Diablo® III

craft archon chest or not?

Yo! need advice guys.

kinda broke right now and def wanna upgrade couple of my gear.
So i was thinking about buying the chest recipe from act2 and craft some cus all i got right now is 2.8mil and all the decent chest in the ah are way over 2mil.

so my question is for ppl that crfted some, is it worth it? and was are the ingredient needed?

Thx!
Reply Quote
I crafted my Wizard's Chest. I got several decent ones, but that one was my 12th or 13th try.

You can take a look and decide for yourself. :)
Reply Quote
pretty sure this guy got lucky, I wouldn't craft them, too expensive for what they are worth
Reply Quote
actually just crafted some...spent all my 2.8 mil, and hmmm it's not that bad actually :)

thx for ur post Tommerbob cus i wanted to buy the Int chest but lookin at ur prof i decided to buy the vit one.
Reply Quote
The Vit one is usually the best way to go for Hardcore, because 1) more HP is never a bad thing, and 2) you can usually use it on at least one of your characters.
Reply Quote
I've got to disagree about crafting vit chests. Chests can already go up to 300 vit and you have a good chance of getting one with vit and/or life %. However, chest armor can never go above 200 of the other stats, so by crafting one with int, dex or str, you are immediately starting off with a higher main stat than ANY rare chest armor that drops from enemies can ever have, AND you have a chance to get up to 300 vit on it.

I tend to craft vit on everything else but chests, though. Check out my HC barb's shoulders, and her gloves :)
Edited by lasestrellas#1301 on 2/26/2013 11:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
I've got to disagree about crafting vit chests. Chests can already go up to 300 vit and you have a good chance of getting one with vit and/or life %. However, chest armor can never go above 200 of the other stats, so by crafting one with int, dex or str, you are immediately starting off with a higher main stat than ANY rare chest armor that drops from enemies can ever have, AND you have a chance to get up to 300 vit on it.

I tend to craft vit on everything else but chests, though. Check out my HC barb's shoulders, and her gloves :)

He has a valid point.
Reply Quote
I bought the vit one. Then I bought the int one. Crafted like five. Realized how rare it would be to get a proper chest equivalent to the one I'm wearing. Crafted other things

Waste of 3.5mil. Stupid me.
Reply Quote
I have never tried crafting chest/pants because the spec didn't guarantee sockets. For those who have crafted their own chests, how often do you get sockets?
Reply Quote
i've crafted about 10 chest pieces all vit, and out of the 10 I got 3 with 3 OS slots...other stats didnt help like no AR so I salvaged them... look at my wiz I kept it because she is still in Hell...but look at my shoulders...

Also, look at my WD he has some crafted items as well.

So, I will still craft as I have the gold...only got 2 mil at this point since I've been leveling 4 toons to 60.
Reply Quote

He has a valid point.

When the new crafting came out my first instinct was to go straight for Vit plans. After reading some posts similar to the above I decided it may be best to try crafting main stat chests over vit and I am glad I tried it. I think I got pretty lucky but my very 1st strength chest craft attempt rolled the following stats (seen on my barb):

222 str
189 Vit
60 All Resist
262 Armor
2 sockets

I wish it would have rolled 3 sockets and a little more AR, but was still pretty happy with this craft.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
We highlighted a great crafting guide in our community commentary that might help you decide if you want to craft anything else, or if you want to make further attempts on that Vitality chest piece you already made.

02/27/2013 08:04 AMPosted by ricerocket
I have never tried crafting chest/pants because the spec didn't guarantee sockets. For those who have crafted their own chests, how often do you get sockets?

I don’t remember the exact number of attempts it took me to find a Vitality chest that I was happy with, but it was somewhere around 10. The one I got is pretty nice with 3 sockets and 10% life (which is what I needed at the time), but I think I am going to try and attempt to get a good Intelligence based one now. Good luck to everyone with your crafting!
Reply Quote
wow a blue has appeared here....good job
Reply Quote
Thanks for the link to the crafting guide. I didn't know that existed. I'll be reading up on that later
Reply Quote
Took me 15+ tries, but I think I crafted a good chest piece! Check it out!
Reply Quote
You can check out my WD's chest. That took me about 4 tries to get. It could have more int but it was 10x better than my old one. He also has crafted shoulders, gloves, and bracers. My barb has shoulders and bracers crafted as well.

All around, I'm really enjoying the new crafting. I wish they'd release a helm plan though!
Reply Quote
Achievement unlocked: quoted by a blue

YAY!!!
Reply Quote
hehe a blue popped up in my post :D

the one i crafted yesterday is ok, nothin crazy but was a upgrade to my old one...took me like 7 craft.
def will craft some more!

thx for all the replies guys and @CM thx for the guide!

Edit: just read the guide about Chest armor....i made the mistake to buy the wrong one (vit)...ok now need to save up to 1.5mil and buy the int one
Edited by Hmongster#1245 on 2/27/2013 11:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
its rare but ive made a few good chests. one is on my barb and one is in the graveyard on my last barb lol
Reply Quote
I wouldn't because set items can be far better but obviously can be expensive, crafting a ton of chest items and buying the plan can also be expensive.

Anyways crafting archon chest depends on your class and if you go SC or HC.

Being a DH and going in SC I'd rather have the set items for the 7% crit chance and 130 dex then looking for a perfect chest piece with high dex, vit, %life, 3 sockets, life regeneration and either all resist or armor.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]