Diablo® III

[GUIDE] DH Builds, Info, and FAQ UPDATE 9/914

05/14/2014 12:37 PMPosted by DISCO
Couple quick questions-

Does the cold on HA:DA proc Cull the Weak?

Does %cold dmg on an SOJ buff HA:DA, or does that buff not apply to generators?

So HA: DA does NOT add a slow and therefore does NOT benefit from Cull of the Weak, I did actually test this in game just now and there is no slowing effect.

There was a blue post a while back about how cold damage won't automatically add a slowing component to it now.

% Cold Damage on an SoJ WILL Buff HA:DA though, regardless of the fact that it won't proc a slow, it does increase % Cold Damage Skills, which HA:DA now is. Generator or Spender, it shouldn't matter so long as there is Cold Elemental damage, it should add to the skill type.
Reply Quote
Got it, thanks Oscar!
Reply Quote
Changes added.

Still waiting on some dust to settle re: M6 and will write the section this week.

Tasker and Theo added to the Pet builds section

Nyan Thread added to the Useful Threads section
Reply Quote
One question. Much debate in my clan. On the helm... CC or CA? Someone said there was a guide on diablo fans with a spreadsheet saying CA doesn't apply. Any argument?
Reply Quote
05/27/2014 01:12 AMPosted by ActionBastar
One question. Much debate in my clan. On the helm... CC or CA? Someone said there was a guide on diablo fans with a spreadsheet saying CA doesn't apply. Any argument?

I have CC on my helmets WITH CA when I can, but if I have a choice between the two, I'd take CC. It is always a direct DPS increase and I don't always play CA. I do have a DH that I do play as CA primarily and another I do as Arsenal Primarily.

Different strokes for different folks, really.

If your Critical Hit Chance is at or below 40%, I'd say go for the CC > CA, but if you're at the 50% + mark, go for the CA because you're simply not lacking in that area. Make sure to balance your CC with your CD as well, your CC is only good if you have good CD. For CA, however, it is a straight DPS increase only if you're using that skill ALL THE TIME. You could always swap helmets as needed though.

i haven't heard that the CA on helmet doesn't increase the damage of your CA, but I will say that when I use my CA Quiver, I see that the 14% CA seems to increase the damage by a noticeable amount.
Reply Quote
It should be made clear in the dual wielding section that the two CD gems do NOT stack as the damage is calculated on a per weapon bases...
Reply Quote
05/29/2014 08:36 AMPosted by Invictus
It should be made clear in the dual wielding section that the two CD gems do NOT stack as the damage is calculated on a per weapon bases...

I don't believe you are correct. In fact, we just had yet another debunking thread for that horrible theory that far too many players bought into. I will NOT address this any further due to the volatile nature of the topic. It seems to cause visceral pain in some players.

Is akin to how that one guy made a crappy, flawed, and totally biased and self promoting study about vaccines and autism and how it took hundreds of studies and millions of dollars to convince people that he was wrong, even though his paper was actually retracted by the journal.

DW with two emeralds lives. Is fine and works on paper and in game.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12943834927

that was the latest thread I could find.
Reply Quote
Would anyone benefit from a PVP guide at this point or is brawling so broken right now that no one plays it? I am thinking the latter. Furthermore, in PVP, DH vs DH would degenerate into who can Smokescreen longer and that leads to stalemates with some infinite discipline builds. Forget I mentioned anything lol; but I will gauge how much demand there is.
Reply Quote
06/03/2014 02:41 PMPosted by Iria
Would anyone benefit from a PVP guide at this point or is brawling so broken right now that no one plays it? I am thinking the latter. Furthermore, in PVP, DH vs DH would degenerate into who can Smokescreen longer and that leads to stalemates with some infinite discipline builds. Forget I mentioned anything lol; but I will gauge how much demand there is.

I don't think I have even HEARD of players doing PVP these days.

btw, update made to thread, added in M6 section
Reply Quote
View profile
Plz sticky this so I don't have to find this info on the monk forums:
Damage buff/debuff calculations:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12248364766#1
List of elite affixes with working reductions:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12673259125#1
Reply Quote
06/25/2014 06:02 AMPosted by VocaloidNyan
Plz sticky this so I don't have to find this info on the monk forums:
Damage buff/debuff calculations:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12248364766#1
List of elite affixes with working reductions:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12673259125#1

You got it Nyan!
Reply Quote
Finally bought RoS and I'm so lost now. Seems I have a lot of info to delve into.
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iQLu4UR-Uc
I'm sorry if this has already been shown. For fan xD
Reply Quote
Hello all you knowledgable people, a couple of questions....

Does +X% grenade damage affix effect the grenades from strafe?

Does anyone know what effect the 'crows flock to your side' from the legendary bow ravens wing has?
Reply Quote
08/07/2014 11:53 PMPosted by Stigzy
Hello all you knowledgable people, a couple of questions....

Does +X% grenade damage affix effect the grenades from strafe?

Does anyone know what effect the 'crows flock to your side' from the legendary bow ravens wing has?

anything that affects %Grenade (capital G) will only affect the hatred generator "Grenades", not skills that use "grenades". There is a linguistic difference here that Blizzard uses to distinguish one from the other. So the answer to your question is no.

Raven's Wing doesn't really do anything but add A SINGULAR RAVEN (not a flock... seriously, very disappointing) that is only cosmetic. It doesn't blind your enemies, it doesn't even hit them. It just looks... Raveny.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the info Oscar!
Reply Quote
08/09/2014 03:48 AMPosted by Oscar

Raven's Wing doesn't really do anything but add A SINGULAR RAVEN (not a flock... seriously, very disappointing) that is only cosmetic. It doesn't blind your enemies, it doesn't even hit them. It just looks... Raveny.

It picks up gold! So it can be nice with goldwrap, custerian wristguards, goldskin, etc.
Reply Quote
08/10/2014 04:11 PMPosted by Jhaman
08/09/2014 03:48 AMPosted by Oscar

It picks up gold! So it can be nice with goldwrap, custerian wristguards, goldskin, etc.

if you're using M4+ you shouldn't have to even bother. I guess it has some function, better than nothing I suppose. :-/

even still, it should randomly blind enemies by pecking out eyes.
Reply Quote
Updated! New information and tables includes for breakpoints
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]