Diablo® III

The PC is dead?

Handheld/tablet/smartphone market is one thing console is another.

Do you know how much it costs for a development kit on a console? Just curious, because you can make money on PC for 0$, console is a different story (try 100k$+).

So do you think Blizzard can't make money off of console game sales?

After the reputation that Diablo 3 got? probably a very small revenue, nonetheless it'll still sell, nowhere near close to 12 million though i'd bet.
Reply Quote
It is funny though when you go into a Gamestop and every wall is plastered with console games, and PC games are on a small rack in the corner.
Reply Quote
PC will never die though, but there's nothing wrong with consoles either. Consoles are more affordable and play the games just as well, but some people are PC enthusiasts, and really if they want to spend the money, let them.
Reply Quote
02/23/2013 04:03 PMPosted by Enslaved
It is funny though when you go into a Gamestop and every wall is plastered with console games, and PC games are on a small rack in the corner.

That's because we just DL our games. If I owned a Gamestop I wouldn't stock PC games either, I'd be like "what you don't have a Steam account" with a puzzled look on my face.
Edited by Unitdstrafes#1186 on 2/23/2013 4:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
PC gaming is dead. There are only a handful of AAA titles released every year compared to the gaming consoles which get dozens of new titles each month.
Reply Quote
02/23/2013 04:37 PMPosted by Rhetorical
PC gaming is dead. There are only a handful of AAA titles released every year compared to the gaming consoles which get dozens of new titles each month.

who gives a sh** about AAA titles, is Angry Birds AAA? I don't think so. Minecraft doubt it. All made by indies, # of users and buyers? over 3million each easy.
Reply Quote
Let's see, what game do I have on my tablet and my PC? Oh yeah, Minecraft. Have You ever tried to play Minecraft on an Android tablet? I mean hey, my tablet is nice but it can't keep up with the i5, 8 gigs of ram, SSD drive, and ATI 6800 vid card in my gaming machine.

But then I didn't buy my compter at Best Buy either. I think I'll stick with my dinosaur over the small tech that OP is so fond of.

Theres no such thing as an ati 6800. Just sayin.

Huh?

So you mean to tell me, there is no HD 6800 series?

http://www.diamondmm.com/HD6800.php
Reply Quote
Wasnt it recently that the head ceo of EA games said that PC games are topping sales and making more money for them than all the consoles put together, with the addition of micro sales.

Games like Fallout New Vegas, Skyrim, Dragon Age had micro sales, you could buy new content for a few bucks.

And he said PC games would be the majority focus for the future, as there is more money in it.

Diablo 3 proved this, broke many sales records and its only one platform.... PC.
Reply Quote
02/23/2013 09:41 PMPosted by DamageInc
I mean to tell you it's AMD, not ATI, and there is no 6800. 6800 "series" yes, 6800, no.

I was sad the day they got rid of the ATI name.
Reply Quote
hmm, i fail to see a problem, The hero of pc gaming "valve" and most of their products are Multiplats TF2, HL2, CSS CSGO Portal 2 Portal and many others.
Reply Quote
LoL, Dota 2, Starcraft 2 and every other single title for e-sports are against you.
Reply Quote
02/22/2013 03:43 AMPosted by LifePincher

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Cooler Master CM690 II Advanced ATX Case
Cooler Master Hyper N520 CPU Cooler
Intel DP55WB Socket 1156 Mobo
Intel Core i5 750 3.2ghz max turbo
EVGA GTX 570 HD 2.5GB GDDR5
8GB Corsair XMS3 PC10666 1333mhz DDR3
Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer
2x 1TB WD Caviar Green 7200rpm
Corsair TX750 V2 PSU
Samsung SyncMaster2494 24" LCD / LG 42" LCD
Razer BlackWidow Stealth Keyboard
Razer DeathAdder Mouse

Bout time to upgrade my rig soon

You run the exact MB as I do. I don't use a crappy soundcard, I go through an Onkyo receiver with Infinity bookshelf speakers.

I dont use a crappy receiver, and crappy infinity bookshelves. I go from PC straight to a separate DAC to a separate preamp to a separate amp to Martin Logan electrostatic speakers...

In sound there is always something better. Would love to run dedicated amps running active for example. Or go electrostatic full range. Its funny when people think they have good sound. Even with the best equipment, good luck tuning it to your room for a flat response.
Reply Quote
Also how are people saying PC is dead on the Diablo 3 forum that broke sales records?
Reply Quote
Not even close - people have been saying this for years, but it's not dead yet.

If anything it's going through a renaissance.

I have a gaming pc/laptop/xbox 360/ipad/iphone.

For sports games the p.c beats all comers on both graphics and enjoyability - of course for games that aren't on the pc - the xbox 360 fits the bill.

Is pc gaming dieing - who knows.

It's not dead yet.
Reply Quote
Good luck playing starcraft on a touchscreen.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]