Diablo® III

Attack Speed and Movement Speed

Have a question to post about the affixes in the Title.

198K DPS Bear Spam WD
1.63 Attacks Per Second
1179 Mana
87 Mana Per Second Regen
12 % Movement Speed

I have been looking for a way to get my Movement Speed up but am having difficulty. I want to keep my Attack Speed where it is at because when I go much higher I run into Mana Issues (run out too fast). I have tried a set of Lacuni Prowlers and a set of Inna Pants but hated the way the extra attack speed affected my ability to spam bears. Tyreals Might is kind of out of the question because it breaks up my Set Bonus (Zuni of course) which I would really like to keep.

Anybody have any suggestions on how to boost my Movement Speed up a little higher or how I can take on the extra Attack Speed without killing my ability to spam bears?

Seems Mana Regen is the limiting factor on this. I have tried to get more by switching up skills.
Reply Quote
Get a pair of gloves that are 150 + INT 10 CC + 40+CD which will drop the 6 IAS which frees you up to get Lacunis. You can also drop PtV for Blood Ritual and keep the gloves you have now.
Edited by Jimbob#1821 on 2/23/2013 6:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/23/2013 06:36 PMPosted by Jimbob
Get a pair of gloves that are 150 + INT 10 CC + 40+CD which will drop the 6 IAS which frees you up to get Lacunis. You can also drop PtV for Blood Ritual and keep the gloves you have now.

Thats not a bad idea with the gloves. I think I will look into that.

I do switch away from PtV for the higher MPs and throw in Blood Ritual but it still seems like I have a large problem with my Mana Pool running dry too fast.
Reply Quote
View profile
Not sure what higher MP you run in, but starting at MP8, I had to drop GF because health globes were too sparse to make it useful.
You should choose another mana skill instead of GF e.g. SA.
Then I would include Soul Harvest in your active skills for the burst damage it gives and change the Spirit Walk rune to the mana rune.

If you are already having trouble generating enough mana, then adding attack speed makes things worse.
Your choice is to use more active and/or passive skills to make mana, change your gear to make more mana, or reduce attack speed on items in use.

You could always try out say a nice slow black spear. This would reduce your attack speed by 20% and might solve all your problems. Try it out with a cheap weapon before investing a lot of gold.
Reply Quote
Yeah, I dump Gruesome Feast when I run MP 6+ as well as PTV in favor of Mana Regen Passives. Soul harvest works really nice too, I agree.

Finding a descent weapon with the exact things you want (as you guys well know probably) sucks. And I really like the Carver knife I have and a comparable spear costs an arm and a leg.

Been looking at some gear changes and doing some more checking. Hard to keep a semi-high DPS and survivability.

EDIT: I farm MP4-5 easily in the set up I have in my profile. Been trying to step it up to farm the higher MPs.
Edited by Detnyj#1212 on 2/23/2013 9:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
Been looking at some gear changes and doing some more checking. Hard to keep a semi-high DPS and survivability.

Well you seem to have an idea of where you are heading. Gear choices become harder and more expensive, for less rewards, the higher DPS/MP you want to play.
Reply Quote
I currently march through mp7 solo with this build. I'm not making a claim that it is the best, but I feel comfortable with a solid march through this difficulty, whereas before this combination, I did not.
Reply Quote
Mana Regen helm and charger reduction mojo saved my life when I added Inna's pants, just a thought, some people get super sad about losing CC on helm, just a sacrafice I was willing to make to have the build run smoothy.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]