Diablo® III

The PC is dead?

Blizzard smart to produce a game that can be played on more than one platform. Expose the awesomeness of D3 to more people!

We love the idea of being able to have Diablo III on multiple platforms, especially since Blizzard’s roots are actually in console gaming. From Rock ‘N Roll Racing to Lost Vikings to Blackthorne, Blizzard Entertainment actually started off as a console developer. With Diablo III, we’re just excited to expand our audience and have the opportunity to let console gamers brave the battlefields of Sanctuary (or in some cases, return to Sanctuary, if they played first Diablo on the original PlayStation). It’s also exciting for us to think that this may be the first time that some players have the chance to experience a Blizzard game, too! :)

I think you are my favorite CM ^-^.

Although I don't agree with all of Blizzard's design decisions for this game, it still made me play it for over 250 hours, so I got my moneys worth. Maybe when the PS4 launches, who knows, I might even buy it just to play in front of my giant tv with a controller.
Reply Quote
View profile
02/25/2013 01:15 PMPosted by Vaeflare
We love the idea of being able to have Diablo III on multiple platforms, especially since Blizzard’s roots are actually in console gaming. From Rock ‘N Roll Racing to Lost Vikings to Blackthorne, Blizzard Entertainment actually started off as a console developer. With Diablo III, we’re just excited to expand our audience and have the opportunity to let console gamers brave the battlefields of Sanctuary (or in some cases, return to Sanctuary, if they played first Diablo on the original PlayStation). It’s also exciting for us to think that this may be the first time that some players have the chance to experience a Blizzard game, too! :)

What a lot of snarky folks in this forum (with their "this game isn't smart enough for me" mentality) often forget is that is that there aren't a lot of 4-player local co-op rpgs for consoles. Last really fun one I can think of is both Champions of Norrath games, and while neither one was particularly "complex" or "deep," both still really scratched a particular itch for 4-player local co-op monster killing.

So really...PC-exclusive players can say D3 doesn't match up to "the Diablo Standard" all they like, but console exclusive gamers who want a solid, action-packed dungeon crawl to play with three friends? They just got a quality game announced. This game will scratch that itch, and it will sell. It'll sell like hotcakes.

Yes, Diablo 1 was on PS1, but while Diablo 1 was a great PC game, the PS1 port wasn't terrific, mainly because even the PC graphics weren't spectacular to look at. Diablo 3 on PS4 will likely be of great graphic quality, at least as good as the PC.

I just hope the PS3 version will have at least as smooth quality as on my laptop. Lots of multi-generation releases tend to skimp on a older generation systems, and focus a majority of attention on the newer generation.

Question I've had about the console version is...how will the expansion pack(s) fit in? I'm assuming a hard copy for PC, but will consoles have an expansion available in the Playstation store?
Edited by CardinalMDM#1269 on 2/25/2013 1:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
the pc is far from dead ,
and next-gen consoles only SEEM to be caught up atm ,
just give PC another 6 months and it will blast past the next-gen consoles
... just same as it always has.
Reply Quote
Blizzard smart to produce a game that can be played on more than one platform. Expose the awesomeness of D3 to more people!

Since you are going to respond to this thread. Please explain the OFFLINE in the Playstation version. It is absurd given all the outrage that resulted from the PC version being online only that you guys would make the Playstation version have an offline mode.
Reply Quote
View profile
02/25/2013 01:31 PMPosted by TaKtiCz
Lol game is too bright and colorful to be scary. Even the caves in the game are 100% lit. No light radius makes this game pretty un-scary. You can see everything before you get to it, so it isn't as if monsters are coming out of the darkness from all sides.

And I suppose when you were running around the Rocky Wastes, the Far Oasis, and the Dry Hills in Diablo 2, you covered your eyes because of all the darkness?

