Resident Evil on my PS1 in the closet.
Reply Quote
02/23/2013 03:33 PMPosted by UnitdStrafes
My PC is dead after I saw the suck coming from this game I got scared it might be contagious and smashed my PC to bits and went to play Resident Evil on my PS1 in the closet.

I lol'ed
Reply Quote
02/23/2013 03:44 PMPosted by DOWNFALL
so? pull profit from multiple locations. thats good buisness

Agreed and that's why it's good business for Blizzard to go into the console market.
Reply Quote
Handheld/tablet/smartphone market is one thing console is another.

Do you know how much it costs for a development kit on a console? Just curious, because you can make money on PC for 0$, console is a different story (try 100k$+).

So do you think Blizzard can't make money off of console game sales?
Reply Quote
Who seriously thinks that any form of tablet device could be used for any serious gaming? Tablets are fun to play with I admit, but they are in no way a substitute for a console, gaming PC, or even handheld gaming device like the PS Vita or 3DS. Touch controls suck horribly any way you put it, and that isn't going to change any time soon.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]