Diablo® III

ias vs mana solution thread(ideas)

just wanted to see the solution our community has thought of for our prob.

so we dont scale as well with as gear, if you have an idea, post here.

since we dont gain mana per hit or on crit maybe more possible mana redux items would help. they dont per say help gain mana but do help those with high ias gear. maybe a acid cloud redux affix. let me know what you think or post your possible solutions!!!
Reply Quote
Tweak passives a little would be the easiest way, I'd imagine, although I wouldn't argue it's the best way.

Spiritual Attunement: Increase max mana by 10%, regen increased by 1% for each WD specific item equipped.

Vision Quest: Mana regen increased by 45% when moving.

etc etc. You get the idea.
Reply Quote
i like it, keep em coming, you guys know this class inside and out so let us know what you think. i like the mana increase per item specific to wd items idea. and the vision quest while moving would ensure you couldnt spam high dps spells without moving arround. solid
Reply Quote
as long as we are never op im happy, i like being the underdogs. (pvp aside)
Reply Quote
Yes bro. Your view is terribly important, and we all need to hear it. But try and keep the rambling to the one thread, yeah? Add something of value to the topic, but there's no need to spam your crap until you find someone to agree with you. Go do that on the Barb forums.
Reply Quote
sry xxbara... this thread was for wd to keep our forum constructive and find solutions to our problems, if you are looking to flame perhaps you could keep it to your own forum, thx
Reply Quote
someone told me a new passive itself may be a solution as well, something like a %of attack speed as a %of mana per sec sort of deal, also sounds good.
Reply Quote
how about a passive that gives you a % of mana per kill as a % of attacks per second, it would promote usage of class specific gear, another option. might be another option
Reply Quote
a lot of people have told me and i agree that our major damage for the most part is done at close range and therefore making us a more of a in the middle class between ranged and melee. maybe a passive that gives a percentage of resistance or armor or even both as a % of mana regen. not much to do with as gear but an option none the less.
Reply Quote
I think a mana per hit item or passive would fix alot of the problems we have. It would scale well with Ias and would keep build diversity.....which is what blizz wants.
Reply Quote
somebody also said that a passive that added a % of both crit dam and crit chance could be another solution.

that way it would benefit both 1 hand and skorn users!!
Reply Quote
common guys and gals, dont wait to rage on threads that make us look whiny. either give constructive or see if some of these ideas seem like an adequate or desirable change.
Reply Quote
02/22/2013 08:46 PMPosted by HardCopy
how about a passive that gives you a % of mana per kill as a % of attacks per second, it would promote usage of class specific gear, another option. might be another option

GI pretty much does just that. 1% mana per kill, ideally the faster you attack the faster you kill.

What a lot of people are talking about is going oom with a champ pack at 1/2 hp....in which case you are just SoL. Unless you build you entire skill/rune slots around the fact that you are going to dump mana like like tacobell coming out the back end. Which imo does not promote build diversity.

Alot of the reduced cost for bears gear builds are give me some hope but it's really not a honest fix to the problem. WDs are still easily 3 times the currency investment for = farming effectiveness as other classes.
Reply Quote
I'm not actually 'for' this idea of fixing our ias/mana problem.
Once ias vs mana is fixed, alot of our primaries would seem useless since we have buffer secondaries to spam non-stop. so overall it will lower the diversity unless blizzard places some kind of effect (vision quest for example).
that aside, i would love to see Blizzard putting some of the mentioned ideas into ptr just for pure testing purposes.
Reply Quote
View profile
02/22/2013 08:57 PMPosted by HardCopy
a lot of people have told me and i agree that our major damage for the most part is done at close range and therefore making us a more of a in the middle class between ranged and melee. maybe a passive that gives a percentage of resistance or armor or even both as a % of mana regen. not much to do with as gear but an option none the less.

honestly if our passives gave us resist it would probably take away something like mana, weird but this is the rpg element to it right?
i like visionquest with walking, i walk a lot lol
it is a good start
Reply Quote
I'm not actually 'for' this idea of fixing our ias/mana problem.
Once ias vs mana is fixed, alot of our primaries would seem useless since we have buffer secondaries to spam non-stop. so overall it will lower the diversity unless blizzard places some kind of effect (vision quest for example).
that aside, i would love to see Blizzard putting some of the mentioned ideas into ptr just for pure testing purposes.

I have suggested before that primaries either be zero cost .or generate mana (i.e. mana steal so that it scales with MP, 0.0000X% of monster HP). Primaries remain relevant in this scenario.
Reply Quote
What should PtV do?

For 2 handed weapons leave it exactly how it is.... or maybe increase damage by 30% for 15% mana increase.

For 1 handed weapons change it so that using a ceremonial knife does not increase mana costs regardless of attack speed (always treated as 1.0).
Reply Quote
heres an idea, dont use a lot of gear with attack speed on it. do you guys want to be able to spam bears for 20 seconds straight, than regen in 2 seconds and start spamming again? get real. the witch doctors mana problems are not even that bad.
Reply Quote
I don't think that our mana problems are all that bad TBH, but I do think that it might be just a touch too hard to use ias gear for the average player, esspecially considering that our class based weapon is a 1.4aps knife.

But if they were to do anything to fix them, I would say to just tweak the mana costs of all attacks down a bit, or raise the base max mana pool, or both.

Then we would scale a bit better with attack speed.

If they dropped the mana cost on bears by something like 5-20 mana, that would probably solve all mana problems (20 mana might even be super OP). Then so that bears isn't the only viable rune, drop some of the other mana costs as well.

The other option would be to increase the damage of our primary skills a ton, then going oom would not leave us as vulnerable. We would have huge burst damage, and better sustained damage.
Edited by Chris#12904 on 5/5/2013 9:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]