Diablo® III

[GUIDE] DH Builds, Info, and FAQ UPDATE 9/914

(Sticky)

A job well done Oscar, congrats!
Reply Quote
congrats ~~ and thanks for everyone effort !
Reply Quote
UHHHH MAZING! Thank you all! Great effort and it has paid off!
Reply Quote
TankyDHs have no place in the world anymore :((

@Xenophis.. why you left. LOL.
Reply Quote
Gratz Oscar!!
Reply Quote
TankyDHs have no place in the world anymore :((

@Xenophis.. why you left. LOL.

I think a huge number of DH still do face tanking at higher mp. I know I do. Even still works great with increased mob density in PTR.

04/09/2013 08:49 PMPosted by kazumakiryu
Gratz Oscar!!

Thanks!
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Drust-1119/hero/23946458

This is my Demon Hunter and Spec, if anyone has any advice or opinions on him, please let me know.
Edited by Drust#1119 on 4/10/2013 10:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Great job so far keep crafting, esp gloves and ammy.
Reply Quote
Awesome! Glad I helped get this sticky'd finally :D
Reply Quote
New changes added in! Windforce Section created 4/18/2013
Reply Quote
View profile
04/18/2013 07:45 AMPosted by Oscar
New changes added in! Windforce Section created 4/18/2013

Awesome, great update!
Reply Quote
Windforce luv.
Reply Quote
hi, great thread with a lot of great info! great work!
here's a thread from EU with nice Windforce build if you wanna add it :)
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7257095659

gl & hf!
Reply Quote
Great thread! Thanks for the contribution. I will add it into the WF section!
Reply Quote
Looking to add in a Rapid Fire template build. Will post addendum a in the next few days as I get an opportunity.
Reply Quote
Rapid Fire build added.
Reply Quote
A few notes on spike traps.

Grim reaper is a bad rune, 12% split between dozens of mobs is not much. But mostly because Mortal Enemy is much stronger, especially with such a good and hatred hungry spender as EB. Even against 2 targets, which is the most favourable comparison for reaper, ME gives you more dps.

Bat companion is a major dps skill, about as good as archery.

Vengeance is a major dps skill, better than archery for almost all Manticore users. It also increases survivability.

Full nat's+soj with preparation is a viable alternative.

To say that a pro of Calamity is that it reclaims resources faster is a bit misleading. For disc, no doubt. For hatred, it literally fills your hatred bar faster, but weaker hatred efficiency is actually one of its biggest cons. The value of each point of hatred is lower when each attack does less damage. With exactly the same dps otherwise, calamity spends ~45% more hatred to do the same damage. It gains hatred from generators 45% faster too, but it doesn't generate hatred from passive regen 45% faster. Resulting in a higher cost than replenishment relative to manticore.
Reply Quote
05/14/2013 03:32 PMPosted by Josef
To say that a pro of Calamity is that it reclaims resources faster is a bit misleading. For disc, no doubt. For hatred, it literally fills your hatred bar faster, but weaker hatred efficiency is actually one of its biggest cons. The value of each point of hatred is lower when each attack does less damage. With exactly the same dps otherwise, calamity spends ~45% more hatred to do the same damage. It gains hatred from generators 45% faster too, but it doesn't generate hatred from passive regen 45% faster. Resulting in a higher cost than replenishment relative to manticore.

disc can be converted to hatred and its viable alternative for calamity users but with high CC 2h build(70-80) same combo will work better than with 1h.
Reply Quote
I was referring primarily to discipline regeneration Josef. But yes, you're correct. The hatred spending ratio for Calamity is much higher than slower Manticore.
Reply Quote
Yeah I thought you meant that too, but it could be misinterpreted, that's why I made sure to explain it in as much detail as possible to avoid even more confusion :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]