Diablo® III

If you were starting a new character...

knowing what you know now after playing for a year, what would you do differently?

Use a different character? New gear? Spent LESS time doing...? Spent MORE time doing...?

What would you do now to improve your experience?
Reply Quote
not play.
Reply Quote
Never used sharpshooter as a DH; I lost so much good gear from that simple mistake
Reply Quote
Roll male on my monk.
Reply Quote
I made a Witch Doctor for my first play through... and I honestly have to say that I had the worst time I have ever had "designing" a character in any game....ever!

I made a Wizard hoping it would be closer to Diablo 2.... but my interest in this game just slowly dropped and dropped...even with all the "patches"... I just have no drive to play this game what so ever.
Reply Quote
Play without buying on the Auction house, gold included (I'd still sell stuff of course).

Probably what ill do with the console version.
Reply Quote
How about salvaging more low level items to craft at low levels? Anyone else have an opinion on this?
Reply Quote
02/25/2013 07:51 PMPosted by Raptor
not play.

That.
Reply Quote
02/26/2013 06:11 AMPosted by Skovgaard
How about salvaging more low level items to craft at low levels? Anyone else have an opinion on this?

I definitely salvaged just about everything at low levels to make other equipment. If you didn't mind saving up the materials to make 30 or so of an item, you could significantly progress the gear on your low level characters after a while. That's really only very beneficial if you're playing from scratch though, and I don't know how large a benefit it actually provided since you'd probably be in Inferno somewhere between about 30-90 hours depending on how you play.
Reply Quote
knowing what you know now after playing for a year, what would you do differently?

Use a different character? New gear? Spent LESS time doing...? Spent MORE time doing...?

What would you do now to improve your experience?

To answer your original question though, I know exactly what I would do! I would NEVER listen to a single word uttered by the Monk and Wizard classes. I'm a big completionist and love to get all the lore tomes and hear all the dialogue in games. Unfortunately, the Monk is incredibly boring and the Wizard is just a jerk. Never again! =P
Reply Quote
What would you do to have more fun playing the game? Take your time and enjoy the leveling process maybe?
Reply Quote
there is no reason to reroll in the first place. why should I start a new character?
Reply Quote
02/25/2013 07:51 PMPosted by Raptor
not play.

Omg lol! I saw this and was thinking if I should make a response like this, but figured ill keep out of the genuine interested in the game threads. But I saw this and laughed. Anyway have a free bump, I may not get why you like this game but I won't inhibit you from playing.
Reply Quote
02/25/2013 08:02 PMPosted by Goodbrew
Roll male on my monk.

Female monk has a better looking avatar... easier on the eyes.
Reply Quote
Play without buying on the Auction house, gold included (I'd still sell stuff of course).

Probably what ill do with the console version.

I sold all the gear from my alts, and I'm now gearing them with stuff I'm finding with my monk (debating if I should use crafted gear or not). No bought gear for them, but the monk can used AH gear. It's only been a week and I've found some decent items.. I need to level the witch doctor, he has some decent stuff sitting in his stash.
Reply Quote
Play without using the AH until I beat inferno on MP0.

The endgame is all about facerolling content quickly.
It's tempting to socket rubies into weapons and complain about how long it takes to get through normal, nightmare, and hell but this isn't remotely fun or rewarding.

Playing from 1-60 can be rewarding when you work your way up to that success through natural progression. I've done this with my Monk and Wizard but not the other classes. I fully plan to solo self-found with all of them down the road but not until the expansion comes out.
Reply Quote
I won't waste my time again, I did enough to give the game a chance.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]