This needs to stop. D2 was plenty colorful. And by the way? "Light Radius" was probably the worst affix on any weapon or piece of gear imaginable. People say D3 has wastes of affixes? Light Radius in D2...huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge waste.
Reply Quote

Let's just be honest... it's not about sharing the experience, it's all about the money. It's always been all about the money. Yes, I understand businesses must generate income to survive, but you guys made your way to "greedy" territory a while ago.

Seeing as we are being honest, I wish I was entitled to a refund, but clearly am not.
Reply Quote
02/25/2013 01:43 PMPosted by shadowcat
Hmm I guess SOME people are easily satisfied ROTFL

Didn't realize that I had to play a game for over 1k hours to say I got my moneys worth out of it. Thank you wise and powerful godlike figure for showing me the error of my ways. I will never ever spend anything less than at least 500 hours for each game I buy with my own hard earned money.

As a rebuttal, SOME people will never be satisfied and will always !@#$% and complain about this game while continuing to play it. Glad I'm not a part of that group. So have a nice day :)
Reply Quote

Rock N' Roll Racing sequel. Go. Now.

(and put in on the PC)
Edited by Kupo#1759 on 2/25/2013 2:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
Rock N' Roll Racing sequel. Go. Now.(and put in on the PC)

Much fun would be had with a remake of that game.
Reply Quote
02/25/2013 01:29 PMPosted by Garthandal
brave the battlefields of Sanctuary

"Brave" suggest that something "scary or fearful" is overcome. I wonder if anyone finds any part of D3 scary or fearful anymore. Even a lower lvl character, undergeared and all would anyone find anyting scary or fearful about anything in the game? The end bosses commentaries do not help in the least either.

There are quite a few people still scared of

1. Wallers
2. Arcane
3. Plague
4. Health link
5. Been perm-freeze by CM wizard

At least that is what the recent forum posts suggests.
Reply Quote
Light affix was horrible, but some sort of fear element was in the diablo series...till now.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee

I think you are my favorite CM ^-^.

Although I don't agree with all of Blizzard's design decisions for this game, it still made me play it for over 250 hours, so I got my moneys worth. Maybe when the PS4 launches, who knows, I might even buy it just to play in front of my giant tv with a controller.

I’ve had a chance to play the PlayStation version of Diablo III, and one of the aspects that is really appealing to me is the idea of just being able to sit around with a bunch of friends and slay demons (and sass each other because, c’mon, that’s half the fun of playing with friends), so I’ll definitely be playing both versions.

If you’re curious about the PlayStation version, though, you should know that we plan to offer a hands-on demos at PAX East in Boston. So if you’re in the area, you should totally check it out for yourself!
Reply Quote
I am so tired of the pc community being treated horribly. PC gamers made Blizzard what it is, and we are getting screwed over by them.
Reply Quote

Next up, D3 for tablets and smartphones!

To be honest, the PC is sorta dying. Look at every electronic store and go the personal computer section. What do you see? Laptops, smart phones, tablets, "notebooks", and PC's that are so small you would second guess them being desktop PC's to begin with. The big bulky machines of the 1990's and 2K's are becoming an endangered species. Sure you'll still need them for super heavy number crunching or for 3D design. But PC gaming of the future will be on smartphones and tablets.

STEAM has about 6 Million concurrent users in the past 48 hours (That's 6 million unique users on at a time) http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

XBOX LIVE and PSN both respectively have anywhere from 2.5-3.5 million concurrent users, combined that's about the same as STEAM.

But then maybe you should count the concurrent userbase of World of WarCraft, Rift, League of Legends (TWELVE MILLION CONCURRENT PLAYERS A DAY ALONE - That's more than all of the WoW subscribers put together, GLOBALLY),
There are more people playing League of Legends on a daily basis than all of XBOX LIVE, PSN, AND STEAM.

God and don't even mention the casual PC gamers on Facebook.

PC gaming is going no where, especially with the MMORPG genre existing.
Edited by coldcuts#1289 on 2/25/2013 2:51 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]