Diablo® III

The PC is dead?

02/21/2013 11:02 PMPosted by MerLock
Expose the awesomeness of D3 to more people!

I'll take it as a Sarcasm. -1 troll.
Reply Quote
96 Draenei Warrior
I do have a !@#$%.
Reply Quote
I hope you guys are right, cause I watched my dream career as a Flash designer vanish before my eyes after everyone just chose apple products where I live. Wouldn't want to see the same happen to PCs. I spent 6 years polishing my skills as a flash designer only to see Steve Mc Einstein say flash is a dead technology...... then poof... it was gone real quick. You gotta re learn objective C & cocoa for apple apps, gotta relearn html5 canvas to make something similar to flash now, I just give up..... lol
Reply Quote
View profile

I hope you guys are right, cause I watched my dream career as a Flash designer

I think the problem is that flash is so full of bugs and exploits. I really hate adobe since their software seems full of security holes. Or so I've heard.
Reply Quote
02/21/2013 11:19 PMPosted by Darlynn
PC is not dead and won't be any time soon.

+1
Reply Quote
02/23/2013 04:03 PMPosted by Enslaved
It is funny though when you go into a Gamestop and every wall is plastered with console games, and PC games are on a small rack in the corner.

You can thank Steam, Origin, Amazon, MobyGames, and others for that observation.
Reply Quote
MY LAPTOP HAS A BETTER GPU THAN PS4

LMFAO CONSOLES
Reply Quote
MY LAPTOP HAS A BETTER GPU THAN PS4

LMFAO CONSOLES

And my next PC will have more memory (16+ GB), CPU power (Intel I7+), and more hard drive space (2+ TB) than the PS4. ROFL :)
Reply Quote
Blizzard
Valve
Bioware
Skyrocketting indie market

For a dead guy, PC has got some arguments.
Reply Quote
!@#$ closed platforms in the %^- with a stick.

Oh I can only run this software on this specific piece of hardware? EAT *!@# AND DIE
Reply Quote
Soon you will be able to play games on your toaster.

You heard it first here.
Reply Quote
It's pretty apparent that, eventually, the only folks with powerful tower/DIY boxes will be gamers.

Nobody else cares enough about the specs to put up with building their own rig, or even upgrading their existing box.

Simpler form factors will become more and more prevalent for the majority of regular users, and gamers will always be at the front of the consumer PC tech curve.
Reply Quote
Uhhh,
Do you even know what a console is? it is a branded version of a specific company computer design for casual user who cant comprehend how to even take a old sound card or video card out and put in a new card and install the software for it. pc will never be dead cause all you see around from xbox to p4 is a simpler pc design for ease of use.. so get your fact straight and understanding of the tech involved
Reply Quote
Ps4 and all other console unit uses pc design hardware and cheap at it as i may stated. so pc will always be at the cutting edge.
Reply Quote
Pc's are far from dead. Granted even tho tablets have taken a strong lead there is just to much limitations to them. Tbh you will prob just see more upgraded able laptops. Or at the very least PC's might shrink in size. But to say pc's are dead is observed considering trying to write code on a tablet and compile it would be impossible on a tablet system.

I know someone is going to chime in cloud based computing. BUt any true developer and or network infrastructure would not want to keep EVERYTHING on cloud based computing. You would drive someone insane if you could not keep local copies of Source code for applications as thats just to much to keep continually up and downstream while working on it.
Edited by Sorsha#1578 on 2/24/2013 3:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile

Uhhh,
Do you even know what a console is? it is a branded version of a specific company computer design for casual user who cant comprehend how to even take a old sound card or video card out and put in a new card and install the software for it. pc will never be dead cause all you see around from xbox to p4 is a simpler pc design for ease of use.. so get your fact straight and understanding of the tech involved

Keep on preaching brother!
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Blizzard smart to produce a game that can be played on more than one platform. Expose the awesomeness of D3 to more people!

We love the idea of being able to have Diablo III on multiple platforms, especially since Blizzard’s roots are actually in console gaming. From Rock ‘N Roll Racing to Lost Vikings to Blackthorne, Blizzard Entertainment actually started off as a console developer. With Diablo III, we’re just excited to expand our audience and have the opportunity to let console gamers brave the battlefields of Sanctuary (or in some cases, return to Sanctuary, if they played first Diablo on the original PlayStation). It’s also exciting for us to think that this may be the first time that some players have the chance to experience a Blizzard game, too! :)
Edited by Vaeflare on 2/25/2013 1:18 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]