Diablo® III

into act 3 inferno

ok so ive made it to act 3...and its a lil dicey for me..

my AR is 511 and I got 60k health my dps is low and im pretty sure that's whats slowin me down. I need to up it

this is my first 60 in HC so gold is blah...... I have 850k to play with but I don't want to be game broke so if anyone has some gear that they think that can help lemme know

I also have a Nats ring I may try and sell if anyone wants to make an offer.

I don't know how to upload photos so I will EQ it on my follower if you want to have a look :)
Reply Quote
I got a Barb, so I can't help ya much, I'm venturing into Act III as well and having a pretty good go at it, last night I cleared the Keeps and it was fun, so far the biggest issue isn't that the monsters/mobs are much nastier than Act II, but they take a bit more to kill, so your DPS will play a role for you in that respect...my biggest worry when I lit the beacons and raised the catapults was running into a Keywarden, and that didn't happen.....mostly I'm chimin' in to wish you luck, have fun, be safe....once I beat Belial, I spent a week farming Act1 to get some gear upgrades...was worth the time for me
Reply Quote
You're kind of where I'm at. I want to get to Act 3 sooooo bad, but I don't have enough play time during the week to level up to the point where I'm "comfortable" with the enemies there, nor do I have the insane amounts of gold for upgrades. Trash mobs in Act 3 are one thing, elites are another. The golden rule I've read is, "if you're not face rolling the content, go back and farm more."

I don't have any gear for you, but I can suggest more patience..... :)

...patience is what has saved me more than anything. Knowing I'm not quite ready for Act 3 keeps me farming Act 2 for a bit longer and living another day.

Good luck, stay safe.
Reply Quote
02/26/2013 01:48 PMPosted by Ojame
The golden rule I've read is, "if you're not face rolling the content, go back and farm more."

That's a bunch of bull.

The golden rule is "don't die."

Another good rule to go by, in case the golden rule fails you, is "don't whine if you die."
Reply Quote
Check out my monk. Been farming act 3 for a few days now. Yeah your dps too low so it takes you too long on elite packs.
Reply Quote
ya I will be goin back to act 1...I actually have a good farmin route so I will try bang out a few drops that way...

good suggestions guys :)
Reply Quote
If you are just trying to beat the game, all you need is sustain. I beat inferno on my barb a while ago and she's only got ~15k dps, but I was able to survive from my massive 2k life regen, 10k+ armor, and 58k life pool. My resistances suck a lot, which hindered me, but it just means you have to be more careful.

I do realize that you are a monk so you won't have access to huge free life regen like I was (310 + 2% of max health).
Reply Quote
im not just tryin to beat the game...ive done that on SC several times....lol...

actually just got a helm drop was thrilled plus some crafted ammy and gloves ...just need another weapon...id like to drop the shield at some point...
Reply Quote
So what exactly is your objective? Farm act 3?
ok..
Reply Quote
FYI.. you'll get more dps with a emerald in your weapon
Reply Quote
Also plenty of weapons with Life on Hit of 600 and above. Get two of those and you wont need the shield. Yeah if you ever gem weapons use the highest green you can afford.
Edited by Oake#1844 on 2/27/2013 5:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
I started A3 with my monk in a similar position to you, but a little more defensive. I went with LoH to sustain my HP. I only had about 20k DPS. I was running around with ~45k life, ~6000 armor, and ~900 AR. I didn't "face roll" content, but I was certainly comfortable across all of A3 - attributed mostly to decent def/AR and high LoH.

Also, I'm curious how much you proc Divine Protection. I figured Hard Target was the common go-to rune for that mantra.
Reply Quote
I may be interested in that ring, add me.
Reply Quote
So what exactly is your objective? Farm act 3?ok..

I thought my OP was clear...I want to gear up....

YES I want to be able to farm act 3...cause that's where im at in the game.....I don't want to be tip toeing and running backwards all through the game....

im not in a hurry to get to the very end of the game as fast as I can...,,,,that's how you end up with a long list of dead heroes....
Reply Quote
35k hp, 600 ar, 35k dps is pretty safe inferno clear for monks.

I know a lot of monks focus high hp, but it's really overkill if you're able to kill enemies fast enough... the best defense is a good offense right? The double resist gloves are nice, but it's not the cold resist you're stacking, so that's where I'd probably look. I know the vit is huge, but if you swapped some of that hp for crit chance/damage I think you'll feel safer in the end.

Of course my only hc clear died right after I started farming mp3, so take it with a grain of salt.
Reply Quote
35k hp, 600 ar, 35k dps is pretty safe inferno clear for monks.

I know a lot of monks focus high hp, but it's really overkill if you're able to kill enemies fast enough... the best defense is a good offense right? The double resist gloves are nice, but it's not the cold resist you're stacking, so that's where I'd probably look. I know the vit is huge, but if you swapped some of that hp for crit chance/damage I think you'll feel safer in the end.

Of course my only hc clear died right after I started farming mp3, so take it with a grain of salt.

ya ive been farming a lot of act 1....hopin to get something...that helm was a start and im definitely ok with sacrificing a lil health for dps...just need the right stuff to drop
Reply Quote
Also, I'm curious how much you proc Divine Protection. I figured Hard Target was the common go-to rune for that mantra.

sry it took so long to get back haven't been on recently.....

I cant say for sure how often....but it has saved my a#$ 4 times now since inferno....several times I thought I was goin to have to re roll ...so im ok with keeping it.....till I increase dps that is ...lol
Reply Quote
If you farm act 1 crank it up to mp1. All monsters in inferno are lvl 63 starting with mp1 so you should get a lot more good drops
Reply Quote
gotcha...I am now into act 3 with as few upgrades....I will see how it goes then switch back to mp1 act 1...

although blizz tried to kill me in act 3 this morning...2 elite packs and KW in one spot.....lets say I made it out alive but I sure ran back a long way...lol.
Reply Quote
Post the stats of the nats ring.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]